It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2018 a good year for Gaming

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As a family man I only have time for one game at the time.. I used to play planetside2, but now I am finaly playing GTA V online, it´t very funny to play with a friend, lots of minigames inside the game, golf, tennis.. and so on.
But I have to say it takes up alot of space 85 gb and you spend ALOT of time in loading screens.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
As a family man I only have time for one game at the time.. I used to play planetside2, but now I am finaly playing GTA V online, it´t very funny to play with a friend, lots of minigames inside the game, golf, tennis.. and so on.
But I have to say it takes up alot of space 85 gb and you spend ALOT of time in loading screens.

I don’t know why but even with a group of friends I could never get into gta online. Loved the single player though

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

.....You do realise that its a video game and not a historical essay on racism and southerners?

See and here I thought it was a my little pony simulator....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yeah I agree felt like a turning point, showed that gamers are still looking for amazing single player experiences and aren't going to be paying for half a game.

Some really good games.

I used to play on pc but I just use console now sorry mate.

No worries mate. But if ya ever feel like getting into pc gaming just let me or bigdave know. Always looking for felllow gamers.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think Black Ops 4 is actually the best new gen console Call of Duty(not sayin much). 2019 has a couple games that im excited for.CyberPunk 2077 is definitely one of them. Also the game starring Norman Reedus, Death Stranding.

Then the pirate game that ubisoft is coming out with. Anything with an ocean usually looks badass

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I agree. The Dark Souls remaster is still consuming most of my spare time.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I agree, 2017 was a rough one. I found myself settling for games rather than looking forward to any.
2018 was decent.
2019 is supposed to be epic.
I’m playing RDR2 online - which is a mess still.
Fallout 76
And of course BFV

I’m really looking forward to the walking dead.
Anthem also looks pretty good.
Hopefully rockstar gets rdr2 online running smoothly.
I want them to implement the same thing they did for gta v - ghost mode so randoms can’t interfere with your mission.

I went through a couple weeks where I thought PUBG was great.
So when COD BLOPS 4 came out I bought it for the battle royal.
Played it hard for a week, now it hasn’t been touched since that release week.

I have to admit rdr2 has to be my favourite of the year. I upgraded from an Xbox one to the Xbox one X. And it’s like I’m playing a movie. The graphics are stellar.
And yeah I felt a profound sadness when Arthur died. Lol

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's been an interesting year for me as it's my first year in the Entertainment , Blizzard, sector coming from Pediatric Healthcare.

I spent my first 3 weeks on the legendary Blizzard Campus which I don't care how negative people are right now towards BE, my first day pulling into the lot and under the big sign is something I will never forget and will always be proud of.

Worked my first BlizzCon which was amazing even with the drama that played out. Just attending a BlizzCon was something I wanted to do so seeing it from the other side was a damn cool exp.

I also get to work closely with ATVI and the various studios that have put out so many games we all play or played.

I keep my mouth shut on the various posts that come up ripping Blizzard. In the best of times some people are going to complain let alone when you have a fan base as passionate as ours. Believe me the employee base is just as passionate and does all they can to make their voice known. It's not my place to try and convince anyone online or in person that Immortal is going to be great or to just wait until 2020. We have official social media teams that can handle scenarios like that. I'm proud of where I work and as long as people are complaining about us then it means we still have passionate users and have a chance to change those perceptions, it's when you have no heat (positive or negative) that you are in a world of hurt.

BlizzBucks for anyone that can figure out what sweatshirt Im wearing! lol

edit on 8-1-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have Xbox One X, and it is a great machine. Red Dead 2, I feel was over rated. To me it seems sluggish, like everything takes forever.

I finally ordered a Switch, online. I waited cause I have a Wii U, and Mario Kart 8 and others are already on Wii U. Mario Odyssey, is supposed to be one of the best games ever made. What I really want to play though, is Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The first one on Wii U, had sucked me in. Huge world, with distinctly different areas.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I'm low key looking forward to WoW Vanilla Servers coming up. I played it way too much until the first expansion. I even had my wife addicted to it also. You wouldn't have any insight on it would ya?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've not seen anyone mention Spiderman!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

I'm with ya on FFVII...
Waiting. Patiently.
*taps fingers on table*

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I have to admit rdr2 has to be my favourite of the year. I upgraded from an Xbox one to the Xbox one X. And it’s like I’m playing a movie. The graphics are stellar.

I am getting a One X soon.

I Bought a new phone on Black Friday, and it comes with a free 49in 4k TV, so I'm kind of obligated haha.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

If you have an Xbox or PC (and I think playstation recently gave people the ability to do this).

Keep an eye out for cheep external solid state hard drives, you can get a 256gb for 30-40 bucks on a good day. Keep the games you're playing the most on that and you'll boot and render faster.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hopefully 2019 will be the death of a few billion dollar studios..

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ya dude, your gonna love it!
Even normal 1080 Netflix movies look better on a 4K tv. The upscale is noticeable

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Going to be a bad year for blizzard I can tell you that.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulStoner225
I think Black Ops 4 is actually the best new gen console Call of Duty(not sayin much). 2019 has a couple games that im excited for.CyberPunk 2077 is definitely one of them. Also the game starring Norman Reedus, Death Stranding.

Then the pirate game that ubisoft is coming out with. Anything with an ocean usually looks badass

I hate to tell ya but they’re starting to look like 2020 games.... still even if they are what a year that could be even possible we see a ps5 (maybe)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

still even if they are what a year that could be even possible we see a ps5 (maybe)

2020, or 2021 most likely.

Xbox has already released they have their sights set on a 2020 release of their next gen console.

link

To be honest, it doesn't look too exciting though. The new Xbox will be released in three tiers, the bottom tier being a better version of the current Xbox One X (speculation is better processing and SSD). They will have better versions that will be like the one X is to the current platform.

I expect Sony to follow suit, although they may just come out with one base model and work from there.

Personally I don't think the market is ready, but I suppose they are justifying this move so that the next gen could require everyone on the platform to be able to process and push 4k gaming so that developers are forced to make every game 4k.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Hmmmm, I am going with StarCraft?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join