It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rejecting Puerto Rican Death Toll, Trump Accuses Democrats of Inflating It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: Nyiah

It's not the Federal government's fault that the local government mismanaged and bankrupted the public power company.

It is, however, the federal government's fault for screwing up and not making sure power was back on as quickly as possible for medical purposes. The point of federal emergency help post-disasters is to HELP, and they failed our territory there pretty miserably. Just because they were "in Rome", does not mean they needed to act like it and be as limp-wanged as PR's local government is.

Not that simple look at florida it had its power grid destroyed as well. But they were able to get that back quickly. So what was the difference simple Florida started with a decent power supply. The Federal government cant help fix someth8ng which wasnt there in the first place.

What they need to do is get rud if the coruption like where people were bribing officials to get power. They had a local bar that got power before a hospital because of politics.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
SUPRISE!..not.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: underwerks

So the fault's on Trump then?

The fault is on our government for screwing up the response. I wonder how much of this is because of the almost $10 million Trump decided to take away from FEMA right before hurricane season?

I put the fault on Trump for lying about it, and that’s it. Because all he really did himself was throw some paper towels at people and call it a A+ 10/10 response.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

lol.. yes, yes it is

What the study needed to do is simply look at death certificates

well they can't because they just magically declared that they are all wrong/inacurate due to lack of training of medical personnel.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

no... no its not. you really need a high school education emoji

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The government who brought out the figures claims the disaster “and its effects” resulted in the death toll. I guess the hurricanes lasted for around a year and didn’t move from PR during that time.

No, Trump is exactly right. The deaths were caused by factors other than the hurricanes.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Of course there are !!
They're busy Trump-figure-fudging as much as they can

That's just the start though,
they wanna re-name the GWU too !

How do you like the sound of
Rosa Parks Acadamy

I'm sure i read that on saracarter ...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

no... no its not. you really need a high school education emoji

Personal attacks mean you have nothing.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The worst thing about this is that Trump thinks it's all about him, once again.

It's a tragedy... whether the government could have done more to save those lives will be probed and written about for years, but this is not about him -- it's about the thousands of lives lost and people need to be allowed to grieve for their families without someone politicizing it.

Imagine Bush saying -- there were only 1,500 people working in the towers. The Dems are inflating the numbers to 3,000 to make me look bad.

It's something a narcissist would say, making it all about themselves.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Every single victim of 9/11 was named and documented with a death certificate.

Now let’s see the same for these alleged Puerto Rican victims. (Don’t hold your breath)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

they have their own:

Department of Agriculture
Department of Consumer Affairs
Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Department of Economic Development and Commerce
Department of Education
Department of Family Affairs
Department of Health
Department of Housing
Department of Justice
Department of Labor and Human Resources
Department of Natural and Environmental Resources
Department of Sports and Recreation
Department of State
Department of Transportation and Public Works
Department of Treasury

they dont vote, they dont hold a seat in congress, infact they have their own senate:

en.wikipedia.org...

They complete their own budget (with the 21 billion we give them annually):

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

“While a number of federal agencies and other contractors eventually joined in the power restoration effort, Whitefish Energy and the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority [PREPA] were initially the only parties on the ground making repairs,” Whitefish said in a statement after its work in Puerto Rico finished in November. “Over the course of two months, Whitefish Energy brought more than 550 crew members and 600 pieces of heavy equipment to the island, overcoming early logistics and transportation challenges to get both manpower and support services to Puerto Rico.”

www.miamiherald.com...

The politics inside the government did indeed prolong the power restoration.

WHY?

Ryan Zinki knew some whitefish employees.

They were there quickly and were awarded the contract on the basis that they could be there before anyone else and would get the lights back on the fastest.

The contract was pulled cause of the democratic hate for the current admin and they cited price discrepancies in labor rates to justify their hate for trump.

To put that in plain english... those 3,000 lives were not worth the seeming extra expense because of political gamery.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

The government who brought out the figures claims the disaster “and its effects” resulted in the death toll. I guess the hurricanes lasted for around a year and didn’t move from PR during that time.

No, Trump is exactly right. The deaths were caused by factors other than the hurricanes.

Using that logic, if I get hit by a car and die a week later from my injuries, it wasn’t the car that killed me.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

Using that logic, if I get hit by a car and die a week later from my injuries, it wasn’t the car that killed me.

No. If you get hit by a car and die a week later, the car still killed you. If the car doesn’t hit you, but hits a telephone pole, and you die because you weren’t able to call an ambulance because the government refused to fix it, it wasn’t the car that killed you.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Right...

By the link you posted it seems like the problem was in the infrastructure that was crappy. I take you won't blame previous administrations for this... ?

I don't believe the problem was the amount of resources transferred to Puerto Rico, given the testimonies from locals that the government had the resources and wasn't sharing with the population.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The current death toll is because they have a crappy corrupt government in Puerto Rico that spent more on mansions for the elite than keeping up their infrastructure. So a lot of the deaths afterwards were because of not planning ahead for something that was going to happen. Trump didn't do that... their own government did.

so,,,Meh - brown people?

link   

In a nutshell, that's THE biggest turn off about Trump
He can not admit his own errors
Everything is always somebody else's fault

At some point, in meatworld
we all in some way, have to come clean
and assume 'that crap'

man up
be honest
oops, there's that word again !
and say -> This is totally my fault, and i sincerly apologise

link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

they have their own: Department of Agriculture Department of Consumer Affairs Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Department of Economic Development and Commerce Department of Education Department of Family Affairs Department of Health Department of Housing Department of Justice Department of Labor and Human Resources Department of Natural and Environmental Resources Department of Sports and Recreation Department of State Department of Transportation and Public Works Department of Treasury

As do most states in America. I get it. You think the people of Puerto Rico are responsible for all of the deaths resulting from the hurricane, and the federal government had nothing to do with it. If you want to believe that, feel free.

But the fact remains that FEMA itself was defunded to the tune of $10 million on orders from Trump himself just before the hurricanes hit. But that’s neither here nor there.

This thread is about Trump LYING about the death count and stating that it isn’t real because the democrats made it up to try and hurt him.

If you want to argue over whether Puerto Rico is its own government or is a part of ours, make a thread about it. This is about Trumps bold faced lie disrespecting the people and the families that lost loved ones to this storm.

If you have something to say about that, I’m all ears.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Bluntone22

so, you think it was an "incredible unsung success" like trump does??

Are you quoting me or did you just pull that out of your aaaaaa?

I was quoting trump.

he views his job in pr as an "incredible unsung success". lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Right...

By the link you posted it seems like the problem was in the infrastructure that was crappy. I take you won't blame previous administrations for this... ?

I don't believe the problem was the amount of resources transferred to Puerto Rico, given the testimonies from locals that the government had the resources and wasn't sharing with the population.

I get that you believe that.

I’d like to hear your opinion on Trumps statement, which is what this thread is actually about.

Do you think democrats are making up that number to hurt Trump, like he said?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join