It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough employees too many jobs -severe labor shortage

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob420
Yes we were warned by President Eisenhower about the military industrial complex. Take what I said and you take it to another level to talk about. LISTEN MAN IF I WAS PRESSED I WOULD WORK MCDONALDS IN THE MORNING AND Burger King IN THE EVENING TO SURVIVE. YOU DONT GET IT. Society does not owe us S#@t!!! Work and pay into the system. Do not run over the border or have babies to get assistance. You do not owe me anything and I don't owe you anything. Look our for yourself. To wounded veterans and other citizens that have had unfortunate turns of events in life different story. There would be money and plenty for them if the dam shaggers and abusers were out of the system. I am sure you will go further down the rabbit hole to argue with me. STOP!!! I do not want to get on a merry go round with you. Go put together a puzzle or something.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

I've always said a government that gives is a government that can take away. When that happens people will be shell shocked. I think we all see the writing on the wall. Look at Illinois. People think it is "free" money, but they don't realize that money has to come from somewhere and when that runs out, those people will be the most hurt.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob420
We have money for wars but can't feed the poor a great man said before

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The economy may have improved somewhat, but when the recession hit most manufacturers of common everyday items scaled back on things - for example, cereal prices went up while the boxes got smaller. Once things started to turn around prices didn't go back down and the packaging didn't change either.

On top of that wages still haven't kept pace with the economy going back a few decades, but now healthcare costs and almost everything else costs more, meaning your wages actually buy less than they used to. With more and more employers passing more and more of the healthcare costs over to their employees, you actually earn way less than you used to even 10 to 15 years ago simply because pay raises didn't keep up with the shifting costs of the healthcare changes.

Then another issue is that many employers don't want to hire full time staff. Many would prefer to hire the bare minimum of part time staff, and then call them in on short notice or have them do heavily regulated overtime. By regulated, I mean they don't want you having so many hours that you could make a valid claim for full time. I've seen this so often now where stores like Lowes, Kroger, Wendys, etc. have a few people in full time positions in supervisory or management, but everyone else is part time and they never have enough people to fully cover unless they have others do OT or come in on their scheduled days off.

This younger generation has been described as more willing to quit a job than any previous generation, more willing to pass on a job they don't like, and more willing to stay at home (parent's) without working.

I don't think the issue is with people not wanting to work - I think the issue is that people feel like they are giving up a big portion of their lives for increasingly little in return. Many of these companies ask for loyalty, but rarely do they show the same to their employees. When Wells Fargo had their scandal, that was driven by upper and middle management, who did they toss under the bus - the frontline employees. Sadly we see this all too often and people are finally starting to wake up to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join