It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rejecting Puerto Rican Death Toll, Trump Accuses Democrats of Inflating It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: vinifalou

a reply to: vinifalou

It's not a false claim unless proven to be false. It's baseless, because he did not provided any proofs to back his claims. So there's this difference, but I believe you know that already.

Trumps comments have already been proven false. All it takes is a reading of the methodology used in the study.

PDF of Study

So I guess you read these 69 pages before sending me the link?

Or you just blindly trusting the establishment?

Yep. This has been debated and talked about all day long over multiple forums. As usual, ATS is the last to bring it up.

That seems to be the case with any obvious lie Trump tells.

Kellyanne taught him how to use "alternative facts". But sadly it's ineffectual.

But both the Puerto Rican government, and the U.S. government fell short.

A hospital ship with no patients. 20,000 cases of water still sitting on the runway.

Whose fault? Both.

Oh, no doubt. But it’s a flat out lie to say “democrats” are fudging the numbers to make Trump look bad. And people here are actually trying to argue that.

link   
a reply to: angeldoll
I agree,

The medical ship --> Federal government's fault completely, many issues were due to the ridiculous laws in place when it comes to water transit.

20,000 cases of water --> Local government bureaucracy at work.

But I do take issue with the timing of all this mess, I understand that the midterms are coming up but there are way more important things to take care of right now. For example, making sure that people are safe during Florence.
edit on 9/13/2018 by efabian because: (no reason given)

link   
[post]originally posted by: vinifalou

It's not a false claim unless proven to be false. It's baseless, because he did not provided any proofs to back his claims.

Spoken like a true Qultist
edit on 13-9-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: howtonhawky

Even using the death rates isn't a perfect indication.

If somebody died because of infection 6 months after the hurricane hit and there are antibiotics sitting in a store room on the island. Does that death come as a result of the storm or the lack of organizational control by their government?

Where or when can we draw the line?

I think you mean our government?

That is what i am attempting to project here that we the people let this happen.

One minute we are butting our nose in other peoples business and the next we didn't do enough.

But if we are going to be held accountable, we must say that the failure came in the previous decades in not preparing the islands infastructure.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Do you know that editing someone's post can cause you a temporary ban?

Just a heads up.

link   

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: Nyiah

It's not the Federal government's fault that the local government mismanaged and bankrupted the public power company.

It is, however, the federal government's fault for screwing up and not making sure power was back on as quickly as possible for medical purposes. The point of federal emergency help post-disasters is to HELP, and they failed our territory there pretty miserably. Just because they were "in Rome", does not mean they needed to act like it and be as limp-wanged as PR's local government is.

link   
@realDonaldTrump
·
7h

3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000...

he thinks the number of dead didn't go up much.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If Puerto Rico doesn't like the way America manages that Island, Maybe they should just get away from America. Like California wants to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So the fault's on Trump then?

link   

Just a heads up.

How was your post edited? It's word for word what you said, wth.

link   
Actually, no, it wasn't being nefarious
i just could'nt highlight the relevant part ...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

a reply to: howtonhawky

Even using the death rates isn't a perfect indication.

If somebody died because of infection 6 months after the hurricane hit and there are antibiotics sitting in a store room on the island. Does that death come as a result of the storm or the lack of organizational control by their government?

Where or when can we draw the line?

I think you mean our government?

That is what i am attempting to project here that we the people let this happen.

One minute we are butting our nose in other peoples business and the next we didn't do enough.

But if we are going to be held accountable, we must say that the failure came in the previous decades in not preparing the islands infastructure.

I agree that previous folks kicked the can just as it seems to be kicked again.

on a side note p.r. seems to have some commonality with roswell...

United States unincorporated organized territory with commonwealth constitution (1952–present) In 1947, the U.S. granted Puerto Ricans the right to democratically elect their own governor. In 1948, Luis Muñoz Marín became the first popularly elected governor of Puerto Rico. Jump to section Puerto Rico - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

so, you think it was an "incredible unsung success" like trump does??

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: angeldoll
I agree,

The medical ship --> Federal government's fault completely, many issues were due to the ridiculous laws in place when it comes to water transit.

20,000 cases of water --> Local government bureaucracy at work.

But I do take issue with the timing of all this mess, I understand that the midterms are coming up but there are way more important things to take care of right now. For example, making sure that people are safe during Florence.

It's generous of you to consider the Carolina's now. I'm afraid I might be bitter.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The logistics are incredibly difficult due the terrain of the island. Even though, the power did went back up as soon as possible to the central medical facility (it was the first thing to come online).

The problem was that powering the medical facilities outside the main urban area was a challenge due to the damage. In which comes another issue were the central government took the available power in the south of the island and rerouted it to the capital, leaving them without power for months.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It's not a false claim unless proven to be false. It's baseless, because he did not provided any proofs to back his claims. So there's this difference, but I believe you know that already.

Trumps comments have already been proven false. All it takes is a reading of the methodology used in the study.

PDF of Study

Actually after reading this the study is garbage. They attributed any death above what they believed would be normal had the storm not occurred. Statistics aren't that simple you cant say this is how many should have died if the Hurricane didnt occur because there are way to many factors involved.

What the study needed to do is simply look at death certificates. If it was storm related count it. If it was over what they believed the death toll would have been doesn't mean anything since statistically anomalies always occur. In fact their are spikes in deaths for no reason they can increase locally.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If anybody is interested, here is a link to a live cam in an offshore platform at the coast of NC.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Bluntone22

so, you think it was an "incredible unsung success" like trump does??

Are you quoting me or did you just pull that out of your aaaaaa?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

what the # is out of context about they didn't have a G-damn plan in place?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Just a heads up.

Like this.

TRUMP 2020 #MAGA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join