It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2018 a good year for Gaming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ubisoft is finishing up The Division 2 for a March release and it looks dynamite.

Gears of War 5 should also drop sometime in the spring.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Ubisoft is finishing up The Division 2 for a March release and it looks dynamite.

I can't wait, the first one showed their devs have some crazy potential to make a blockbuster.

The first one just had some hiccups that really messed with the economy unfortunately.

I've signed up for the beta ... HMU if you're on Xbox... Till then I'll be on PUBG and Rocket League.

Edit: they have not released the date for Beta yet, full release is like you said in March.
edit on 8-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think it was a bad year for gaming: lootboxes and the idea of "game as service" which translates to - exploiting our customers.

AAA Companies ditching the idea of single player mode in favor of multiplayer battle-royale and similar where those lootboxes can be best exploited and then trying to pitch it as giving players a "sense of achievement".

In fact, I think the closest I came to purchasing an expensive title was buying Jurassic World: Evolution. My other purchases were small-time indie games because that's where any fun is at at the moment.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
tired of rng based pay to win

would love to see a new boarderlands they say 2019 will be the year i just hope it dosent turn out like mass effect did i couldent even finish that game it was so bad and iv completed every other one atleast 20 times

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran
Same insight sought here as well.

I've been out of touch as of late with WOW, but Vanilla servers, nice! Last I heard about it was in 2017-- one source. Isn't WOW down to 5 million subs? The Vanilla Servers might help.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Cyberpunk2077 is what I'm waiting on. I know it's been mentioned in prior threads of it's own topic last year, but it seems to be going strong if anyone is interested in updates.

CDProject Red(The Witcher) is working on it now and they have good reviews, and it looks very promising.

One of the latest highlights for Cyberounk2077 was there might be an option for MMO play, similar to other games offering story/offline and online modes. I look forward to that development.

I'm a member on the Cd Project Red's forums, lemme know if anyone else wants to swap accounts for friends there as I've enjoy seeing other member ideas.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I bought the one X as a Christmas present to myself. Had the one since launch day.
I unplugged my one - which I used everyday. Took great care of it.
Hooked up my one X and placed an ad to sell my one.
Figured it was xmas, so ppl would be looking for an Xbox one.

Well I Had a guy come over because I told him I wanted him to see that everything works fine before he left with it.
Well wouldn’t you know, I plugged it in and the pos wouldn’t turn on.
Turns out my power supply bit the dust.
Poor dude sitting in my living room as I look like a scum bag trying to slang a broken Xbox lol.
Luckily I was able to pick up a new power supply at a local shop in town.

But I guess just from having it unplugged and discharged for those 3 days that was enough for it to completely die.

I like how the one X has its power supply built in.
No more stupid power brick,
edit on 10-1-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Haha, that is just too ironic.

I'm excited to get the one soon though, I'm going to keep my eye out for a good deal, I have a feeling I can snag it for 350 soon so I'll wait. They will probably want to spike unit sales since it's the beginning of the year, coupled with their new console release of 2020 it looks plausible.

Plus I have a one S, so I can watch 4k video, and it does push out above 1080, just not all the way to true 4k (I did notice I have to play PUBG in 1080 mode or it gets weird on me.)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I know EB (GameStop in the USA) sometimes allow you to to trade your Xbox one towards a one X, giving you, now don’t quote me but I think $300 off the one X.
I can’t remember the exact amount.
But it makes it a good deal

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join