It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

I'm afraid I can't commentate on what I know nothing of. But I'll just quote what

my daughter says, that people are out living their time, they cant live forever,

and quality of life is more important than quantity. Disclaimer here she is no hard

nosed person.... she looked after her old neighbour for ten years till she went into

hospital at the age of 93 and they were talking about operating (she had no relatives

to speak of)She has now been looking after that womans last surviving sibling (88 yrs)

who has dementia for three years, she can see the deterioration, but is trying to give

her the best quality for the time she has left.

Naturally I am not applying any of the above to you......just that the problems are

far more complicated and each one having/needing a different solution.

The UK is the first world country found guilty by the UN for denying disabled people the right to existence. There is no one to fight for disability rights or help disabled people in the critical period of rewriting UK Human Rights law - around 10,000 have died so far as a direct result of DWP/Government breaaches of international law - the UK government laughed off the ruling and mocked it claiming no one is living in poverty and have refused to abide by international, european or UK law on disability rights.
The government lied about funds for disabled people and it's only been appeals at European Courts where this was turned round.

^^^That^^^^ is your experience and I sympathise with you however my mother,

S in L, and grandson have disabilities and have never come across being denied

the right to existence or any treatment they needed. I can only speak form my

own experience.

And for that and what I have come across my experience the NHS is second to none.

Radioactive matertials and most medicines are not allowed to be transported via air - when they tried it in the pre brexit trials it was a complete disaster as flights couldn't land due to storms and airports/customs were not equiped to allow it into the UK.

So the government needs to equip them. Every business and government has

problems, and all problems have solutions ( I like to say *Problems are only

solutions in disguise*

Lets hope with Brexit we get a new brush sweeping clean? ......I'm hopeful

They can' test all meds coming into the UK for dosage accuracy, mine perish in warmth, light, moisture within an hour and a 2% error would be fatal for most of them (have to take over 350 tablets a months to stay alive, control seizures - have had months of experience and following this area very closely. A friend's mum had her cancer op cancelled due to the # ups by government by failing to realise UK airport customs are not trained to clear nuclear medicine into the UK.
It was the government minister for trade who commented on twitter he was unaware that many goods came in dover-calais route and how vital it is for the UK.

Well they the government and their ministers will have to get on the ball and

find a solution? or they will carry the can, now there is no one they can blame

Japan is far better for my condition - best mate is head radiologist/MRI guy over there, they have far more powerful scanners.

And they are NOT in the EU!!

Something for us to learn there ?

I'm from the North of the UK - I remember the pre-EU days, complete decimation of all manufacturing, mass poverty, mass unemployment, it being incredbily rare for anyone to have one left alone two parents in employment and even middle class families having to scrape by on banana/crab paste butties for every meal as money was so tight due to the government destroying the North and pumping all its money down South.

#ME TOO and I Reped around that area......and I dont remember it like that,

and many in laws have stated in the not so long distant past that "they have

never been so well off"........shrug!

edit on 2-2-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

UK ambassador confirms US have demanded major price hike in NHS drugs/medications and 'cholrine washed' chicken is tip of the iceberg in Pompeo's mental US-UK trade ddeal demands,

This is just a regurgitation of a debunked fake news story. People who believe this type of thing are being played. Come on guys – question your source and step out of the echo chamber for a minute!

The US Secretary of state has confirmed that chlorinated chicken would be a part of any trade deal.

ETA _ the drug price increases is based on information from the US department of commerce.

Not sure how these qualify as debunked or fake?

edit on 2-2-2020 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The US's insistence that chlorinated chicken must be on the table for discussion does not in any way mean that we have to cave in on it.

The UK's stance on chlorinated chicken is not a health issue but both an ethical and economic concern.

We must be strong and resilient when negotiating future trade deals with the US, EU and anyone else.
We must not roll over for anyone.

edit on 2/2/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The US's insistence that chlorinated chicken must be on the table for discussion does not in any way mean that we have to cave in on it.

The UK's stance on chlorinated chicken is not a health issue but both an ethical and economic concern.

We must be strong and resilient when negotiating future trade deals with the US, EU and anyone else.

Problem is it's not a balanced negotiation. The UK needs a trade deal with the US far more than they need one with us. ( or possibly the current government needs the politics of a trade deal far more)'

It's the pro brexit posters who keep offering up the US deal as a panacea for leaving the single market. Reality is even a good deal with the US won't be as beneficial and any deal we get will be far more on the US terms than ours.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Its SOME "pro Brexit posters who keep offering up the US deal as a panacea for leaving the single market."
Just as its some Remoaners who constantly predict nothing but doom and gloom.

The fact is the future is unwritten.

edit on 2/2/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Fully agree with your relatives views - I'm an incredibly rare and lucky case (brain didn't form properly in the womb - it's one in a million I wan't still born and development mental ability to learn/speak my own name (Have two degrees (1st with Merit in Applies Maths and 1st with Distinction in Investigative Journalism) - had no signs or symptoms of the mental retardatiion- it just kicked in hard when I hit 25 (unique gene mutation that's only found in North East UK).

My approach and Drs recommendation is to be thankful I'm alive and make the most of what time I have - the costs of treatment is in the £100,000s upwards figure so certainly not demanding or complaining I'm not recieving that (it;s the NHS money has to be shared and spent wisely). I take part in clinical trials and volunteering/self teaching neuro rehab via music, myself to get free/sometimes get paid to help trial studies at Unis (neuro who got the probably in error letter of not having right to remain in the UK is head professor at Lans Uni for Neuro-ventricvular studies).

I find it annoying health and safety NHS laws mean I have to have an MRI every time I seizure to check for brain hemorrhage, they cost £6000 a scan and I'm not showing many symptoms/vomiting blood at the time, but unless they do that the other option is the more costly to the NHS six month stay in hospital; but drs can't accpet my/families word for it I'm fine and euthanasia isn't legal in the UK when I do go become a vegetable.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: paraphi

UK ambassador confirms US have demanded major price hike in NHS drugs/medications and 'cholrine washed' chicken is tip of the iceberg in Pompeo's mental US-UK trade ddeal demands,

This is just a regurgitation of a debunked fake news story. People who believe this type of thing are being played. Come on guys – question your source and step out of the echo chamber for a minute!

The US Secretary of state has confirmed that chlorinated chicken would be a part of any trade deal.

ETA _ the drug price increases is based on information from the US department of commerce.

Not sure how these qualify as debunked or fake?

There was a very similar version that was debunked going around a few months back which is what Paraphi is reffering too but these are new documents and official announcements, from Pompeo and new announcements from US DoC (US's own illegal industrial espionage spying department - every country does it, Uk's is The British Council - big companies get access to National Intel reports and plans for next five years after writng to Home Sec or Sec of State and recieve intel reports, have CIA and MI6 spy for them).

The Mirror article is a poor explanation with bias, was in a rush/not had time to post original/credible bij sources.
edit on 2-2-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think all fellow Brexiteers will agree with me when I say that it will be an honour to chomp on Mister Trumps generous white meat. Chlorine is perfectly harmless and a delicacy in many countries. Believe me, if it wasn't safe it wouldn't be in our swimming pools. Besides if its good enough for the late great Duncan Goodhugh, then it's good enough for me.
edit on 2-2-2020 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64

I think all fellow Brexiteers will agree with me when I say that it will be an honour to chomp on Mister Trumps generous white meat. Chlorine is perfectly harmless and a delicacy in many countries. Believe me, if it wasn't safe it wouldn't be in our swimming pools. Besides if its good enough for the late great Duncan Goodhugh, then it's good enough for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
7505 of your previous posts would disagree love, but we'll humour you in this instance

originally posted by: eletheia

I'm afraid I can't commentate on what I know nothing of.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If you die without a will in the United Kingdom, part of your estate goes to the royal family?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

You do understand what is meant by 'ethical and economic' objections, don't you?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No they don't.

All monies left by anyone who has not left a will and has no living relatives goes to The Crown Estate.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Crown Estate is a collection of lands and holdings in the territories of England, Wales and Northern Ireland within the United Kingdom belonging to the British monarch as a corporation sole, making it the "Sovereign's public estate", which is neither government property nor part of the monarch's private estate.

The revenues from these hereditary possessions have been placed by the monarch at the disposition of Her Majesty's Government in exchange for relief from the responsibility to fund the Civil Government.[7] These revenues thus proceed directly to Her Majesty's Treasury, for the benefit of the British nation.[2][8][9] The Crown Estate is formally accountable to the Parliament of the United Kingdom,[10] where it is legally mandated to make an annual report to the sovereign, a copy of which is forwarded to the House of Commons.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Um. Some ancient law on the land owned by the Duchy of Cornwall notwithstanding, the below link may help you (and others) understand the inheritance tree, bearing in mind that there are different laws within the different parts of the UK.

Intestacy - UK Gov

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Done , she already did Eletheia

signed and dated 29th Jan 2020

Thanks Lizzie , have a fetus on me hen

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Its funny that , the faroe islands do the exact same thing and still trade with the EU thanks to their neat wee relationship with Denmark

it really is a puzzling case , of not being in the single market but still getting to use it , and they also trade with Russia

I think the faroe islands has larger fishing territories than we do

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

The UK accepting chlorinated chicken is a trade-deal issue. It's a agricultural standard - specifically welfare in poultry farming.

The EU has a habit of being selective with animal welfare issues which sadly demonstrated EU hypocrisy and protectionism. We (in the UK) have had to import foodstuffs from other parts of the EU which fall well below our standards, such as intensively farmed pork from Germany, Romania and Denmark, foie gras, cruel poultry farming, veal et al.

Here's Pompeo on the subject.

We need to make sure we don’t use food safety as a ruse to try and protect a particular industry. And then we need to have the hard conversations about the places we have opportunities to give and take, and then deliver on outcomes that benefit the agricultural sector, and most importantly, consumers who are going to be the net beneficiaries of these really good deals.

Source - one of several easily found, but where Pompeo also covers debunks the NHS talk

? Unable to find anything except to say that Mike Pompeo (from the source above) said...

QUESTION: And the National Health Service, that was a big issue in our general election campaign where the opposition said, well, Donald Trump wants to buy the NHS.
SECRETARY POMPEO: (Laughter.) Just so you know, we found that odd in the United States, such a suggestion.
QUESTION: So you can categorically say that you’re not interested in the NHS?
SECRETARY POMPEO: I can categorically say we’re not interested in it.

So fake news and people being very disingenuous and selective.
edit on 3/2/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There are ethical issues surrounding the rearing of chickens in the USA that necessitates chlorine cleansing.

The UK will continue to insist upon the standards currently used even though we will be free from EU dictates.

There is an obvious cost incurred by enforcing these increased hygiene standards and UK chicken farmers feel they will not be able to compete with US raised and imported chickens.

How on earth chickens imported from thousands of miles away can possible be cheaper than those literally raised just down the road is quite frankly beyond my limited comprehension...…

As for the NHS; it should be protected by law.
Of course we want to be able to get the best deal possible for equipment supplied to the NHS based on cost and suitability but its funding should be ring fenced and protected from future governments, foreign bodies and big pharma.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

the same thing happens with a lot of things and it boggles the mind

langoustines caught in Scottish waters are put into tankers then shipped all the way to the far east then packaged and frozen and sent all the way back , its cheaper labour there and costs apparently less than doing it in the UK

also it costs less to import quarried limestone from India , than it does to quarry limestone in scotland

My parents ordered limestone slabs for their house and it was cheaper to bring it from India
than a local quarry in Scotland.

I dont know how the US UK trade deals will work for Scotland since we dont accept GMO products
we have outright banned them

this is a part of our own agricultural directives to remain clean and green on the world agriculture and food markets its a part of the selling point of scottish produce.

Having the US wade in and strike up deals wont be good if its GMO as part of the deal.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I dont know how the US UK trade deals will work for Scotland since we dont accept GMO products
we have outright banned them
this is a part of our own agricultural directives to remain clean and green on the world agriculture and food markets its a part of the selling point of scottish produce.
Having the US wade in and strike up deals wont be good if its GMO as part of the deal.

You have me confused.....

Is Scotland no longer part of the UK
When did that happen.....

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join