It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1904 Picture Possible UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I came across this picture , apparently taken in 1904 in the Texas panhandle on a Ranch. Not much info about it. Came from a group I follow on facebook called Traces of Texas. They share many photos from Texas past.

www.facebook.com...

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Wicked witch on her way back from Kansas

Its tough with photos that are old, as we can rule out photoshop and CGI, maybe something in the development process

Picture has a real Red Dead 2 feel about it also which is cool

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

HERE is another photo from that ranch series...same anomaly in upper right of photo.

www.loc.gov...

This indicates a lens or paper problem.
edit on 18-11-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Their photos are usually authentic , some received from museums.

There is an inscription on the bottom right of the photo.

I know the Wright Brothers first flew in 1903, it looks nothing like their plane.

Could be a smudge? But the one cowboy looks like he is pointing at it.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

HERE is another photo from that ranch series...same anomaly in upper right of photo.

www.loc.gov...

This indicates a lens or paper problem.

I see that now. I thought the cowboy was pointing at it. But your photo says Denver , Colorado.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Seeing as the image has neither the same shape or identical location of the object in the sky in question well I’m sure we can rule out either of your 2 possible proposed indication of either lens or paper...

edit on 18-11-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Dark room clips for early film?
Unless there is something deeper.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

YOUR'S says Denver Co. too...it's just cut off.
Look at the top of the image taken from my referenced site of the same photo:

www.loc.gov...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

www.loc.gov...

So, were they both taken in Colorado, or the photographer was from there and filed them there.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

www.loc.gov...

So, were they both taken in Colorado, or the photographer was from there and filed them there.

Denver was probably where the series of images became copyrighted.

Probable that the images may have been taken prior to 1904...and later copyrighted in that year.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Changed my mind was thinking Denver was where the photographer was from
edit on 18-11-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Could be a smudge? But the one cowboy looks like he is pointing at it.

It really doesn't. Enlarge the picture and you can see that the cowboy who is "pointing" at it is looking at the two men on the ground, who are looking up at him, and he is indicating to the general direction behind those cowboys. He's not looking or pointing up.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Groot, see IAMTAT above. Please do your research before you perpetrate some hoax-y ufo stuffs on us, Man.

Just kidding, it it interesting at first glance with the cowboy pointing and all. And the anomaly is an interesting image, but it appears Tat was correct and we're looking at an issue somewhere in the photographic process.

Cowboys & UFOs though cool subject. They oughta make a movie...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here's a ufo trivia question that's related to the pic: What do we have in the way of "cowboy" era UFOs?

I recall the "airships" of late 1800's if memory serves. Aurora, Tx was 1897. Do we have much in the way of any earlier cowboy/ufos? Of course sightings are as old as mankind, and the Native Americans reported amazing experiences, but I just got to thinking how "quiet" this timeframe seems to be.

Aurora Texas Incident

During the 1896–1897 timeframe, numerous sightings of a cigar-shaped mystery airship were reported across the United States.

One of these accounts appeared in the April 17, 1897, edition of the Dallas Morning News. Written by Aurora resident S.E. Haydon,[2] the alleged UFO is said to have hit a windmill on the property of a Judge J.S. Proctor two days earlier at around 6am local (Central) time,[3] resulting in its crash. The pilot (who was reported to be "not of this world", and a "Martian" according to a reported Army officer from nearby Fort Worth)[4] did not survive the crash, and was buried "with Christian rites" at the nearby Aurora Cemetery. (The cemetery contains a Texas Historical Commission marker mentioning the incident.[5])

Reportedly, wreckage from the crash site was dumped into a nearby well located under the damaged windmill, while some ended up with the alien in the grave. Adding to the mystery was the story of Mr. Brawley Oates, who purchased Judge Proctor's property around 1935. Oates cleaned out the debris from the well in order to use it as a water source, but later developed an extremely severe case of arthritis, which he claimed to be the result of contaminated water from the wreckage dumped into the well. As a result, Oates sealed up the well with a concrete slab and placed an outbuilding atop the slab. (According to writing on the slab, this was done in 1957.)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Groot, see IAMTAT above. Please do your research before you perpetrate some hoax-y ufo stuffs on us, Man.

Just kidding, it it interesting at first glance with the cowboy pointing and all. And the anomaly is an interesting image, but it appears Tat was correct and we're looking at an issue somewhere in the photographic process.

Cowboys & UFOs though cool subject. They oughta make a movie...

LOL ! Thought it was an interesting pic and really didn't research it much because of the page it came from.They just post historic photos of Texas, where my wife is from. You probably know who she is. We all use to be facebook friends.
And yes, I believe IAMTAT is correct. Would like to see if there are more photos with this anomaly in the picture as further proof.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Witchie-Poo on her vroom-broom.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's a great old photo...and I really wish it was an actual UFO.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Enhanced

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: llama

That is not an enhancement.
It's an exaggeration.

edit on 11/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join