It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Thousand Oaks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: odzeandennz

So what is it that makes people in the US want to kill others?

The fact that we think we're better than everyone else and fail our own people in the process of making it seem that way to the world.

If this were happening in say a smaller country which had no army to fight the US, we would have went in on the grounds to try and stop "senseless" acts of violence.

Whilst at home, the solution proposed by our government officials is to arm more people.

The only predicament where the things used to cause casualties is the solution to the casualties... Where else in real life does this happen? To fight cancer, introduce more cancer? To fight rust on a car's body panel introduce more rust? To fight traffic jams get more people driving?
.... But to stop mass shootings arm more people? Wtf....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Wow - press conference is saying the shooter was a USMC veteran, he mentioned PTSD, and also stated there had been an incident where there was a mental health evaluation of the suspect and that he was able to purchase the weapon after that...

No motive yet - looks like they will be executing a search warrant of the suspect's house...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

... developing adversity in not just youth, but anyone of any age.

Life does a fine job of implementing adversity.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Sounds quite familiar and is getting some what routine.

But a person could go over the edge after legally obtaining a fire arm.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

There is no practical way of removing firearms from the public in the US, if that is the intended solution.
edit on 11/8/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: JinMI

Wow - press conference is saying the shooter was a USMC veteran, he mentioned PTSD, and also stated there had been an incident where there was a mental health evaluation of the suspect and that he was able to purchase the weapon after that...

No motive yet - looks like they will be executing a search warrant of the suspect's house...

Common denominator?

You already mentioned it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

incident where there was a mental health evaluation of the suspect and that he was able to purchase the weapon after that...

Because he was cleared after the evaluation....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

There is no practical way of removing firearms from the public in the US, if that is the intended solution.

Well I guess we arm more citizens.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If PTSD is seen as a serious mental health issue then may be it should prevent a person from possessing a firearm.

Of course we know that isn't going to happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The point is that any plan based on removing most or all firearms is going to fail. It would be short sighted to think it won't. It's just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

If PTSD is seen as a serious mental health issue then may be it should prevent a person from possessing a firearm.

a reply to: roadgravel

Well put it this way, Trump wants to curb the birth citizenship right in the constitution because it doesn't make sense in our Era.

But the 2nd amendment was for a specific threat during a specific period in American history.

There's no threats of rogue colony settlers siding with the crown as far as I can tell for the last 200 years.

edit on 8-11-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That would likely go to the SCotUS and likely shot down, no pun intended.

The 2a has already been there numerous times.

It's part and parcel of the country.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

There's no threats of rogue colony settlers siding with the crown as far as I can tell for the last 200 years.

I think that is called partisan politics in today's world.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

But the 2nd amendment was for a specific threat during a specific period in American history. There's no threats of rogue colony settlers siding with the crown as far as I can tell for the last 200 years.

That's odd. I just looked at the text of the amendment again and I can't find the part in there about "rogue colony settlers siding with the crown."

Can you point that out for the class?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

*Looks around, waves Union Jack*

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Finally!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Only 40% - 45% of the colonists supported the revolution.

Rogue colonists where in the majority.

(post by amagyar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*Looks around, waves Union Jack*

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Finally!

Its funny...its not like china or russia wouldnt try to invade the US if we were disarmed...nawwwww.....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

But the 2nd amendment was for a specific threat during a specific period in American history.

Are you serious??? Is that what they really teach in schools today??? WOW!!

To say you are just 'misinformed' would be the understatement of the year!! Possibly the CENTURY!

Just WOW!!
edit on 11/8/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Meanwhile, back at the topic, Heavy has had this up for an hour already:

Ian Long has been identified as the black-clad ex-Marine with mental health troubles who opened fire at a crowded college bar in Thousand Oaks, California, killing at least 12 and wounding many more, in a horrific scene in which people hid in bathrooms and smashed windows to try to escape.

1. The Shooter Was a Former Marine With a Recent Mental Health Eval for Acting ‘Irate’ at His Home
2. Ian David Long Was a Dodgers Fan Who Lived With His Mother
3. A Witness Said the Shooter, Who Used a .45 Caliber Handgun, Had ‘Perfect Form’ & Reloaded Quickly
4. Ian Long’s Motive Is Not Yet Known & Some People in the Bar Survived the Las Vegas Mass Shooting
5. The Shooting Happened During a College Night With Hundreds of Students in the Bar

Ian Long: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

How does Heavy go about it's research and why does it seem that they always have such fully fleshed out articles so quickly after any major event?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join