It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Courtney Hatwin's Getting the Band Back Together

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Only when they criticized the music I loved. I love 60s rock and roll. Can't wait to see this little girl do Janice Joplin!

edit on 19-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

That's not necessarily true at all. I'm no family of this kid but she does clearly love the music she's performing, you would have to in order not to even care how awful you sound. I loved music from "before my time" my entire life. Some of us are just from a different age. I think this girl loves her music and feels it, but she took singing lessons from Hellen Keller.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Don't know what you are trying to prove with that statement about meryll streep, but I happen to agree with you on that

That's a Donald Trump "sour grapes" statement. It reminded me of your genre statement, that genre is "all she's got".

Yeah? But she's got it down perfect! LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm with you sookie. This girl is remarkable. I saw Joplin live several times. I saw Jagger and the boys live. I saw Tima live. And Joe Cocker. The energy they all presented was awesome. She has it in spades.

Sure she is often out of tune. Sure she is gawky. But look at that audience on her first preformance. On their feet and out of their minds cuz they could feel it to.

We had two grand daughters visiting us during that first show and they were knocked out as well. How many other kids her age perform while singing like she does. None that I have seen. So ''raw'' sure but as of tonight possibly a million dollars richer. Go Courtney.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Enigma Publius

We observe two different things

I think the voice is passable...

but no way she decided to strut and shimmy like that without someone telling her it's essential to the part.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

but she took singing lessons from Hellen Keller.

She has a mighty pair of lungs and displays real good voice and breath control. Her "screams" which are intrinsic to the genre, are primal, but her voice is young, like an adolescent boy's voice cracks until it's firmly developed. She'll have to grow into her screams.

edit on 19-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Try these young girls.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

She is a talented young lady and I hope her the best!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm with you sookie. This girl is remarkable. I saw Joplin live several times. I saw Jagger and the boys live. I saw Tima live. And Joe Cocker. The energy they all presented was awesome. She has it in spades.

I agree! Also, I'm so jealous or you! I saw Jethro Tull live! That was amazing!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I dunno. I used to move around like that to music. Not like that, but like that if you know what I mean. Spastic. 13 is 20 these days. She could of been jiving to this stuff for awhile. Pink Floyd was my favorite band at 9 years old, before I could truly grasp almost any of it, yet it spoke to my innermost self.
As for the poster above saying look at the crowd on their feet...lmao. yeah it's tv friend. It's what they do. If this girl performed at a local bar she may have a few fans but most of the people in the bar would just be annoyed. She really is awful.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I disagree. She has lungs yep. But she has no notion of where she's supposed to be in pitch, and without a basic sense of that she will not get any better. Why can't we admit she feels her music,but cannot sing, like I do? I know I can't sing... But damn I can feel that Sh1t. Ya know?
I'm gonna just go ahead and say it. She is gonna be a beautiful attractive woman, and people see this, and they see her jiving and jumping and they smell $$$$$$$$$$$
Open and shut case. They are gonna exploit the crap out of it, I wonder who her first sex tape will be with.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
She is a talented young lady and I hope her the best!

I liked her as well, great voice.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I think her pitch is fine. And where she does get "a little pitchy, dog", because of her 13 year old voice box, she makes it up in spades in her natural sense of rhythm.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

totally agree mate

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I think her pitch is fine. And where she does get "a little pitchy, dog", because of her 13 year old voice box, she makes it up in spades in her natural sense of rhythm.

I think she is nice and her voice is cool, i still like better Grace Vanderwaal, i always hear people saying she can't sing but i like her songs and even if she is not perfect i can feel lots of things and makes me feel alive.

I don't like much of the songs Courtney Hatwin sings and i had never heard them before, but i can feel her. I still believe that singing old covers instead of having own music is not cool, what will happen once she is done with covers? She will have to come up with something better than those songs and i don't think she will have better songs to make people follow

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

That is a stupid statement, talent is purely subjective, what one man sees as talent another sees as a child with epileptic seizures convulsing about the stage with aa, at best, so-so voice. But seriously talent is strictly subjective.

Pretty sure that’s what folks might have thought of a young Mick Jagger. I do agree some of her song choices are questionable and I think she keeps tying to sing too low. I’d wager she could make a living today in a Janis Joplin cover band.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enigma Publius

I wonder who her first sex tape will be with.

About a 13 year old girl.

gtfo.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: Enigma Publius

I wonder who her first sex tape will be with.

About a 13 year old girl.

gtfo.

I was going to say something when i saw this, but i think i better not, i don't know how to feel about that comment but definitely like you say "gtfo" is a good way to explain the feeling after reading those words

Someone told me long ago that assumptions are the mother of all F*kps and looks like this is one of those cases, assuming that's how she will grow up to be. How lame and sad to think like that

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

I still believe that singing old covers instead of having own music is not cool, what will happen once she is done with covers? She will have to come up with something better than those songs and i don't think she will have better songs to make people follow

She's got the whole world at her feet. With any luck, her parents will secure her a scholarship at Julliard, and she'll even out her musical and showmanship skills and prepare for a balanced career and successful life.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: BoneSay

I still believe that singing old covers instead of having own music is not cool, what will happen once she is done with covers? She will have to come up with something better than those songs and i don't think she will have better songs to make people follow

She's got the whole world at her feet. With any luck, her parents will secure her a scholarship at Julliard, and she'll even out her musical and showmanship skills and prepare for a balanced career and successful life.

Uhhh, no
Just no
And if she ever tries a Joplin song , it will be an epic fail

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join