It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

out of interest, what do you think of President Trump please no americans to reply

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: flashbackjack

I'm from Belgium. We speak Dutch, French and German in al very small country. But we have also to speak English.
I have no problem with that, no problem with migration. There are good and bad people (and a lot in between) everywhere.
What I think about Trump? I think he is not a good man.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
UK Here.
I kind of like Trump, he is brash and gets right to the point. He sticks to what he believes in and the majority of the time if he says he is doing something he seems to do it.
He seems to want the best for his country regardless of who he steps on in the process, I know if he were in charge in the UK right now we would be telling the EU to jog on and push for a hard Brexit.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Dude from Finland replying.

At election time, i was quite sure that Hillary Clinton will win the elections and become the new president. But then Donald Trump won and at first i was surprised and slightly hopeful. Hopeful that Trump could shake the system a bit and comes from outside of political scene, comes from the business world (and reality TV). I thought well at least he is not Hillary Clinton so there could be some hope here.

I was disappointed when Trump bombed Syria, and sometimes his tweets seem childish. But at least, when he tweets it is directly from him to the people, without media twisting and turning and being biased in between. In my understanding economy in the USA is getting better now. I don't too often agree with what he has to say, but at least he says it clearly and then does his best to make it happen.

So i think the botton line is: While i am not a fan of Trump, he was a much better option than Clinton. And without making a comment whether i want it or not, i think Trump will be re-elected for a second term of presidency.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

1, he was preferable to Hillary
2, a vote for Trump struck me as a vote for change
3, It remains to be seen whether he will actually make life better or whether he will be like every other politician and have no positive effect on the lives of the people who voted for him.

4 The Trump presidency, if it does nothing else, has shown up the condescending, sneering liberal elite in the media for the disrespectful, anti democratic shower they are.

5. We are all deplorables now

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
UK here,

I think Trump is just what has been needed in the world, someone to shake up the establishment, More countrys need someone in power that is actually there for their own country.

He's not a career politician and because of that he doesn't always say things 'correctly' but he tells you what he actually thinks not what a focus group and PR team has told him he needs to say to connect.

I wish we had someone similar to Trump running the UK, you know Brexit would be signed and sealed by now, He wouldn't capitulate, he is in it for the country and the people, which is exactly what a government is there for in the first place.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
As an American, I have to say, this thread is refreshing!

I was prepared to read a ton of hate, but instead I see a lot of people who totally understand WHY we elected him.

Status Quo wasn't working, and never worked. We needed someone to shake things up, and he's done that exceptionally well.

Whether you like him or not, he or someone like him, was needed. Desperately.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
American here as well, just popping in to say it is pleasing to see critical thinkers across the globe. Interesting to see outside perspectives especially considering the state of US media. Sometimes there aren't ideal choices, but there are always ideals. The changes for better come from within the individual and that will inherently reflect to the society at large. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Brit in France here :

A Sound lad who seems to be doing his job fairly well but a horrid tan and haircut...

So, I'm interested in your opinion:

I'm from 'merka so I'm just reading. Good stuff, folks

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

American's have more of a right to speak than anyone else if you ask me. They're the ones actually having to live in the states. Everyone else gets nothing but Liberal media lies to make their decision. That is not real information, those are scripts are read by so call journalists, so outsiders don't have the real story...they're told what the elites want them to believe...and they believe blindly. That's why the news is called "Programming"

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Personally I don't like/trust anyone who lies/tricks/cons people out of lots of money and dignity.

And that's what Trump has done his entire life, hes a crook, a conman.

He made a load of false promises during the election and has not really delivered what he said he would, he preyed on peoples far right tendencies to get votes and it won, but you will find that he is now far from it.

I am just in shock that so many good hard working American citizens have fallen for his tricks and games and believe what spits out of his orange gob. I hear people say "but Hillary" and to be honest there is zero difference between them both they are both criminals and will get away with what they have done.

Theres also the "fake news" piece that he loves to bring up all the time. But I see on the t'internet Trump supporters posting fake news the other way round too so tbh both parties are guilty.

America is now a TV circus and I love sitting on the fence watching the embarrassing stuff coming from both sides.

and a few other things to tie it up:

1) Please Donald stop pouting when giving speeches you look so retarded
2) "The Wall" is one of the biggest scapegoats I have ever seen, it will be your downfall
3) Please stop saying "Full of Win!" or "So much winning!", its so cringeworthy.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Verbal diarrhea and no filters or self control.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FoxesNeverQuit

Spot on. A lot of Brits are a bit perplexed by his appearance and mannerisms. His tie is weird - much too long. He also has a very rat like mouth. The way he repeats phrases is a bit grating too. The orange thing and the hair (the hair!) We feel a bit sorry for his wife.

Brits don't tend to take much of an interest in US politics though, unless it affects us.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: FoxesNeverQuit

Spot on. A lot of Brits are a bit perplexed by his appearance and mannerisms. His tie is weird - much too long. He also has a very rat like mouth. The way he repeats phrases is a bit grating too. The orange thing and the hair (the hair!) We feel a bit sorry for his wife.

Brits don't tend to take much of an interest in US politics though, unless it affects us.

Strangely its the tie thing I find most unsettling. The rest is just what I would expect of a reality TV star but the tie thing is just weird.

Has no one ever told him? Does he genuinely think looks better that way? Does Melania tie it for him as some elaborate coded cry for help?

Forget his position on the deficit or if he really does want to build a wall. These are the questions that must be answered!
edit on 7-12-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yes, the tie is weird. I wonder if anyone has dared to tell him? If they have, he obviously took no notice. Either way, it says a lot about the man. The hair, the same.

These are indeed the questions that really matter and:

FREE MELANIA!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yes, the tie is weird. I wonder if anyone has dared to tell him? If they have, he obviously took no notice. Either way, it says a lot about the man. The hair, the same.

These are indeed the questions that really matter and:

FREE MELANIA!

As a man rapidly approaching the age when hair styles become less about looking good and more about coverage I will cut him some slack on his hair.

However his tie budget is more than my mortgage. Learning to dress like a gentleman should not be that difficult for him.

Maybe they double as a handy restraint if Melania tries to make a break for freedom.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The concept of an American attempting to dress like a "gentleman" amuses me greatly.

As for the hair, there is coverage and then there is Trump's hair. Do you think he puts a bowl of milk down for it at night?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The concept of an American attempting to dress like a "gentleman" amuses me greatly.

As for the hair, there is coverage and then there is Trump's hair. Do you think he puts a bowl of milk down for it at night?

It is perfectly possible for an American to dress like a gentleman. They just need to work hard at being more British.

I can't imagine Trump doing anything for any other living thing. Still Melania might in the hope that it one day turns against him.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Much better than airhead Trudeau

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't care for him much, he has a personality disorder(covers a lot of things), definitely think he loaded up his cabinet with..essentially swamp creatures..just his swamp creatures. Oil barons in charge of a gutted EPA, huge donors in charge of other things..DeVos as an example..pay to play is not draining any swamps.
Don't care for his stance on SA(difficult situation I admit)
Don't care for the tariffs on steel/aluminium, says the U.S. is being taken advantage of in that..why does the U.S. get our oil at a substantial discount?(don't understand why that is fair)

He has done things I think are ok/needed, but at time's diminishes the positive with waaay over the top rhetoric.

JM2C

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I don't like Trudeau..at all, but at least he put it on SA at the G20.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join