It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

topantispyware.com malware, cc-search, Fast Search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've got three main problems I can't seem to get rid of.

I've run Ad-Aware 6.0 and Spybot Search and Destroy, all updated versions, still can't get rid of them..

1. my desktop is replaced by a warning and ad for topantispyware.com. It also has an annoying pop-up icon telling me I have no antispyware software, on my taskbar.

2. home page always resets to cc-search.

3. some kind of Fast Search toolbar always appears under the address bar when opening a new window, with links to adult searches, etc.

Any other ideas???

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow, you seemed to hit some bad ones here. After some searching on the spybot search and destroy forum I found this for that first problem of yours: forums.net-integration.net... l=topantispyware\.com
Just scroll down a ways.

I hope this helps. Also, do you use IE? If so move to a browser with security that dosent look like swiss cheese. Like firefox, or as Pisky would recommend, Netscape.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Run HijackThis and POST your logfile, dont do anything to it unless you know what your doing.

Sarcasimo...Netscape = Nutscrape.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Run HijackThis and POST your logfile, dont do anything to it unless you know what your doing.

I know...I know...but its always good to give more then one alternative even if its not the best alternative.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

I used Firefox for a while but one day it stopped working. I'd click on the icon and get bugger all. Rather than going back to IE, I downloaded Netscape and that works ok.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
For the homepage issue, you may want to try cwshredder. It is quick easy and free. It helps get rid of the about blank and the cool web search exploit that consistantly takes over your homepage.

Go Here to download and read the instructions used with Hijack this, it should help you with most of your problems.

Also Pest Patrol is one of the best. However it is not free.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I actually got rid of the homepage issue (updated both Ad-Aware and Spybot, then ran)....and found a workaround for the desktop. (go to Control Panel, Display, Web, then delete any choices in the dialogue box, it'll come back if restarting though).

Still have the annoying popup on the task bar though....thanks for the suggestions....I'll try the Hijack option...

I CAN'T get rid of IE, as I use FrontPage to maintain my websites (I'm lazy and never learned HTML).... Last time I switched to a different default or choice browser, I had a hell of a time making changes to the sites....

new topics

top topics

join