It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EQ M ag3.0-4.0 Swarm Happening now Central Califonia Grab yer bug out bag and be ready folks!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

There's a whole mess of 3+'s going on in the Yucatan and southern Mexico right now

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I count 20 eq's in central Cali in just the last eight hours - www.emsc-csem.org...

Texas Montana Utah and Nevada as well Hmmm something to watch anyway

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

You know that earthquake swarms happen quite frequently, right? Often quite more swarmy than this one.

Any reason to think there is something particularly scary about this one? Other than your fascination with death and destruction by earthquake?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Show me a swarm in Cali with magnitudes above a 2.5 & up to a 4.0 in this amount in the past 30 days??
So you'll have to define "More Swarmy" because looking recently I simply can't find what your indicating.

Death and Destruction comes with the territory and is just a sad fact not a fascination..... well maybe sometimes lol.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

in this amount in the past 30 days??

What's so important about the past 30 days?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OK define "quite frequently" and take a look at the concentration in seems consolidated for that amount of quakes and location the swarms just south of there were a lot more spread out..

edit on 2-11-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

OK define "quite frequently"
Once, twice a year or so.

and take a look at the concentration
Remember this one?
earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 11/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
AHhahahaha i knew it was coming! but that was two years ago .

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

but that was two years ago .

What's your point?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"You know that earthquake swarms happen quite frequently, right? Often quite more swarmy than this one.

Any reason to think there is something particularly scary about this one??"

This is the "once" that happens in your defined frequency - a semi annual event, not scary but unique & the year's almost out.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Do you think that earthquakes pay attention to the calendar?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes they do absolutely, except it's not our calendar they go by it's their own and we're not privy, it would ruin the surprise!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You know that earthquake swarms happen quite frequently, right? Often quite more swarmy than this one.

Any reason to think there is something particularly scary about this one? Other than your fascination with death and destruction by earthquake?

They do indeed, but I have been watching as I live on the coast for years many many years and I have not seen a swarm at each end like there has been. We had a recent swarm in a very unusual place on the Juan de fuca and then another at the far North on the end by canada and now this one. So for me I feel heads up is appropriate!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I think anyone living near the San Andreas fault should be in a constant state of "heads up."

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Are you addressing the OP? If so what is it that you find wrong?

Uhhhh mostly the "grab your bug out bags and be ready" over 3.0 quakes........

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I think anyone living near the San Andreas fault should be in a constant state of "heads up."

You are 100% correct and we are totally prepared but I would have to say that at least 75% of my neighbors have 0=25% of what they need.

We have planned our setup around the possibility of providing for our neighbors and helping out

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Tres Pinos-Pacines is at the junction of the San Andreas and a couple of minor side faults.
I go through there often, an old road goes across the coast range to Hollister and runs through the fault/canyon/ pass. It's one of the best moto twisties in central cal.
You can tell it's a fault zone, tilted and sheared rock beds hundreds of feet high.
It just found a local news report for the quakes, and they were centered exactly where I was just talking about above.

5:58 a.m.: 4.1 magnitude earthquake

6:01 a.m.: 3.2 magnitude earthquake

6:10 a.m.: 3.0 magnitude earthquake

6:22 a.m.: 3.6 magnitude earthquake

8:15 a.m.: 3.2 magnitude earthquake

8:27 a.m.: 3.6 magnitude earthquake

9:02 a.m.: 3.0 magnitude earthquake

9:19 a.m.: 3.4 magnitude earthquake

We have a fair number of quakes in cen cal, but this swarm is out of the ordinary.
That many quakes of such a consistent magnitude
and consistent pattern , there are two distinct pulses of smaller quakes, is odd.
The maps put the quakes under a rather large craggy set of peaks in the mountains that separate the San Benito and Salinas river valleys.
I bet those peaks just got a little taller.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Clearly something is changing.

global warming?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yeah, well life gets in the way doesn't it..

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If the white man had asked the red indians what to do with california , they might well have said ... "just don't build a megalopolis on that flat part by the ocean "

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join