It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn's Moon Iapetus: An Alien Space Station?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Is this moon an alien space station "parked" in orbit around Saturn? This article from R.C.H. seems to contend that it is, and provides a fairly good arguement for it as well. Oddly enough (and probably mentioned before), this moon is identical to the Death Star.
What does George Lucas really know?

RCH was on C2C this morning with noted astronomer David Darling and they talked about the mysteries of Iapetus, including the dodecahedron shape of the moon, the equatorial 12 mile high ridge (which Hoagie thinks is a field manipulation propulsion system), and it's oddball "colors" (half dark, and half light). Certainly more research into this "moon" is needed....

If it is an alien space station parked their long ago by an alien species, what is its intent there? Did they park there because Saturn is a memorable place to park, in case they forgot where they put it?

Is Hoagie out of his mind, or does he have something here? David Darling, although he would never say so, I think he thinks that Hoagie is a quack. Is he a quack, or does he have is poop in a group?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Midas is the Death Star moon, not Iapetus

And anyones whos read 2001: A Space Oddesey (not seen the film, the film is different) can tell you that Iapetus has a monolith perched on white side.

A strange place though, worth sending cassini to look at

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Our own Moon is older than the solar system....and we cannot get a man up there to look, as the Japanese found out after they tried to send a probe around the moon.

Our moon is a weird anomoly, one that still is shrouded in mystery today.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Granted this mooon looks erily like the death star. But as much as we may love the idea of having a alian space ship junk yard in our back yard more then likly its just a lookalike .
and being of a scientific mind im sure this could be easly proven as to its moon (aka larg rock) natcher . If it was a Hollow ship then its orbit would be effected by the Fact that it weighs Less then a body of that size should.
Soo all you neeed to do is find out its orbit compaired to its mass compaired to saterns mass and see if everthing matches for its mass .If so its just a dead rock, if not then it may be time to start thinking alian ship.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I even use Iapetus as an avatar because I find it so interesting. Here's a pic:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
That's a great picture of Iapetus. Like Noory has said, it looks like a giant walnut... Look out everyone... UFW's are coming...

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
im sure this could be easly proven as to its moon (aka larg rock) natcher . If it was a Hollow ship then its orbit would be effected by the Fact that it weighs Less then a body of that size should.
Soo all you neeed to do is find out its orbit compaired to its mass compaired to saterns mass and see if everthing matches for its mass .If so its just a dead rock, if not then it may be time to start thinking alian ship.

Of course that makes sense... Do you think these scientists that are investigating Iapetus would have thought of that already? I would like to think that they would have. I don't know if there is an anomaly with it's orbit (other than its odd inclination), but maybe it is of appropriate mass for its very wide orbit that it takes. And, speaking of our moon, shouldn't it weigh alot more than it does regarding its size and density also?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg
If it is an alien space station parked their long ago by an alien species, what is its intent there?

It could be that we are the alien species. An ancient Iroquois legend talks about The Hollow World In The Sky.

The ancestors might have parked it there for us to find when we grow up.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
It could be that we are the alien species. An ancient Iroquois legend talks about The Hollow World In The Sky.

The ancestors might have parked it there for us to find when we grow up.

Yes, good one. Iapetus is billions of years old though. Are you suggesting that the far off in the future humans from earth went back in time billions of years and set up shop? Or that Iapetus was/is some kind of colony ship that past humans (from who knows where) used to come to the Sol system and inhabit Sol 3? ... or what?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not humans from the future going back in time- I believe that to be less likely than humans (or their engineers) from the past- and elsewhere- on physics and mythological grounds. Native American legend calls this the Fifth Sun. Backwards time travel, while allowed by relativity, requires amounts of energy possibly unobtainable in the real world.

If Iapetus is a world ship that colonized the Solar system, it could be quite old. Possibly automated, and/or abandoned. If there are no 'breakthrough propulsion technologies' beyond what we know now- and I have an awful suspicion that is indeed the case- then such a ship could have been on a journey of a thousand generations or more. It could be quite decrepit now, or could be acting as a Sentinel- several of those craters would make a fantastic radio telescope. It could be extracting energy from the Saturnian magnetic field. That field is anomalous, having a polar alignment- another evidence of engineering? The Saturnian system also offers the advantages of less radiation than Jupiter, less solar wind erosion, abundant water, and a cosmic 'look here, son!' neon sign- the equatorial rings, which could have been formed by a directed asteroid strike through the saturnian atmosphere.

To actually find a world suitable for life is the task of two million years of human adaptation/evolution, then centuries of technological development. To go there would require the investment of a planet's resources in full, then uncountable generations to get there. Once there, the world would not be perfect; it might need 'mooning' (without the moon, no life), orbital adjustment (impacts), chemical modification (again, impacts), least-effort biotic engineering (von neumann machines such as bacteria, algae, invertibrates, insects, reptiles, mammals), testing using higher hominids, finally progressive disembarcation of population engineered for the environment (could be far different from the appearance of the 'engineers'), multigenerational cultural engineering, disclosure, refit and restocking before moving on to another world after potentially billions of years of effort. For such a real-world colonizing strategy, a large moon such as Iapetus presents the great advantage of shielding by mass from radiation and impact.

The equatorial bulge could be M2P2 for shielding and/or vector thrust. And/or a mass launcher. The dialectic of the colors reminds me of a radiometer- black aligned Sunward, going Sunward; white aligned Sunward going away from the Sun. Or vice-versa. Free delta-vee. Ingenious.

It may be just a rock. But what a glorious rock!

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Not humans from the future going back in time- I believe that to be less likely than humans (or their engineers) from the past- and elsewhere- on physics and mythological grounds.
I guess I might go with that side as well, although I still think time travel is easily possible. Human technology in one million years from now, would be so unfathomable (sp?), that we should't say that time travel is unlikely...

Native American legend calls this the Fifth Sun.
Cool! So then what about the other suns? Would they have been Venus, etc?

Backwards time travel, while allowed by relativity, requires amounts of energy possibly unobtainable in the real world.
Agh!
Can't you just use a quantum step up transformer of some kind... It will eventually be obtainable I'd think...

If Iapetus is a world ship that colonized the Solar system, it could be quite old. Possibly automated, and/or abandoned. If there are no 'breakthrough propulsion technologies' beyond what we know now- and I have an awful suspicion that is indeed the case- then such a ship could have been on a journey of a thousand generations or more.
Well, I'm not sure, but I've told that they can approximate age by looking at crater impacts that are on top of other crater impacts that are on top of even more crater impacts. With these multiple impacts on top of each other, somehow, they can approximate age. Iapetus has lots of these types of craters I guess, making it very old... As far as propulsion systems go, I don't think we have even started on coming up with (and imagining) advanced propulsion systems yet, but you may be right when it comes to lightspeed (or subatomic) planetary sized propulsion systems.

It could be quite decrepit now, or could be acting as a Sentinel- several of those craters would make a fantastic radio telescope. It could be extracting energy from the Saturnian magnetic field. That field is anomalous, having a polar alignment- another evidence of engineering? The Saturnian system also offers the advantages of less radiation than Jupiter, less solar wind erosion, abundant water, and a cosmic 'look here, son!' neon sign- the equatorial rings, which could have been formed by a directed asteroid strike through the saturnian atmosphere.
To actually find a world suitable for life is the task of two million years of human adaptation/evolution, then centuries of technological development. To go there would require the investment of a planet's resources in full, then uncountable generations to get there. Once there, the world would not be perfect; it might need 'mooning' (without the moon, no life), orbital adjustment (impacts), chemical modification (again, impacts), least-effort biotic engineering (von neumann machines such as bacteria, algae, invertibrates, insects, reptiles, mammals), testing using higher hominids, finally progressive disembarcation of population engineered for the environment (could be far different from the appearance of the 'engineers'), multigenerational cultural engineering, disclosure, refit and restocking before moving on to another world after potentially billions of years of effort. For such a real-world colonizing strategy, a large moon such as Iapetus presents the great advantage of shielding by mass from radiation and impact.

The equatorial bulge could be M2P2 for shielding and/or vector thrust. And/or a mass launcher. The dialectic of the colors reminds me of a radiometer- black aligned Sunward, going Sunward; white aligned Sunward going away from the Sun. Or vice-versa. Free delta-vee. Ingenious.

It may be just a rock. But what a glorious rock!
Yes! I like your thinking here... the possibilities are endless, but great analysis/theory there...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
~~

here is a most important 'stepping stone' (imho)

With a density of 1.1, Iapetus must be composed almost entirely of water ice.

Source: www.nineplanets.org...

rumble thru your mind, what would be the characteristics of a world that was like our Antarctica...sans wind/atmosphere and a nearby sun instead of reflections from Saturn.

would a 13 km tall , almost equitorial ridge be possible? maybe because of upthrust, in the frozen slush topography?

One explaination of this is that the leading hemisphere (dark side) is dusted with a coating of material knocked off of Phoebe or some other Saturnian body.

Source #2: www.nineplanets.org...

a look-see at this moon (Phoebe) in pic, shows that it is a very dark material that has been been impacted for eons ...where? has all that dark material gone? perhaps on Iapetus?
~~~~

[but] in the event that Iapetus is a engineered structure (geodesic sphere)
that was present before the Exploded Planet Hypothesis occurred
which then coated the orbiting hotel with icewater...
the place must have been popular as it offered the Quintessential Room With a View !!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
if it realy has the density of water then there could be something to the ship theory .As even a comet isent entirely water .if this was a moon then its density should be MUCH higher .Ps if it is a hollow spher like the death star persay with leavels and rooms made out of metal then its mean density would show up as being much lower because of all the empty space inside it.
Comming out to the density of water possibly .But even if it is an ice ball that in of its self is very strange and warents invastagation.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think that Iapetus must have been spinning realy fast in the past and had some huge impacts that evaporated/liquified a lot of ice wich could have condensed again on its equator due to centrifugal force, After that possibly by tide effects of Saturn or a huge counter-clockwise impact (check for example the impact angle of the huge crater on the photo) could have slowed down a bit the rotation of Iapetus.

Alternatively, Iapetus could have been closer to saturn in the past and might have experienced severe tidal effects shaping its surface, such as IO and perhaps even cryogenic vulcanism. In this theory something must have caused Iapetus to wander to a more distant orbit, i've heard water is diamagnetic, you can suspend frogs in strong magnetic fields, perhaps ? or how about one side of the planet being covered with dust while the other side is shiny, creating a difference in albido, wich might cause assymmetrical adsorbance of solar wind/heat./light and perhaps impose a tiny thrust in the cause of millions of years???

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IronDogg

I love this topic. Ive read the entire hogland article. Its the most anomalous moon in our solar system.
As for the guy who said its orbit would be affected by it weight... the mass of the moon is consistent with water, and its orbit doesn't line up at all with the gravitational plate of Saturn despite the fact that the moon appears to be as old or older than the rest of the moons of Saturn

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There's no proof for aliens you idiot, so just give up.

Learn some REAL science and stop being a fake intellectual.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uncle Joe
Midas is the Death Star moon, not Iapetus

And anyones whos read 2001: A Space Oddesey (not seen the film, the film is different) can tell you that Iapetus has a monolith perched on white side.

A strange place though, worth sending cassini to look at

Sorry for the extremely late reply to that comment on this old thread, it is not 2017 so this is actually 12 years after your comment.

Now Iapetus IS the death star like moon, Mimas (Midas was a Eurasian king whom some archaeologists not believe was a real king of a very wealth and at the time culturally more advanced society than the Greek's whose legend made him famous with the tale that all he touched turned to gold) has a large crater but is actually far less death star like.

But hey it is a good case of direct there attention away from that hard to explain equatorial ridge, hard to explain except they tried with the least likely of all scenario's in which two moon's merges but to make it so perfect they would have had to merge while NOT rotating and slowly enough while they were still hot so in fact as an explanation it is even less likely than it being a construction as unlikely as that may seem.
www.dailymail.co.uk... -oddest-claim-yet.html
Also many of the craters on it's pock markes surface are not actually truly circular having strange streight lines with some of them even being roughly hexagonal in shape.
www.thelivingmoon.com...
www.enterprisemission.com...
I always likes the querky comparison to the wierd Klerksdorp spheroid's.
www.forbiddenhistory.info...
Likewise the natural artifact explanation for these is also a load of bunk, they are superficially similar to some nodules but no nodules are similar to these? or at least they similarity is like comparing a yogurt to a pot of paint.

Now could this be the inspiration for Star Wars?.
www.jordanmaxwell.com...

Now to cut to the chase I do believe Morning Sky is likely a fraud (unless a real hopi back's him up and verify's his story) but really I don't know either way but his story is a cool sci fi and just what if? and it is close enough to Star Wars that just maybe it was an inspiration for that story.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DuceizBack
There's no proof for aliens you idiot, so just give up.

Learn some REAL science and stop being a fake intellectual.

Oh red rag to a bull, there is no proof you exist except to yourself, is the universe real, many believe it is a simulation or perhaps even a dream.

Are you real, are you really reading this and am I real, hey am I even human or would I perhaps be a mantoid with a grudge against the gray workers union for giving me substandard workmanship and stranding me here when that part they fitted to my quantum oscillating displacement drive failed while I was in low earth orbit in 1970 and cause me to have to land, then some tricky little fellow in a green suit brought a load of his mate's whom stole my ride, BLaaghha, worse they took it apart then used it for target practic leaving a neat hole in the hull and I only had it polished a couple of thousand years ago too so there goes my no claim's bonus as well.

Now joke's aside are YOU human?.
Am I?.

What if one day an alien sociologist set out to set up a thread on ATS just to see our reaction and the ignoramus denied he could even exist despite the fact there is life on earth and so it is as plain as the proboscis on there anterior cranial formation that if there is here there may well be there and so also making them sound really daft by clinging to the argument about proof of life ELSEWHERE when it is right here, of course there is life out there and probably on other dimensional plane's, really wierd alien's would probably be less alien to you than some of the other dimensional life that may exist on other dimension's of your own planet human (Assuming that you are).

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Odds are good he's not ever going to read that...

Alien space station or no, Iapetus is going to be a fascinating study.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MadGrimbo

Maybe the moon is how mankind got here. We were more advanced then. It's parked in orbit, waiting for us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join