It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough employees too many jobs -severe labor shortage

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's one thing to paint a super optimistic picture of a non existent job market. It's another thing to boast about something so lavishly that the administration o.o is totally detached from the core reality.
I wish no harm to any potus ever but please don't fog peoples reality with what root mass consensus can disprove a falsified job market +

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I've sold some of the machinist tools mostly to hobbyist, the rest sit here waiting. occasionally me or one of my sons might find a use for something but well, maybe one day I will run across an up and coming hopeful machinist and help him build up his own tool collection. I don't know.

There's something deeply sad about that. We used to get older guys; retired from the trade, stopping by the shop to see if anyone would be interested in buying their tools and tool boxes. A man's tools, the ones he collects, cares for and uses over a his career can hold a great deal of signifigance for him, well beyond their cash value. I think most of us would perfer to pass them on to someone taking up the trade rather than dumping them for a pittance at the end of our careers. We'd like to pass them onto someone who appreciates their signifigance. The notion that they might end up rusting away, tossed out or the like is heart breaking.

I just a bought a new tool box, a Gerstner, your husband would have recogized the name. It's a beauty and It's a once in a liftime purchase for me. Sometimes though, I look across the shop at it and wonder if one day it will end up sitting on the curb, all beaten up waiting for the trash collector. I shudder to think about it.

Anyway, for me, your story about your husbands tools struck a nerve. Kind of bitter sweet.

Take care

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

if you are talking about getting people off welfare, you are talking about single mothers more than you are about men.

I am talking about the ones who can work. If you can work you should work.

for some reason, I don't think that construction would be a good fit for many of them???

Wow. Are you saying that single mothers dumb and can't learn a skill?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LostGods
It's one thing to paint a super optimistic picture of a non existent job market. It's another thing to boast about something so lavishly that the administration o.o is totally detached from the core reality.
I wish no harm to any potus ever but please don't fog peoples reality with what root mass consensus can disprove a falsified job market +

Here in oz there are sonething like 300000 jobs available, but we have 1 million unemployed and another million only working a few hours a week.

How do people find jobs that don't exist ?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you are on base salary AND commission you work harder, the amount of work you do directly effects your take home.
Maybe they need to do more of that, hard to do that with fast food. But they could do it at places like Home Depot and Lowe's.

Some companies have generous programs with profit splitting for example let's say an item costed 1000 and sold for $1300 they split the profits you get $150 and they get $150. And you get a base salary of $12.00 an hour just in case you have a slow month.

These types of programs in sales motivate people, and if you slack off your pay usually drops down.
edit on 12-9-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I doubt cutting welfare will do much.I don't get welfare and I make more then minimum wage and some real # I would rob steal and cheat before I have to struggle at mcds to pay my bills.welfare helps the better off its a safety net so ppl like me don't take from the very well off to survive.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
And there you have it, more and more people are deciding that children are not affordable option anymore. Thus even more of a labor shortage. I am choosing not to have children because of it and tons of others are too. Pretty soon they will be advertising make a baby commercials. a reply to: TinySickTears

There is a worldly natural time for a women to have a baby. Then there is the human made up time where women have to go through school and a career before having a child.

The natural time is much better

Only 1 race has slowed when having children, the rest have increased their efforts.
And seems to go along with an agenda

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
Welcome to Florida! Pay here is ridiculous as is the cost of living. Average 2/1 where I live is $1200 which means you need to make at least $22/hr to qualify to rent. It is INSANE! I absolutely hate this state for so many reasons. I am actively looking to move out of state or the country.

I make $13/hr in service which i have 20 years of experience in. I have ZERO benefits. No health, no dental, no holiday or sick and no 401k.

Small town Ohio here. I live in a 2/1 in a nice neighborhood and it costs me $600/month. Most jobs pay around $10/hour, so that would be a bit more than 1/3 of income to rent. Less if you had a roommate or made more money.

I have actually looked at places in Ohio. I absolutely hate Florida. It is overpriced and the pay is terrible.

I am a 39 year old single mom I do not do roommates.

You should sell shoes and other highend accessories in Palm Springs or the Hamptons.

Why would I ever want to live in either one of those places? I can't stand the attitude of the rich. I deal with it where i am and it makes me want to vomit.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I think if you moved to the midwest you'd have a lot more options.

I hate to say it, Illinois for example. You could get a decent paying job. I just don't know about buying a house there. Renting is the route I'd go right now, or work in Illinois and live in Wisconsin or Indiana. Lots of people do it.

I would LOVE to move there! No joke. I have found housing there so cheap and buying a home is so much cheaper than Florida! The old homes there are beautiful and a fraction of the cost here. Even rental homes are cheaper! I have two friends in Illinois and they love it there. I would love the weather most! I hate Florida heat and summers and well everything about Florida.

My bf is coming from Europe in November and from there we will discuss who is going to move. I want to move there but as far as jobs and having a business for ourselves it would be much easier in the states to do.

But yes I would move to any of those states!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

maybe it's my perception of construction. I think of the tall skeletons of high rise buildings with huge iron beams being lifted up by cranes and pulled into place or something. and I think of all the single moms I've known through the years, or women in general. don't get me wrong some of them probably would have the ability to do that kind of work, but most I don't think the would have the strength. I'm kind of behind the times, I guess. I don't think most of the women would have even been taken seriously if they applied for a job on a construction site back then.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Naw most construction today is standing around waving flags, putting down cones and picking your ass for months on end, occasionally driving some kind of heavy machinery to finish a project on the roadways that looks identical to what was there before they started. Forcing traffic to slow as whole lanes are blocked off for virtually nothing. One out of every ten road projects seem to make a real difference, rest is government waste. I think most women can do that, I see many women out there standing around with the men doing nothing just as well as they are.
edit on 9/13/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam
I'm considering just donating them to the community college here. they have a course they teach.
unfortunately, I sold the smaller micrometers and such (to hobbyists) and only have the larger ones. I imagine the college would be working with smaller stuff so don't know how much they could use.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
to me, that isn't construction...
building houses, laying bricks, drywalling, painting, installing the plumbing and electrical, cabinets and countertops, roofing, ect...
some of which ya, they could have done probably. other things, probably not..

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Still considered a construction job, and the most prevalent one these days. Far fewer buildings being built than roads standed on.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
They are all out in the streets protesting against Trump. They hear that idiot Jew Bernie sanders squeaking free this and that. They see on the internet a town in Switzerland is giving everyone $2750.00 per month. Everyone wants something for nothing. Lay around and smoke pot do nothing. This country is going to hell in a hand bag. Laziness and empty promises are the purveyor of the times. Hell there isn't even a place to run to that is not letting sub Saharan Africans invade their country. Common sense is under attack. People have lost their minds. Sorry for the rant just feel cornered!!

edit on 13-9-2018 by Ansuzrune because: Was going to add but decided just more rant so did not.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

At least 15 unless u are renting a room.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

We have money for wars but can't feed the poor a great man said before

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Anyone think it's intentional so people will be more dependent on the government and at the mercy of the antagonists. I wouldn't be surprised. People are aware of how difficult its been to get a job for a long time now.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Actually, its because over 90% of low-wage paying employers refuse to give any single employee(s) over 15 hours per week, to avoid having to list them as "full time" and/or offer higher-level pay and benefits.

So, in other words, it's because business owners are too cheap to pay for living wages or decent benefits for f/t employees and so run skeleton crews of p/t'ers to save $$$.

For example, McDonalds is actually encouraged to hire people that have zero job experience, so they don't have to offer above min. wage, which I know as a former head of HR for a 17 store franchise and two other, smaller franchises.

PS:

In the future, most of you should probably just shut the # up, unless you have firsthand, upper-level experience in whatever topic you *think* that you're an expert in...

Remember: Ignorance is like a virus. Stop spreading it.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Renjji because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ending welfare will not cause a lot of those homeless people to get a job if there is no concurrent rise in wages. If a person makes 11 bucks an hour, housing, transportation and food will take it all. They spent all that time only to end up broke at the end.

Or they can go to a charity soup kitchen or bum for 5 bucks and they will come out ahead.
There has been a crackdown on charity and giving food to the poor lately by local governments nd I`ll bet the chamber of commerce is responsible.

A lot of the chamber of commerce types i have talked to are closet communists where if you do not serve the motherland comrade, you should be rushed off to the gulags.
edit on 14-9-2018 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join