It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Courtney Hatwin's Getting the Band Back Together

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: BoneSay

I still believe that singing old covers instead of having own music is not cool, what will happen once she is done with covers? She will have to come up with something better than those songs and i don't think she will have better songs to make people follow

She's got the whole world at her feet. With any luck, her parents will secure her a scholarship at Julliard, and she'll even out her musical and showmanship skills and prepare for a balanced career and successful life.

Uhhh, no
Just no
And if she ever tries a Joplin song , it will be an epic fail

In a world full of bieber, britney and miley, I'd welcome her singing anything. She will find her own style and with her attitude and presence, will not be a wall flower.

Taylor Swift, anyone?

OP, while I hate all those x-factor type shows, as they remind me of that episode of Black Mirror, Fifteen Million Credits, where people living in a world of complete cyber identity can escape the mundane drudgery of life and find fame by competing on a stage before self appointed magisters of society and a contemptuous audience, I thought she shined.

Never seen her before, but her timid nature once allowed to perform, screamed talent to me, and despite the negative views here, where it appears tearing down someone breaking the mold in a world full of meaningless banal entertainment forced out at the hands of people only interested in their fleeting monetary value, I thought she was wonderful.

Good on her, more I say.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I still believe that singing old covers instead of having own music is not cool, what will happen once she is done with covers? She will have to come up with something better than those songs and i don't think she will have better songs to make people follow

She's got the whole world at her feet. With any luck, her parents will secure her a scholarship at Julliard, and she'll even out her musical and showmanship skills and prepare for a balanced career and successful life.

I'm just saying, Grace Vanderwaal writes songs and she did before fame, she's out there and natural feelings all over when she sings. You say she got the whole world at her feet but where? Is she doing concerts? She does covers, covers from other people songs that they made famous, once covers run out, or people get bored of covers, then what? going to a school to learn how to make music is not for anyone and how do you know she will "prepare"? But other artists like Grace are already there with their own music and are in no need for a school to tell them how to be an artist.

I don't think schools are how you learn to be an artist. Schools teach you how to play, i went to music school for 5 years, never learned to be an artist, but learned to play guitar and a bit of piano, but i was no artist. I don't remember lots of things i learned back then. I was no artist and some friends there were not artist too, we learned to play well, but no matter what i never was able to write a song, at least not one that sounded nice. I did write a few thigns but none that were correct for a good song, no matter how much effort i lacked that talent, i did not feel it at all or cared to express in writing

I don't know but i think artists are not told how to be, they just are. She is a singer that plays covers, an interpreter, lots of people do that, but can she write a song and make it famous and get people to feel things? Because she sings nice and people feels things, but people feel the things that the one who wrote the song wanted people to feel. Other artists write their songs and people feel what that one artist wants them to feel, if she can't write she will hire someone to write for her, then the guy is the artist and she is the interpreter only

I don't know if i make sense, but hope i do, i don't mean offense i talk from my experience so far, with music

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I'm just saying, Grace Vanderwaal writes songs and she did before fame, she's out there and natural feelings all over when she sings.

I like Carol King. She wrote some great music and puts on a decent show. But, she doesn't have the charisma of the people that made her rich and her music famous.

Grace Vanderwaal is talented, no doubt. But, she's a "pop star". This girl has the making of a rock star, like Pink or Stevie Nicks. She commands a stage.

Training at a place like Julliard, for example, will expose her to all kinds of different artistic expression and artists. It would challenge her comfort zone and connect her to all kinds of people. She's only 13. Hopefully her parents will point in a beneficial direction. And, God save her from the Disney scouts!

edit on 20-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That girls isnt going to Juilliard.

She is ok but I'm not hearing this magic you are

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Are you not entertained?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Are you not entertained?

Not really.
Opposite actually

Best part is she has good taste in music

Big deal. She covered an original and tried to sing and move like the artist.

Just not impressed

Does she sound better than most 13 year olds?
Probably

Is she the next best thing with a bright future at her finger tips?
I think not

I'm 10 years she will be travelling the local circuit doing covers.
That's what I see

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Robin Williams went to Julliard. Do you see any similarities between a young Robin William and this young girl? I do.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Robin Williams went to Julliard. DO you any similarities between a young Robin William and this young girl? I do.

What's your problem?
You started a thread singing this girls praises and every time someone posts an opinion that is different from yours you run in to defend your position.
People have different tastes
You think she is the #.
Many in here don't. Maybe you should accept it.

What does robin Williams have to do with anything?

Quit taking it so personal. Not everyone thinks she is as awesome as you do.

No I dont see anything similar.
Going to rush to defend your position on that too?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

What does robin Williams have to do with anything?

Robin Williams performances were manic, and a lot of people were repulsed by him. This young woman's stage presence is manic, and a lot of people in this thread are repulsed by her. I believe those folks are removed from the genre that she's emulating. Look at the way rock stars performed in the 60s and 70s.

My parents and grandparents were repulsed by those artists whose work she's elulating, too. That doesn't mean that those artists weren't talented or that they didn't leave a lasting impression on American music.

People with this girl's talent and opportunities have 2 ways to go. I'm hoping that her parents direct her toward something more like Julliard than Disney. Either way, she's going to get snapped up.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Ok. We will see
Would be nice to see something original.

Acting like the greats dont cut it anymore.

And based on a few performances you have this amazing opinion. How is that.

You see like 4 covers and she is the next best thing??

What's her range?
Can she wrote her own stuff?
Can she cross genres?

These are things you don't know.

Just singing covers don't necessarily do it but I get it. You're infatuated and the only opinion you will accept is she is amazing.

She will prob cut 1 album and it will sell like # and she will drop off the radar like what usually happens.
That is far more likely than her going to Juilliard and having the world at her fingers.

Plus she is 13. In 3 years her voice could totally change. That's the problem with young singers. Just cause they have a good voice now don't mean she will keep it.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Plus she is 13. In 3 years her voice could totally change. That's the problem with young singers. Just cause they have a good voice now don't mean she will keep it.

Oh please. Is that what they say about young athletes? In 3 years they may not be able to run, catch, pitch, sink hoops? Nope. They snap promising young athletes up and train them.

What I see is a very talented, charismatic young woman channeling, not imitating. She's got raw talent that needs polishing. I hope she doesn't get thrown into the pit like Justine Bieber or Taylor Swift. I hope she has the opportunity to explore her range and her ability to channel.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Voices change.

I hope she winds up singing in a bar for drinks just to piss you off

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So that's what your posts in this thread have been all about, pissing me off?

I thought as much, not just about your posts, but some other posters here to. It's all about being contrary to your perceived political foes, even in non political threads , far away from the Mud Pit, you're addicted and need to keep slinging mud. It's ATS, after all. You people don't like my kind here.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

This girl is amazing, on another level than the average contestant on one of these talent shows.

Most won't get it, but most people think garth brooks is a legit musical talent.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Not all my posts.
That post.

I and others gave our opinion and if it is different than yours you rush to defend.
Music is subjective man.
We don't have to feel how you do

You think she is destined for Juilliard. I don't.

I also told you kids voices change. They do. You dismissed that too.
Face it. You're not willing to accept anything less than she is amazing and will be amazing in the future.
Admit that

I just don't like your attitude about it so i said what I said. Get over it

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Best finals show ever.

Worst results ever.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Not all my posts.

All you posts to me...

You think she is destined for Juilliard. I don't.

I didn't say that. I said, hopefully, her parents will secure her a scholarship to Julliard. I said, hopefully, her parents will steer her away from Justine Beiber's or Taylor Swift's road. Hopefully, her parents will steer clear of Disney, at least for now.

I also told you kids voices change. They do. You dismissed that too.

You can hear her violce maturing and developling from the earlier videos of her singing to now. The only thing that's changing is her control of her primal screams and her occasional pitchiness, which, with training, can only get better, not worse.

I just don't like your attitude about it so i said what I said.

Ditto! But, I don't post just to piss you off.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So that's what your posts in this thread have been all about, pissing me off?

I thought as much, not just about your posts, but some other posters here to. It's all about being contrary to your perceived political foes, even in non political threads , far away from the Mud Pit, you're addicted and need to keep slinging mud. It's ATS, after all. You people don't like my kind here.

and saying that political mudpit crap is weak sauce my friend.

its bull#. 100%

i was on my phone posting and i cant see avatars. i know very few members here by name. the rest i usually just pay attention to the avatar.

aside from that i dont carry that # over. me and several members here that lean to the side opposite me get into it a bit in the mudpit but then in the automotive forum or general talk it does not bleed over.

i told you why i said that.

look at your posts in this thread.
you have this little attitude about this girl.

a lot of people dont agree and you basically dismiss their opinion cause what you see cant be denied and blah blah blah.

not everyone feels the way you do so get over it.

and it is not a lie to say more than likely she will not amount to anything. thats just a fact.
only a few actually make it. people from these shows or not from these shows.

most will not make it.
just the way it is

its lame to dismiss my opinion cause you think its cause we dont agree in political threads.

im on my comp now and i can see your avatar and i still dont recall us ever agreeing or not agreeing.

maybe, just maybe i gave my opinion and that is what it actually is

i just dont see what you see

girl sounds good. cool

i dont think she is the #. i dont see her channeling whatever and stretching her 13 year old voice to the limit.
i see a 13 year old that sounds good. thats it

seems like a lot of people see the same thing

but yeah

Julliard

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ditto! But, I don't post just to piss you off.

ok well
im a dick

i dont like your attitude about it so i hope she sings karaoke in dive bars so it bunges you up cause you think she is Julliard material.
it is what it is man

the only reason i feel that way is because you are so dismissive of others opinions about something that is totally subjective

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join