It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the function of the Egyptian pyramids?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER

got to go

It's miller Time

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
edit on 27-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
edit on 27-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER

www.youtube.com...

5:40

Image above empty cartoosh

whale

That's the symbol for gold... and it's a basket. It's the syllable "neb."

under the empty cartoosh

a balloon

And that's the upper part of the symbol, ankh. It means "life."

And the cartouche isn't empty.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: Byrd

Byrd what was the ancient Egyptian name for whale? I looked at Faulkner, Budge and Gardiner but no luck.

"Great big fishy-wishy"?

"Holy hannah, what the heck is THAT thing"?

"Ra-hotep TOLD me not to drink that beer!"?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Byrd what was the ancient Egyptian name for whale? I looked at Faulkner, Budge and Gardiner but no luck.

"Great big fishy-wishy"?

Funny!

Can I take that to mean they didn't have a name for a whale? I mean they did travel at times at sea but its interesting that there is no record of their having hunted whales or if I take your point - they didn't have a specific name for whales. Other than 'great big fishy wishy whatis'.

Did they have something for sea monster!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Baleen Whale
Blue Whale
Balloon Whale

www.youtube.com...

thinkingmuse.com...

Looks like they incorporated sails at some point

The Jackal is holding up sails, not knives

Whatever, and now for something completely different
edit on 28-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

"Great big fishy-wishy"?

Funny!

Can I take that to mean they didn't have a name for a whale? I mean they did travel at times at sea but its interesting that there is no record of their having hunted whales or if I take your point - they didn't have a specific name for whales. Other than 'great big fishy wishy whatis'.

Did they have something for sea monster!

No, not that we know of. There are no whales in the Mediterranean and Red Sea. Madagascar is a place where you might see them, and there are places along the east coast of Africa where you'd find them... but if you remember, that's not a whaling hot spot. Since they preferred to travel over land, the number of whale sightings was pretty small.

My dictionaries don't show a word for whale and there's no depictions of them in Egyptian art that I know of.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER

Baleen Whale
Blue Whale
Balloon Whale

www.youtube.com...
Not a whale.

thinkingmuse.com...

Looks like they incorporated sails at some point
Don't know what you're looking at (that's part of the text on Tutankamun's tomb) and it links Tut with Osiris (3rd line from the right) and the sixth line is something about the city of Thebes and continues with a prayer or invocation to Osiris (whose name can be seen in the 8th column.

The Jackal is holding up sails, not knives

That's not sails. 'Sail' is Gardiner sign P15 The baboon is holding up knives.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

No, not that we know of. There are no whales in the Mediterranean and Red Sea. Madagascar is a place where you might see them, and there are places along the east coast of Africa where you'd find them... but if you remember, that's not a whaling hot spot. Since they preferred to travel over land, the number of whale sightings was pretty small.

My dictionaries don't show a word for whale and there's no depictions of them in Egyptian art that I know of.

The Romans had a whaling industry so I would think there were whales there when the AE were about. Some whales are still found int he med also. I presume the Red Sea also has whales as I saw a few off Hurghada (Egypt) some years ago while snorkeling on the reefs there.

www.theguardian.com...

A History of Whaling includes chapters on Phoenician, Greek, Roman, Norman, Japanese, British, American, and Norwegian whale hunters, and the span of time is from 10,000 B.C. to the mid-twentieth century.

I don't think whales factored into the AE world much.

Unlike the AE the Romans had a world for whales (balaena) as did the ancient Greeks (phallaina)

On the west bank I though aside from the priests in the mortuary temples, etc and the farmed land next to the Nile the rest of the area was sacred and no cities were there except for Fayrum of course.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: kborissov

Yes.
Definitely. Sue him.

what happened? you used to be nice guy

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
World's first water park with giant slide.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The latest I've heard is that the Great Pyramid of Giza was a machine or some sort of power plant device. There are two great anomalies of Earth. One is the Great Pyramid, a spot chosen for it's exact center of Earth's land masses. Also, the mathematics built into the size and dimensions showing the rotational speed of the Earth and the dimensions of Earth, cardinal directions, speed of light, it's a 26000 year astronomical calendar,etc. The other anomaly is the moon. Some of it's earliest references are from Egyptian hieroglyphs. The moon's positioning is close to perfect for eclipses, only moon with perfect circular orbit, rotation is such that we only see one side, etc. So the idea is that these two great anomalies are connected. The Great Pyramid, a power plant machine, was used to bring the Moon (supposedly a ship) into orbit around Earth which intern caused a great flood, bringing down the firmament, exposing the stars, and shortening lifespans now exposed to increased radiation.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
The latest I've heard is that the Great Pyramid of Giza was a machine or some sort of power plant device.

You must have missed the one about the GP being (I kid you not) a launching device... ala "human cannonball" to launch humans into space.

One is the Great Pyramid, a spot chosen for it's exact center of Earth's land masses.

Yeah, we hear that one a lot. The center of the Earth's land masses is actually in Turkey.

Also, the mathematics built into the size and dimensions showing the rotational speed of the Earth and the dimensions of Earth, cardinal directions, speed of light, it's a 26000 year astronomical calendar,etc.

And that one, too. There's threads here (long ones) where we explain that the Egyptians didn't measure in feet, yards, meters, or miles and that, in fact, it's moved about 100 yards northeast since it was built (continental drift)

The other anomaly is the moon. Some of it's earliest references are from Egyptian hieroglyphs. The moon's positioning is close to perfect for eclipses, only moon with perfect circular orbit, rotation is such that we only see one side, etc.

I hadn't seen that. It's ... the level of pseudo-knowledge I expect from people who don't do a lot of reading and who haven't studied astronomy. The Moon's orbit isn't circular -- and the OLDEST records of the Moon date back far before humans... before there were dinosaurs, even. The moon's presence causes tides and you can see tides written in the rocks (when I was prepping Alamosaurus vertebra, I saved a fragment of the stone (now lost) that showed tides (different stripes of material for different tides. I think the oldest record of the Moon is around 3 billion years old and we've got evidence that it's been there ever since then.

So the idea is that these two great anomalies are connected. The Great Pyramid, a power plant machine, was used to bring the Moon (supposedly a ship) into orbit around Earth which intern caused a great flood, bringing down the firmament, exposing the stars, and shortening lifespans now exposed to increased radiation.

That's pretty absurd, yes, but it's been around for awhile (keeps getting debunked but the old tale is still out there and gets passed along) I think the "launching spacemen" has it beat.
edit on 30-11-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There's threads here (long ones) where we explain that the Egyptians didn't measure in feet, yards, meters, or miles and that, in fact, it's moved about 100 yards northeast since it was built (continental drift)

I've already seen the fringe reply to the fact of the movement of African plate - the speed of light in meters which passes through the northern part of G1 was planned that way - when it gets to the actual 'dead center' the world will end.

Simples!
edit on 30/11/18 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join