It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No comments allowed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 10/21/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don’t worry about folks knowing who I am (locally), but no way am I being forced into making a Facebook account.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Apologies for leading on. I suppose I should figure out why this is happening. Then again, as a Centrist I cannot stand propaganda networks from either side, or the comments section. Censoring speech is just a major alarm bell for me.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
a reply to: Lab4Us

Apologies for leading on. I suppose I should figure out why this is happening. Then again, as a Centrist I cannot stand propaganda networks from either side, or the comments section. Censoring speech is just a major alarm bell for me.

Might be something like an ad blocker on your end or something set up on your router. I see over 8,000 comments and counting (they increase as I look at them.)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
a reply to: Edumakated

I don’t worry about folks knowing who I am (locally), but no way am I being forced into making a Facebook account.

Yeah, I've never had a Facebook account, so I just stopped commenting. I refuse to sign up for Facebook.

I don't really want people locally to know I am conservative because I also run a business. Like I said, liberals aren't very tolerant if you don't think like them. You'd get your house vandalized if you had a Trump sign during the election.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I haven't the foggiest idea. I know it isn't an ad blocker.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am trying not to see everything through the lens of today's political environment. I believe it could also be a mitigation to disruptive discourse on their sites, control of bandwidth, or simply having to be signed in to read or write a commentary on the article.

However, it could very well be political in nature and the media is simply showing a continued bias against conservative Americans.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: BenignChaos
The right wing media does the same. It's been going on for quite some time. Is it not hypocritical to call someone out for doing the same thing your side does?

It has already been established that media sites in general are moving to stop comments. You got that part, right? It's NOT just a left wing nor a right wing issue. Yet here you are still playing the same game. "it's not us, it's the other guys!" Jesus Friggin' Christ, guys! Step away from your ideology for two seconds and recognize this for what it is. Comments sections are toxic so media in general (not just left and not just right) is moving to cut them out, period.

You are incorrect the premise of my post is accurate. Left wing sites are dramatically less open to public comment. Once again, the great "middle ground" people sweep in to protect lefties - for God knows what reason other than they are probably left wing themselves on the inside.

It’s the concern trolling of politics. Ironically enough, they only contribute to polarization instead of alleviate it.

How is having a different opinion than the two similar parties trolling?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They do not want the people who believe their crap to know the majority of people do not believe their crap. So they block comments.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

They are only doing this to suppress any other voices, opinions or even opposition. Its suppression. I had noticed it as well and not just on the Liberal owned news sites but also European news outlets to.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
CNN aint had them for a long time.

Fox on the other hand... man if you hate threads here at ats, check the fox comment section

left and right battling it out non stop literally updating every second.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join