It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: peacefulpete

You mean the Mexican woman who flashed the OK sign? Zina Bash was born in Mexico and his half Mexican half Jewish. This is exactly the stuff that has people laughing at liberals.

The entire white power thing with the OK sign is a troll by 4chan, they made the whole thing up.

That's not entirely true. The issue actually predates "Operation O-KKK".

Here is a link that discusses the issue a bit:

medium.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 He shouldve done the Black Power sign instead, then they would be building a statue of him and singing his praises for years to come... instead he picked the evil color which everyone hates.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You mean the Mexican woman who flashed the OK sign? Zina Bash was born in Mexico and his half Mexican half Jewish. This is exactly the stuff that has people laughing at liberals.

The entire white power thing with the OK sign is a troll by 4chan, they made the whole thing up.

medium.com...

Love the "Black Power" avatar bro!

See, this ^^^ guy gets it! He's on the right team! The Black team! Yeah, Black Pride all around, my bothers! Not that evil, horrible white team... we Hate them! They're not allowed to be proud or we will punish the living daylights out of em if they even try...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

medium.com...

Sorry, it is true. The Kanye picture and people around Trump using the sign is the inspiration for 4chan to create this hoax.

www.vox.com...

It was never a white power sign before liberal crazy media and SJW started calling it one. Even in your link there is NOTHING before 2016.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Love the "Black Power" avatar bro!

It's not a black power avatar, but I understand the connection the symbology has.

See, this ^^^ guy gets it! He's on the right team! The Black team! Yeah, Black Pride all around, my bothers! Not that evil, horrible white team... we Hate them! They're not allowed to be proud or we will punish the living daylights out of em if they even try...

I'm not on either team. I am simply pointing out that the gesture does have a connection, albeit a very thin one, to white supremacists before the 4-chan trolls picked up on it.

So I am a bit confused as to why you said what you said.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, it doesn't. It's an OK sign, and some of them used it. Before Trump it was NEVER a white power sign. The media started to turn it into one, and 4chan saw what they were doing and trolled them. I have used the symbol for 40 years, it has always meant ok.

Now crazy liberals accuse Mexican women of being white power nationalists for making the sign, it's insane what has happened to the party.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sorry, it is true. The Kanye picture and people around Trump using the sign is the inspiration for 4chan to create this hoax.

As the link I posted stated and documented, there are connections to the gesture and white supremacist(s) before the 4-chan troll began.

Whether Kanye was the inspiration for the hoax or not is irrelevant to my point.

It was never a white power sign before liberal crazy media and SJW started calling it one. Even in your link there is NOTHING before 2016.

Why would there have to be something before 2016? I only asserted that there was a connection before the 4-chan troll started, which is true if you look at the date of the tweet from Spencer.

Something tells me you didn't read the article I linked.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There are photos of them flashing an OK sign, like millions of Americans do. There is no connection to it being a white power sign. White supremacists breathe oxygen too, do I need to stop doing that because it's a white power connection?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No, it doesn't. It's an OK sign, and some of them used it. Before Trump it was NEVER a white power sign.

I did not say it was. I said it had a connection, though a very thin one, as illustrated by the article I linked.

The media started to turn it into one, and 4chan saw what they were doing and trolled them. I have used the symbol for 40 years, it has always meant ok.

So you admit that it began before the 4-chan stuff.

That's good.

Now crazy liberals accuse Mexican women of being white power nationalists for making the sign, it's insane what has happened to the party.

Sure. People make idiotic and unfounded claims all the time. I't a human problem, not just a political party or ideology.

That just goes to show how your opinion and thinking revolves around politics, which leaves you blind to other things going on a round you.

Look at the absolutely idiotic things the Right and Republicans have outraged over, or what their media buddies have pushed. Is it insane what has happened to their party?

No.

What's insane are the people involved. Both sides.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

There are photos of them flashing an OK sign, like millions of Americans do.

True.

There is no connection to it being a white power sign.

I did not say there was. Perhaps you should read what I posted again.

White supremacists breathe oxygen too, do I need to stop doing that because it's a white power connection?

No. That's an absurd example, as I have not made a similar claim.

Not sure you even understand what I posted.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you for that information. If this is true, which I think may be the case, it is sad that right wing trollers prey upon others by inciting their sense of concern about white racism. Again, I value that info you offered.

Ummm...sad...it's absofreakinglutely hilarious...besides...the right can't trigger or incite the left...that would be the choice and decision of the triggered...

Sorry man there's no magic wand of the right that makes the left do anything that wasn't already in their nature to do...

"Inciting their sense of concern about white racism"...lame man...lame...

Stop trying to excuse the ignorance of the ignorant...your just making this all the funnier...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

Neo Nazis can make up any hand signals they like , doesn't change the original meaning of thumbs up and thumbs down!

Assent or Favor !

not 14 words , nothing Neo nazis do are of historical worth to write a mention about them in the annals of human history
and this "14 words" meaning wont replace the Roman gladitorial origin !

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Intent is the whole of the law.

Really does not matter what i think but it matters what cgi comes up with.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I am glad we agree this liberal SJW crusade is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am glad we agree this liberal SJW crusade is ridiculous.

I did not say that either.

We cannot agree on anything until you learn to properly read what is being said and I do not have the time to hold people's hands over things that even children can understand.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

This is tame. I remember the Japanese whalers holding signs saying 'this is a scientific experiment' yeah i'd believe flat earthers before i'd believe that crap.

Who gives a flying rats' ass? that's the beauty of freedom of speech.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

For effs sake.

A) Yes. It's an idiot troll.

B) He wasn't promoting White Power. He was promoting the Alt-Right and their nonsense troll campaign associated with symbol.

C) THAT is why the Coast Guard pulled him. Not because they thought he was a secret-Nazi, but because they thought someone that thought a hurricane rescue operation was a good time for far-right political trolling is an idiot.

D) The coast guard would not pull him for PR purposes. Not how the coast guard rolls. I have no doubt when confronted and asked about it he giggled like 4 year old farting in the bathtub and left them no choice but to sideline the idiot.

edit on 17-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

opinions

i posted facts

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Your reply to that post of mine is a puzzle to me Yousir. You say being triggered is the choice or decision of the triggered to be triggered. This is not how I understand the concept.

I understand the term ''triggered'' to have grown out of descriptions of people with PTSD, as in soldiers who years later are stimulated to relive some of their gruesome memories of battle. This then expanded to refer to many different types of PTSD such as early childhood trauma.

This then expanded into descriptions of igniting almost any ''knee jerk reaction'' from the triggered. None of that definition fits with your suggestion that being triggered is a choice or a decision.

And then you go on to say that the right cannot trigger the left beyond what is already part of their nature. If we take this at face value then it is still sad, that is unless one finds picking on others weaknesses to be a funny thing to do. Is that the kind of person you are, one who likes to laugh at the weaknesses in others ? I find that hard to believe so somehow I must be missing your whole point here.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Lock him up!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join