It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No comments allowed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yea, I actually figured out that most news sites dont have comment boxes anymore, I actually noticed it because of talk about Fox News and other more right leaning news sites not having them a long time ago.

Now virtually every news story will be shared on social media by the organization that put it out, so they can leave the debate and fighting to those mediums and they can keep it off their actual website.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I often can’t believe Yahoo! still allows comments... they predominantly publish left wing garbage from HuffPo/WashPo/NYT/etc and the comments are the only thing ever worth reading and almost entirely center/right...

That being said maybe their comments sections are the only thing keeping them afloat...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe because they don´t want to be the loudspeakers of all the rightwingers worldwide, which seem not to work but to flood every comment section in the web. Or is that their paid job?

If you give millions an internet connection, you will almost hear just the a-holes, because they have to yell all the time, to hide the less of intelligence. Or to flood every comment section in the web, same effect, same reason.

The wiser head gives in. And if all the wise people left and only the neonazis are left, in comment sections of not rightwinger/neonazi websites, why should these not neonazi websites help to spread the stupid neonazi propaganda lies?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Maybe because they don´t want to be the loudspeakers of all the leftwingers worldwide, which seem not to work but to flood every comment section in the web. Or is that their paid job?

If you give millions an internet connection, you will almost hear just the a-holes, because they have to yell all the time, to hide the less of intelligence. Or to flood every comment section in the web, same effect, same reason.

The wiser head gives in. And if all the wise people left and only the leftwingers are left, in comment sections of not leftwinger websites, why should these leftwinger websites help to spread the stupid leftwinger propaganda lies?

Fixed that for you. Do you see the problem yet?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The right wing media does the same. It's been going on for quite some time. Is it not hypocritical to call someone out for doing the same thing your side does?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
The right wing media does the same. It's been going on for quite some time. Is it not hypocritical to call someone out for doing the same thing your side does?

It has already been established that media sites in general are moving to stop comments. You got that part, right? It's NOT just a left wing nor a right wing issue. Yet here you are still playing the same game. "it's not us, it's the other guys!" Jesus Friggin' Christ, guys! Step away from your ideology for two seconds and recognize this for what it is. Comments sections are toxic so media in general (not just left and not just right) is moving to cut them out, period.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I am not left leaning. I stay in the center and point out the fallacies of both sides. I agree with you about it not being just one side or the other. Both are to blame for the mess.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71

Yea, I actually figured out that most news sites dont have comment boxes anymore, I actually noticed it because of talk about Fox News and other more right leaning news sites not having them a long time ago.

Now virtually every news story will be shared on social media by the organization that put it out, so they can leave the debate and fighting to those mediums and they can keep it off their actual website.

Wow, just went to Fox to check that. Guess what? Every article I checked has an open comment section. Why do you want to make it seem that they do not?

I have only found 1 right wing (and it is far right I guess) magazine that does not allow comments unless you pay and that is Taki Mag. All others that I have checked allow public comments. Including Foxnews.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It is because propaganda doesn't work when you leave it open to challenge. Be it someone proving something or an entire article is wrong/not factual or if its that the opposing side comments more against it than the side you are writing for. Either way it diminishes the propaganda's effect, which they do not want. Be it left or right they do it for the same reason...this is why it is best to try to look at as many sources as possible and to see where the spin is and do some research of your own to see what indeed is factual in their sources. There is not much real news left just red and blue propaganda...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

It has already been established that media sites in general are moving to stop comments. You got that part, right? It's NOT just a left wing nor a right wing issue. Yet here you are still playing the same game. "it's not us, it's the other guys!" Jesus Friggin' Christ, guys! Step away from your ideology for two seconds and recognize this for what it is. Comments sections are toxic so media in general (not just left and not just right) is moving to cut them out, period.

You are incorrect the premise of my post is accurate. Left wing sites are dramatically less open to public comment. Once again, the great "middle ground" people sweep in to protect lefties - for God knows what reason other than they are probably left wing themselves on the inside.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
I often can’t believe Yahoo! still allows comments... they predominantly publish left wing garbage from HuffPo/WashPo/NYT/etc and the comments are the only thing ever worth reading and almost entirely center/right...

That being said maybe their comments sections are the only thing keeping them afloat...

That is probably so true...Not even sure how yahoo exists at all to be honest.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

because many of these comments hurting the 'rules'. if you want to spread your right-wing-propganda-bs make your own plattform.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

because many of these comments hurting the 'rules'. if you want to spread your right-wing-propganda-bs make your own plattform.

Not really sure what that means. Could you flesh that out a little more?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Because the VAST MAJORITY of people nowadays are far superior at actual research than 99% of all ‘journalists’. So it’s very very easy to point out the inaccuracies in their propaganda.

Also, the VAST MAJORITY of comments are right leaning because the VAST MAJORITY of humans are right leaning or centre leaning. It’s a very very small minority who are ‘leftist’ because it’s such a sh**ty ideology that it’s very hard to convince people to follow it.

I imagine that Facebook and Twitter and instagram, sites that rely on customer input, will also be comment-free in the future.

‘They’ have to ensure that their racist, fascist, genocidal Kalergi plan goes ahead. Blocking users, banning sites, limiting real-world comments, that’s just the beginning.
edit on 21 10 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Interesting, because I also check Fox News and found NO comment section. Quite funny since Fox was one of the first to get rid of the comments way back when.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Interesting, because I also check Fox News and found NO comment section. Quite funny since Fox was one of the first to get rid of the comments way back when.

www.foxnews.com...

that link above currently has over 7,000 comments. You must not be looking to hard. I think you might want to try scrolling to the bottom of the article.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Wow, just went to Fox to check that. Guess what? Every article I checked has an open comment section. Why do you want to make it seem that they do not?

I have only found 1 right wing (and it is far right I guess) magazine that does not allow comments unless you pay and that is Taki Mag. All others that I have checked allow public comments. Including Foxnews.

Yeah, to suggest that there isn't a preponderance of censorship from the leftist media is sticking one's head in the sand.

Being that we see the move towards censorship of the right across social media also strongly supports the assertion.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
People can do whatever they want with their "social media" accounts...

If you care about this garbage at all than YOU are the problem...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

ibb.co...

Point out at the bottom of the article YOU listed where the comments are? As my screenshot shows, there are none.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Words are violence. Words motivate people to hatred. Words are evil. Except our words, of course.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join