It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56 >>

join
share:
JAK

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Scandinavia and the World

There's some really funny stuff to be found there plus maybe a little cultural education too.

Monster

When I went to England I noticed that people would apologize or even freak out if they as much as touched my little finger. At first I thought that maybe I was putting people off, but later it was explained to me that English people are just incredibly nervous about touching people they don't know very well.

I've been to conventions in quite a few countries by now, and England is the only country where most people asked for a handshake rather than a hug.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
We finally got a blast of winter, with more on the way.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Saw this on Pinterest today and had to share it here.
Would LOVE to see somebody pull a Banksy at the Denver airport like this...

The name of the artist is Mark Henson.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well... today hasn't been entirely happy. My class is taking forever to complete... oh, and also, I have no purpose in life. No reason to wake up. I'm not helping anyone, so I feel pretty useless.

But, I logged onto facebook a little while after this depression attack. A friend of mine wrote this;

Adam Grimace Cook:

Brief discription of Josh and I hanging out:
My body is re-OH GOD! WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!

He's a funny dude. Very charasmatic. This made me laugh.

It's always the little things.

JAK

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This did make me smile:

A flashmob of musicians has cheered up the long queue in a busy Spanish unemployment office by playing the Beatles' Here Comes the Sun.

During the stunt organised by Carne Cruda 2.0, a programme on the leading Cadena SER network, a small orchestra emerged instrument by instrument from the waiting room in a Madrid unemployment office. All work in the office came to a standstill and many people sang along in English.

Spain is enduring an unprecedented economic crisis caused by a property crash and public debt crisis. Unemployment, already at 26%, is expected to grow. Spain lost around 800,000 jobs last year and more than half of under-25s are unemployed. The Spanish government has resorted to severe budget cuts to reduce its deficit but austerity measures have also depressed the economy.

edit on 12/1/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I thought this was a nice little video if you have three minutes.

Everyone has their beliefs as to how they fit into the world. However, only those who think for themselves, rather than blindly follow, will truly experience the real world. This animated tale is about one character's journey learning that lesson.

2nd prize winner in the 2011 Project-Reason Video contest.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My Niners play for a spot in the Superbowl in 3 hours:

www.bigblueview.com... . Its been 20 years. Oh yeah, I'm smiling.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
I thought this was a nice little video if you have three minutes.

Everyone has their beliefs as to how they fit into the world. However, only those who think for themselves, rather than blindly follow, will truly experience the real world. This animated tale is about one character's journey learning that lesson.

2nd prize winner in the 2011 Project-Reason Video contest.

Was feeling very much like a square peg in a world of round holes today Jak...Love the vid.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I saw this on another thread

Puddles are irresistible, I agree, it's the reason I bought rain boots to wear to and from school

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I would have to say this made me smile since I am on a Notebook streak!
...am really wishing that they could be together in real life, makes me sad!

edit on 5/10/2013 by Givenmay because: I Love You Michael!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
...am really wishing that they could be together in real life, makes me sad!

Well, they can't be together because he's all mine. You know that whole "Hey Girl" thing. Yeah? It's real.

On a side note, that made me smile too

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Hi woman, it has been awhile, hope all is well! x

Oops, I bet he got a good lashing when he came home that night then! lol

I am sure lots have seen this on television but, bumped into it tonight again and still smile watching.

edit on 5/15/2013 by Givenmay because: Addition

JAK

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The simplicity of innocent beauty.

Here with a Loaf of Bread beneath the Bough,
 A Flask of Wine, a Book of Verse - and Thou
Beside me singing in the Wilderness -
 And Wilderness is Paradise enow.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well... a lot of things made me ANGRY today.

Horrible migraine. I been waiting forever to swim, I finally swim for ten minutes, then get swimmers ear and it hurts like HELL. On top of the migraine that didn't go away.

Then I got inspired to draw in one of my manga books--but NOPE! I still have school work to do!

But... my mom bought me an icee, and some excedrin. Knocked my headache out... and the icee made me really happy. It always has, since I was a little kid.

I still can't hear out of my left ear, and I'm still annoyed that I'm trying to cram a bunch of school work into five days, but... I have an icee, and some painkillers that actually WORK on me (which is very rare).

So... I'm much happier now.

edit on 30-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

JAK

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Charles Dickens - A Tale of Two Cities

A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.

Which got me thinking of today, facebook and the title of a song I like.

The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret

edit on 5/6/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Watching Lion's rugby game with booze good food and friends

woop woop

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

JAK

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

JAK

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh, and this:

Originally posted by tanda7

We love making things so much, whenever we are on a long hike, we usually stop long enough to make things like this.

CX

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I smiled because i made some other people smile....in the blistering heat here in the UK, i took my elderly neighbours an ice-cream each.

At the age of 94 and 88, they don't get out for ice-creams any more. The shout of "You're an effin hero!!!" from the 88yr old ex commando as i walked out the door was more than enough to make me laugh. I think half the street heard it.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56 >>

join