It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EQ M ag3.0-4.0 Swarm Happening now Central Califonia Grab yer bug out bag and be ready folks!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: threeeyesopen

On average the experts conclude that the recent Cascadia Subduction Zone quakes weren't relevant to changing the fault for better or even worse.

May be the same with these California ones. Hopefully they aren't for-shocks but certainly California won't break off into the see as some may think it will if they are for-shocks to a significant seismic event.

Actually what they said is the quakes did nothing to relieve the pressure in the fault, they have been able to show the pressure has increased and the whole thing is locked and ready to go. Many recent studies on this.

“People think the little quakes are a good thing, that they release pressure, but that’s not the case,” Metzger said. “Sooner or later, Cascadia will release and there is no way for us to predict when it will happen.”

“That Cascadia quake will range between 8 to 9.5 magnitudes,” said Ron Metzger, geologist professor at Southwestern Oregon Community College.

theworldlink.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: CADpro
We watched a movie 2012 the other night. It was awesome seeing CA crack apart tilting into the sea. That's one way to clean up all the crap off the sidewalks.

Always some callous persons wanting millions including innocent babies dead as long as it's not where they live.

Actually....is it? really think here. when they grow up their lives will be crap most likely right?

When they who grows up?
Kids? My Grandkids? What makes them any different than kids in tornado alley or anywhere in the USA?
They the lucky have Families who love them, they all get jobs and go to work and come home, what is the matter with you people that seems to think California is some outer limits!
I wouldn't wish death on Families in miserable hell holes like Afghanistan or Bangladesh let alone my own countryman.

Life is crap for everyone everywhere because all of humanity is sick.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Where are you going to bug out to? The roads will all be bumper to bumper gridlock. Then when it gets dark they will be opportunists robbing people in the gridlock. Food will quickly be stolen or diminish.

If you stayed in your home at least it would be defensible. The National Guard would arrive in a day or so and restore the law, and likely provide food and water.

I just always wondered who's doing any good with this bug-out theme..... the people, or those selling prepper goods.
edit on 2-11-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Thanks👍 Maybe it is largely contributing to the Salton Sea drying up. My initial source I believe was the LaTimes and as to why I didn't share the source. Good for the further info on it. Seems like it would make a good thread especially if even more info comes out.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I had read about the varying opines PNSN for example. My opine was its pent up and land lock due to Vancouver Island moving 5mm to the west as shared in the main earthqtuake thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

If you stayed in your home at least it would be defensible. The National Guard would arrive in a day or so and restore the law, and likely provide food and water. I just always wondered who's doing any good with this bug-out theme..... the people, or those selling prepper goods.

Clearly this depends on where you are and what is happening, but bug out is not optional for coastal people. They made maps to show where the water will likely rise to all along the Ca, Or and Wa coasts they suggest you keep a bug out kit built over time not spend thousands. Some good strong bottles of water sure would be good, not likely to find water in the flooded zones.
i am supposedly safe on a knoll that will be surrounded by water Ha! With redwoods stacking up and houses flowing in doubt that!

Need to know: Zones One phrase often thrown around when talking about Cascadia is “inundation zone.” That is where water will fill an area very fast, as in an incoming tsunami. Another term is “liquefaction zone.” This is where the soils are saturated with water, meaning there is no bedrock below but rather fill dirt. For example, downtown Coos Bay is a liquefaction zone.
According to Metzger, most of that fill dirt in Coos Bay is actually sawdust. “Once it is shaken, it loses cohesiveness so everything above will sink,” Murphy said. “Buildings will sink. When you’re downtown in Coos Bay and a big truck passes, you feel the ground shake. That is because of fill dirt and when Cascadia happens, it will be much, much worse and will go on for longer. “If you’re on good, solid ground, don’t worry. In an area with fill or high water tables – move.”

“Know your routes and where you will need to go because there will be no warning,” he said. “Get to high ground because water will be coming soon. If you’re in your car, stop. You won’t be able to drive because the ground will be buckling. Stay in your car to protect yourself until shaking subsides.

I tell people not to sit in your car after waiting for traffic to clear. Get out and run. Water is coming.” A group at the University of Oregon is looking into early warning possibilities for earthquakes, hopefully to give people 30 seconds or even a minute to prepare. Metzger believes this will be developed eventually into a phone app, but it isn’t there just yet.

“Be prepared folks,” Murphy warned. “It’s coming. Have the mindset of preparation.”

theworldlink.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Oh yeah...the producers of the movie are some bad bad folks. How could they be so cruel? Reeee reee reee

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
"Learn to swim. I'll see you down at Arizona bay."

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
no offense but youre always wrong on these.......

I like your heart and how you try, but theres a problem........

People come on your threads who have a VAST knowledge of these sort of things and correct your mistakes and you never seem to take anything from it......

Why?

If you want to get better at this I think its pertinent to take into account people who know what they are talking about.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Are we sure this isn't just the vibration from the approaching migrant caravan??

How very sad that you feel the need to pollute every forum you visit with your partisan drivel. Here's an idea...why not keep it in the mudpit and give the rest of us a break?

(post by TheJesuit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

edit on 2-11-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

(post by SeaWorthy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
For those asking for where to find the data the USGS is you friend

earthquake.usgs.gov...

In terms of these quakes I live about 75 North of Salinas and about 6 miles East of the San Andreas Fault and did not feel anything

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Where are you going to bug out to? The roads will all be bumper to bumper gridlock. Then when it gets dark they will be opportunists robbing people in the gridlock. Food will quickly be stolen or diminish. .

I tend to agree.

For those on the Peninsula unless you have a boat, South is your only exit path along with everybody else. Anything above say a Richter 8.5 then all bets are off. Overpasses may be gone and while the bridges themselves would survive, the roadways may not and the approaches are going to be iffy as well. Assuming you are prepared you would be well served to shelter in place in this scenario unless fires, or a chemical spill etc forces you to evacuate

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: TheJesuit

Isn't there a link to live seismographs? (Excuse my ignorance if that isn't what its called) but I remember seeing a youtube page where you could watch the readings in full time...

Anyone have a link?

TrueAmerican's YouTube channel

Muzzy's YouTube channel

If there were anything of concern, TA would be here posthaste.
edit on 2-11-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
no offense but youre always wrong on these.......

I like your heart and how you try, but theres a problem........

People come on your threads who have a VAST knowledge of these sort of things and correct your mistakes and you never seem to take anything from it......

Why?

If you want to get better at this I think its pertinent to take into account people who know what they are talking about.

Are you addressing the OP?
If so what is it that you find wrong?

The Op

All in the last few hours a lot of movement be ready.....im sure this has seismologist on edge but we'll wait and wait and see what happens.....

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Absolute awesome links thank you !! you just made this thread awesome stars for everyone!!!

Edit : what are the stars for again??
edit on 2-11-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

From a good safe distance

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

I see you got my reference

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join