It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama McDonald's gunman killed by armed dad, who is injured in shootout

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

NOTE: I decided to take this post I made in another thread and make it stand alone. I think discussion of this topic is more suited to an individual debate outside that other thread.

Oct 28, 2018: Alabama McDonald's gunman killed by armed dad, who is injured in shootout

A brave dad armed with a pistol stopped what could have been a mass shooting Saturday inside an Alabama McDonald's when he took down a masked gunman who had stormed in and opened fire.

The unidentified father was leaving the establishment with his sons when a masked man walked into the Birmingham fast-food restaurant and started shooting, WBRC-TV reported. The father returned fire and, during the ensuing shootout, the gunman, the father and one of the man's teenage sons were struck, according to the station.

The gunman, who was not identified, later died of his injuries. The other two injuries were not considered life-threatening.

Odd, that not one other customer or innocent child was killed either by the attempted gunman or the armed citizen.

According to some right here on ATS (in other threads), aren't we supposed to believe that this should be a killing field of dead customers and children if a citizen was to be armed and engage the shooter???!!!

Imagine that, an armed and trained citizen foils an attempted mass shooting before police arrive with no others hurt or killed.

This must be one of those Mandela moments.

ETA

More local reporting, WBRC-TV: Father shoots, kills masked man who opened fire at Birmingham McDonald’s

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No taxpayer money needed there. Justice was done swiftly and effectively.

Can't beat that!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

false flag

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hallelujah and pass the ammo!!

Well done Dad!!

Fred..

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

right serious reply

what did the " masked gun man " shoot first ??????????????????

this is not a trick question

and how do you know that the " dad " - was " trained " - you dont even know who he is

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
'Stop or my Dad' will shoot'.

A movie hollywood will never make because it exposes a false narrative.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

false flag

Yep. Staged by deep state Republicans for gun support.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I always wondered how people picked their account names. Now I know.

Fred..

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

right serious reply

what did the " masked gun man " shoot first ??????????????????

this is not a trick question

and how do you know that the " dad " - was " trained " - you dont even know who he is

1) The article stated the gunman shot first:

The masked man then opened fire in the restaurant. At that point, the father began shooting at the masked man.

2) The man engaged the shooter, so therefore he had a CCL and was carrying while in there. To possess and carry a firearm in Alabama (in public), one must have a license. Open carry in public is not allowed AFAIK. So, he must have had a CCL license to legally have it on his person in public.

The only necessary Alabama gun permit required in the state is to carry concealed firearms. Unless otherwise allowed by local law enforcement officials, it is illegal to carry a pistol, either on his person or concealed in a vehicle, unless the individual is within his/her own private property. The only situation where this may be reconsidered is under specific circumstances, where an individual can provide for a valid reason to carry a handgun. Only under special mandate of the proper official, and under his/her own discretion, may the concealed firearm law in Alabama be overturned.

Alabama Gun Laws
The fact that he was licensed and successfully shot and killed the masked assailant clearly demonstrates that he was trained and not some wild frantic shooter.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a little more info...

Initial police scanner reports said the shooting may have happened during a robbery, but police have not confirmed that report. Shelton said the restaurant was closing for the night and the manager was unlocking the door to let out a father and his two teen sons.

As the door was opened, a masked man burst inside and opened fire. The exiting customer was able to return fire, striking the masked man who ultimately died at the hospital.

The father and one of his sons were injured but are expected to be OK.

A witness said she was at the drive-thru and had just ordered her food when she heard eight or nine shots ring out. She said people started running from the restaurant, including children. She said she then heard two more shots fired. www.al.com...

So, it was most likely a robbery attempt, not an attempted mass shooting, terroristic plot.

edit on 29-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Where is media with this one?

Shining with absence as usual when things go exactly as they were intended to.

2nd amendment works. More carry ons, less shootings. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

FFS - i asked :

WHAT did the gun man shoot first ????????????????

i even told you - its not a trick question

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a little more info...

Initial police scanner reports said the shooting may have happened during a robbery, but police have not confirmed that report. Shelton said the restaurant was closing for the night and the manager was unlocking the door to let out a father and his two teen sons.

As the door was opened, a masked man burst inside and opened fire. The exiting customer was able to return fire, striking the masked man who ultimately died at the hospital.

The father and one of his sons were injured but are expected to be OK.

A witness said she was at the drive-thru and had just ordered her food when she heard eight or nine shots ring out. She said people started running from the restaurant, including children. She said she then heard two more shots fired. www.al.com...

So, it was most likely a robbery attempt, not an attempted mass shooting, terroristic plot.

Most robberies do not start with a masked gunman busting in and just opening fire, do they. The fact that there were still customers in the building at the time, and he entered and started shooting, not yelling it was a robbery or to hand over the cash, most likely does not mean he was looking to rob the place either.

See, I can play that "most likely" game too.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

FFS - i asked :

WHAT did the gun man shoot first ????????????????

i even told you - its not a trick question

His gun....I thought that was obvious? According to the article, he entered and started shooting. No mention of exactly what he was shooting at, but, does that really matter in this case or any other? Seriously?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

so what did the gunman shoot first ??

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

so what did the gunman shoot first ??

Are you really ignorant? Please, re-read my above post, it answers your question from my perspective.

"FFS"

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

yes seriously - stop being an evasive little wingnut

the gun man shot at ????????????????????????

the " dad " shot at the gun man

its an important question

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It's not an important question at all. You walk into a McDonald's and shoot at ANYTHING and you're gonna pay the consequences.

A2D

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If you refuse to read my post where I answered it, then who is the wingnut here, FFS?

Willful ignorance is not pretty.

SMFH

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You can keep asking all you want...... It doesn't matter....

Besides. "what did he shoot at" doesn't even make sense....

He opened fire in a restaurant.... He could have shot at the ceiling it makes no difference

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join