It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAD Drums!! (80''s music)...Just MAD drums!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Mad drums...80's music...WATCH THIS!!

edit on 1/4/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation.

I usually like your posts... but I have found the content on this one to be... minimal.

You are better than this!!!

(I've done it too but had to poke fun at you.)

S&F!

edit on 4-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sorry for the mis-post, I don't do that oftent, but there was a lot of stuff going on.

Check this guy, watch him twice even....this here's a DRUMMER!! He ROCKS!!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Now seriously, can you imagine auditioning a drummer like this for you band???

See him 'pullin' it at 7:51. There used to be a guy called "yellow shirt" who used to do this, but he can hold a candle to this dude!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My fav drummer ...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Not enough drums.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation.

I usually like your posts... but I have found the content on this one to be... minimal.

You are better than this!!!

(I've done it too but had to poke fun at you.)

S&F!

I thought the content was just fine...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Everybody always goes for Neil Pert. Of course he's great, but only a certain genre.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This guy is pounding on the toms!

It's a hard drum line. Just watch his sticks...he's moving!

Snare hits are easy, but the toms in rhythm are not easy, plus the bass and the hat! This guy is rollin!

ETA...he actually does a better drum line on "Groove Line" than the original drummer for Heatwave!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Lumenari

Sorry for the mis-post, I don't do that oftent, but there was a lot of stuff going on.

Check this guy, watch him twice even....this here's a DRUMMER!! He ROCKS!!

I did watch him and yes, he certainly does!

I have hit the wrong button before and was sorta embarrassed about it, so was just poking fun at you, since you seem to be the sort that wouldn't get their man panties in a bunch about it.

I'll look for more clips on youtube of the gentleman... thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I cant post it now, but check out godsmack drum solo....sully is a bad ass

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I shouldn't have to mention, but...look at the room he is in....a very sound-attenuated space. Look at all the sound batting.

This should tell you something...this guy was BANGIN" on these drums!. He's no amateur.

Like I noted, there used to be this guy on YT called "yellow shirt"....he was some Mormon guy out of Utah, and he rocked!

Went on to become a session drummer in the biz. I suspect this guy will do the same, but he's an older guy.

Good drummer though.

(Note...want to know how to see a good drummer? Watch a right handed drummer's left foot. A right handed drummer can always rock with his right foot, but the left foot is usually retarded...unless they're awesome! When a drummer can divorce the right beat from the left...then they are legend. Very few can do it.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

(Note...want to know how to see a good drummer? Watch a right handed drummer's left foot. A right handed drummer can always rock with his right foot, but the left foot is usually retarded...unless they're awesome! When a drummer can divorce the right beat from the left...then they are legend. Very few can do it.

"Divorce it" meaning what? Elaborate please.

Admittedly I'm more of a syncopate kind of drummer with my feet.

Left foot "retarded" might just mean they keep the hi-hat closed with their foot?

edit on 4-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Usually the brain can only keep a stable rhythm on the left foot for a right handed drummer, so you learn to hit the hat on the down stroke (of that rhythm), and do the double strokes around it. It's very uncommon for the drummer to hold the hat up long enough (after the down stroke of the right foot on the tom) to get the close sound for a double strike on the drum and the snare. It's a very cool sound, and very difficult.

I learned a long time ago (I loved drums) that I wasn't coordinated enough to make the really good sounds, or keep them going. For the same reason I am not a good piano player. Frankly, I think piano is almost easier than true drum line rhythm.

And then there was those weird beats Chrissy Hinde used to do, weird freaky beats (they made her famous). My GF at the time was a serious flautist (all into the circle of 5th's and serious music). (I got her a scholarship for the flute even)

If you listen to some of the great music, they have change ups, middle measure. It's what makes things unusual and noticeable.

Listen to how she changes up...

It was what made her unique.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Maybe I missed it, but nothing stuck out as special or anything beyond professional.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I guess if anyone wanted to listen to some truly "weird" music from a structure standpoint, it would have to be Dave Mathews.

That's the weirdest S# ever!! Like fingernails down a chalkboard from a structure standpoint to me!

I saw that dude once (in a small bar)....it was weird!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I would put Tool up on that odd pedestal as well, perhaps Korn too. The offbeat, segregated harmonies are a completely different sort of music than we are used to hearing, let alone playing.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

Everybody always goes for Neil Pert. Of course he's great, but only a certain genre.

The only reason Neil Pert doesn't have a set of solid gold drums is because the Devil didn't have the testicular fortitude to challenge him.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

IMO the dude just makes it look easy. Seven minutes straight of funk drumming with solid timing and consistent dynamics is pretty impressive in my book.

Also impressive is that he was actually playing with the song, not treating it like an accompanied drum solo.

I see where you're coming from in the sense that his playing isn't overly technical, but having spent lots of time with drummers, I have to agree that he makes this appear easy, but it's pretty damn tasty and impressive.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I'm not saying he's bad or anything less than a professional. What could be classified as complete boredom, from my basic drumming standpoint and knowledge, he pulls off with ease as you stated.

Maybe my expectations are the issue. Not being able to appreciate the difficulty of the integrity it takes to complete something mundane, IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join