It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

kayaluv:
that’s all I’m saying. I’m not saying he’s definitely doing something nefarious. I’m saying it’s possible that he’s doing something nefarious.

It´s possible that you are clutching on straws.
It´s also possible that the moon is made out of cheese.
In another universe or in a movie for example.
edit on 15-9-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This world has lost it. So glad I am not on twitter, and my digital footprint is limited. you make one statement, one gesture that someone, anyone finds offensive and you can find yourself reprimanded or even fired as your bosses placate the brain dead masses rather than defend you.
edit on pm99201818America/Chicago15p04pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Do we know if the Coast Guard questioned him about it?

link   

edit on 15-9-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 15-9-2018 by kaylaluv because: Dupe

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I have no reason to believe they did. do you have a report stating so, and the contents of the interview?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

I have no reason to believe they did. do you have a report stating so, and the contents of the interview?

Why would you have no reason to believe they did? Did they state that they didn’t?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

That’s the point I have been trying to make all along. Context is important.

The claim that no one would ever ever ever mean something nefarious with this ok sign in context of recent developments concerning the sign is disingenuous. The fact that we do not know this guy at all or his background or his ideology means we don’t know in what context he was using the sign. But, making this sign covertly as if he was trying to hide it while still showing it on camera is a little suspicious to me. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not saying he’s definitely doing something nefarious. I’m saying it’s possible that he’s doing something nefarious.

I find it hard to believe that the Coast Guard never even questioned him on it to find out what his side of the story was. I’ll bet they did, and I’ll bet they didn’t like what he answered, thus the removal. We’ll never know for sure, unless more info comes out in the news.

The uscg does not kneejerk much. Rest assured he is under investigation and he will not even know it if found to not be racist. CGI is no joke. They will indeed gather info before moving forward from what i know. They highly value careers and take into account all aspects of events. It is a very logic based group.

If he was signaling then more than likely there will be a history somewhere of involvement in hate weather it is found online or people he knows currently or in the past.

You have a strong back and i admire that.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Why would you have no reason to believe they did? Did they state that they didn’t?

I could ask the same of you? why do you believe they did without a report documenting it?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

so now we are investigating people for the okay symbol.......ok, time for me to get off of this train. good day

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don’t know whether they did or not. It would make sense for any employer to have a conversation with an employee before removing them. If they didn’t, he could certainly try suing them for not getting his side of the story. Maybe we’ll hear more in the future on this, maybe we won’t.

The fact is, there’s a lot we really don’t know about this story.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Yep, the end times are a comin’. Mwahahahahaha!

Yes they are
And thank you for your great assistance in speeding up the process.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is stupid but if racists didn't adopt this symbol as a way to show white power, there wouldn't be such BS over it.

Before they fired him, they should investigate thoroughly. I understand why Trump supporters adopted it and it is not because of racism but because the lying orange POS has a habit of using his hands in his speech and he constantly uses that same symbol, must be habit.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

so now we are investigating people for the okay symbol.......ok, time for me to get off of this train. good day

That would be crazy to investigate for such.

I think your spin removed much context from the situation.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You have a strong back and i admire that.

Just reminded me of a saying from long ago
" I need 6 volunteers who have strong backs and weak minds"
Maybe you should edit that a bit....

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Was the guy in uniform? Because offensive or no, if you're in uniform and on TV or in the background of being on TV, you're going to get reprimanded big time for making ANY hand signal.

Was that the issue, that he acted inappropriately by just engaging with the camera while in uniform? That's not what active duty personell do.

If it was because of the specific ok sign and in some crazy-ass world that is an offensive gesture, then his removal is ridiculous and if I wee him, I would go to JAG and get a lawyer.

But I have a feeling it's not so much the OK sign, but that he acted without military bearing.

If you're in uniform, and in public especially, you keep your military bearing at all times. Hand signals and waving aren't part of military bearing.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

na

I meant it cause with the amount of outrage concerning truth here it is not easy to stand up to haters.

When if ever in your life have you seen someone make that gesture in the same manner he did.

Clearly he was sending a message and most agree that he was sending a message.

We just seem to disagree on what the message was and i personally find it outrageous that he would covertly say everything is okie dokie.

I find the excuse that he uses the sign so much in his job that he now scratches his ear while making the sign.

It will all be cleared up by viewing his internet activity and interviewing him.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Addendum to my previous post:

I just watched the video.

Calm down, EVERYONE.

That stunt he pulled is WRONG if you are in uniform.

It's NOT GOOD MILITARY BEARING.

Any vets here or active duty? I'm a veteran and I would have gotten my ass chewed and probably a drop in pay grade for a few months, AT LEAST, had I pulled something like that.

He should get his ass chewed no matter what offensive or non-offensive signal he used.

Ya'll need to calm down and realize the guy acted against the rules of the military. Sheesh. You don't act like that, ever, when you're in uniform or you get punished.
edit on 15-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Well that kind of explains why he was doing it covertly, like he was trying to hide it. He knew it wasn’t allowed.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So , millions of Buddhists worship Satan ?
Or , are KKK members ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join