It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Richat Structure, the Eye of Sahara, the remains of Atlantis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
keep in mind Gobekli Tepe is only 50 football fields wide in comparison to this 'Eye' of 23 kilometers, and scientists claim Gobekli Tepe will take over a hundred years to effectively complete digging up the site. So If this is Atlantis, which i do believe it most likely is, you can bet it's going to take some time to find anything, much less the city in any meaningful remnants if at all.

It will take deep penetrating mapping from satellites to identify any artificial structures which i'm looking forward to.
edit on 6-9-2018 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I agree this could indeed be the site of a lost culture, especially if those concentric areas of the feature were above water forming circular island's and the area was once at sea level and connected to the sea.
It remains' problematic however due to it's altitude.

But so that I am not typing it all over again I shall copy and paste what I typed last night on the Youtube comment's section of Bright insight's channel.

to Quote myself -

Quite possible, there have even been claim's that Tiwanaku was atlantis which is far less likely than this.

During the last ice age there was an entire continent sized mass of ice on top of the continental mass of the northern hemisphere, this depressed those continent's into the underlying softer material and deformed the surface of the earth there, even today we are still seeing glacial rebound that is the crust still rising and pushing up the continental mass which is now far lighter since the ice is now gone.
Conversely the sea is now heavier since all of that water is now back were it belong's - in the sea and so this is actually also depressing the crustal material of the ocean bottom.

Magmatic displacement caused massive upheaval's at the end of the last ice age.

As the continent's were lightened magma flowed back under them and the ocean crust (Atlantic) sagged as magma flowed back under the lighter continent's and away from the ocean crust causing the ocean crust to then sink lower, this itself was enough to make entire island's vanish BUT it got worse, far worse.

As the south american plate was riding over the pacific plate it was also meeting resistance as it rode over the remains' of a proto-continental mass an area of thicker than normal ocean crust, the pacific plate crust is very much more ancient than the Atlantic crust so generally much thicker but in some regions' it is much, much thicker since during the cycle of the earth's history many entire proto-continental mass have formed and then were destroyed, the remain's of some of these are still present in the sub oceanic crust of the pacific so if we stand back and imagine what happened then we can assume that when the overlying mass of the south american plate rode over the thick pacific plate - notably an unusually thick section of that plate that not only did the Andes form from the crumple zone BUT the entire continent began to experience a mechanical uplift to it's western side - precipitating a cataclysmic continental tilting.

At the end of the ice age reduction in sub crustal magma pressure and the increase in ocean weight on the east cost of the South American plate east of Brazil in the western Atlantic meant that this was counterbalanced by a sagging of the eastern seaboard of the south american continent - perhaps all of it or perhaps just a very sizable region - it probably happened in quite a cataclysmic event, ever wonder why the stone's of Puma Punku and Tiwanaku are so thrown about like a child's play thing's and why the flora and fauna in lake titikaka on are so genetically close to there sea level ocean cousin's - they had to adapt rapidly as the entire area formerly a sea level fjord with the great sea port of Puma Punku was thrust skyward in a massive earth quake.

Meanwhile vast tract's of land, many island's and any people, city's, entire nation's and all of there culture, science and learning were dropped in this continental tilting earth quake cataclysm to below sea level in the Atlantic, remember the city discovered off the north west coast of Cuba?, it never took 50.000 years to sink to that depth - the sea would simply have eroded it away if it had so it had to have happened almost instantly.

This in turn caused two, not one but two global wide mile's high super tsunami to race across the Atlantic and the Pacific, erasing all civilization and all the work's of man from the most populated regions of the old world setting the clock of human civilization back to zero so that only the shepherds and illiterate peasant's in the highest mountain's survived for there descendant's to one day come back down to try to spark once again the flame of human civilization.

This dipping of the continent of south America on it's eastern sea board would also have caused a magma displacement, though partially precipitated by a mix of uplift on South America's western sea board and reduced (pre-tilt) sub crustal Magma pressure on it's eastern sea board the effect would have been to then radically shift Magma pressure away from this region of collapse toward Africa and this could in turn have uplifted the region - perhaps the entire western sea board of Africa so that after the devastating flood of the massive Tsunami (miles high rolling over the land for hundreds of miles) the terrain was then actually higher than it had been before and as the magma (sub crustal semi liquid material) achieved equalization following this series of cataclysmic upheaval's the area would have continued to slowly rise though the initial rise was probably extremely pronounced land locking the former sea under both mud from the tsunami and also draining that mud back away so that it turned into the dust we know of today.

Even if this is Atlantis and I feel you are correct and it is probably Atlantis, or one of the best theory's for it then it was not alone and was far from the only victim of this global world changing catastrophe.

Ever wonder about the Dame Du Mali, many believe it is a statue of a woman carved into the side of a mountain long, long ago, if so it could be another remnant or even the remnant of another - perhaps even more ancient civilization which once called that region home?.

Here are some pages showing that continental tilting - and of course underlying sub crustal material displacement are actually feasible.

End of self Quote.

The rivers system we now know of as the Amazon may once have flowed WEST instead of east, with the Amazon basin once perhaps having been at a higher altitude? and the Andes with there fjord's such as Titicaka once perhaps having been at sea level and opening to the Pacific coastal sea making Puma Punku - despite claim's of an unfeasably young age by some wood head's on this site actually a sea port from a lost civilization - did you know that in the 1950's the ruin's of Tiwanaku were REBUILT at least partially by so called archaeologists so the site was extensively tampered with?.
www.sciencealert.com...

Vast areas of Former land on the south american continent are not far beneath the waves, these too could have had city's and entire cultures calling these vast tracts of lost territory there home in the not too distant past?.
nephicode.blogspot.com...

Were the ice of the ice age once formed a second continent made up of frozen water on top of the continental mass of the northern hemisphere with the accompanying sub crustal displacement of material to the equatorial and ocean crustal region's causing them to be at that time be uplifted preventing such a cataclysmic continental upheaval of the south american plate, today these formerly depressed northern continent's are still undergoing post glacial rebound and are rising upward.

Sometime's earthquakes happen and the uplift is quite severe but usually it is at a rather sedate pace.

BUT if the south american plate did tilt rapidly - continued below.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

- it may have then caused a sub crustal pressure increase on it's sunken eastern seaboard sufficient to push the remaining sub-crustal magma eastward and actually caused a severe and rapid uplift of part's of the western African continent - which is much larger so only on it's coastal region.

Of course other areas would have been pulled downward such as the area's around the Canary island's and the Azores of course were many traditionally believe Atlantis existed, of course this could mean they are partially correct as vast island's would have vanished in the blink of an eye and taken any human's and there cultures that called them home with them into the depth's.

Meanwhile as I quoted myself saying a vast tidal wave, miles in height may have been created both in the Atlantic and the Pacific racing over the world, hundreds and perhaps even thousands of miles inland destroying all it encountered and leaving devastation in it's wake.

If the Dryas was caused by a cometery impact or asteroid impact perhaps an air burst as the object exploded above the surface of the earth this would only have complicated matters even more and of course if it hit somewhere, perhaps somewhere near to the mid Atlantic ridge it could even have precipitated such a huge release of pent up geological tension and triggered such a cataclysm itself but it would not be the sole cause, it however could have caused a tidal wave as well.

edit on 6-9-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
If it was Atlantis, it shouldn't be too hard to prove right? There should still be Atlantean artifacts and remnants of the supposed large, advanced city at the location.

Not always--if the geologic markers of a massive flood washing things out to sea are indicative of anything, it's perfectly plausible that an entire large civilization could be washed away without much of a trace left behind, at least in the original location.

Of course, I don't think that there have been an real archaeological excavations of the site, so there still may be some stuff found in time.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
From what I have read the original landmasses that we consider as 'Atlantis' were the leftovers of the megakontinent laurasia, that means in the mesozoic era, some 66 mio years ago.
Gondwana then could be identified as the other legendary subcontinent lemuria.
Tectonically and climatically that would fit. It was much warmer then, cloudier.
Much later, 2.6 mio years ago the last ice age began, antarcica began to frreeze..arctica froze much earlier, about 38 mio years ago. Then about 12,700 ago, when the last dramatic climatic changes took part (holocenic era, the last glacial era), the last island sank, according to Plato.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Perhaps its still workable without major tectonics.

Japanese scientists have found evidence of a massive river that once flowed through Mauritania that looks like it was sourced by the mountains to the west of the Richat Structure. They suspect the river was flowing roughly 5000 to 12,000 years ago turning the area into a thriving ecosystem of plants and wildlife. Reported here

So I image sailing up a massive river over 10Km wide, the mountain range could indeed have look like a huge island. The Richat Structure itself would have been 350 metres higer still on the other side of the mountains perhaps existing in a huge lake over 75 km wide. With towns to the west of the mountain range giving access to the sea via the river system. Its very likely to have looked magnificant.

Plato also said they practised the sacrifice of bulls. And had conqured egyptian lands. So wonder if Serapeum of Saqqara was originally built by Atlanteans at a far ealier date than recognized.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I found this a couple days ago. I’m pretty much convinced. They need to go look for artifacts

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Ancient man could have been far more advanced than we are taught today.
Ancient particle accelerator facility or a great place to build one far larger and extremely more powerful than Cern?.
Perhaps a particle accelerator could be used to provide power if it was built correctly after a particle reaction was generated and maintained as well?.
A DC - direct current (As opposed to AC alternating current which is how we get past inductive capacitance in long power lines and why such a city would be build in concentric circuits to allow the circuit's to be energized by magnetic inductance from a central generating hub which of course would then need to output a high rotating magnetic field and would of course work best with super conductors of some kind) - based electronic society using a central generator powered by geothermal energy to produce a magnetic field strong enough to drive electron's around closed circuit ring's build into the island's with the society harvesting the needed energy through local transformers etc.
Or just a natural formation which may have been used by man when the local climate was very much different.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The relationships of craters, water and human habitation as a result of a naturally created ecosystem is certainly not new.
Many of the impact craters around the world have been known and inhabited by humans. The Reis crater in Germany, has an entire thriving city in it. Sudbury and Vredefort supply most of the worlds precious metals and diamonds, with huge populations in and around them.

What is really interesting are the pristine areas, mostly the impact craters of Northern Canada, which were under the ice sheets for so many years. If they were at lower latitudes, they most likely would have become inhabited as well.

Check out these crater/water worlds:

Canadian Impact Craters

Many contain evidence of a far past civilization, but it is still frindge science, as the kind of archeology and geology that is required to investigate these places is more expensive than science is willing to commit to.
edit on 7-9-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: glend

It is my belief that the Eye of the Sahara is actually the remains of an ancient caldera that possible caused an event much like we are all waiting for from Yellowstone. I haven't really researched it, it's just a gut feeling I have. Take it or leave it, doesn't bother me either way.

It's not big enough to be a supervolcano, nor are their plates of lavastone and ash, hundreds of feet thick, surrounding it. It's much smaller than Mt. Fuji (active volcano) or Stromboli (active volcano) and far smaller than Kilauea (active volcano).
edit on 8-9-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: anti72
From what I have read the original landmasses that we consider as 'Atlantis' were the leftovers of the megakontinent laurasia, that means in the mesozoic era, some 66 mio years ago.

That was long before humans. They disappeared long before Athens rose as a city-state, and Plato says very specifically that the Athenians defeated Atlantis.

Gondwana then could be identified as the other legendary subcontinent lemuria.

Except that Lemuria was an explanation for how lemurs got to Madigascar before plate tectonics. No one mentioned or knew of Lemuria before the 1800's.

Then about 12,700 ago, when the last dramatic climatic changes took part (holocenic era, the last glacial era), the last island sank, according to Plato.

It didn't sink. Plato said it became impassible mud flats.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Well said, the reis is a fascinating case study.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Correct as far as the scientifically orthodox view of human history is concerned but that is only according to that view, as you know there are other view's outside of the mainstream view some of which believe the human race is actually far older and is NOT evolved from a primate.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I know I agree with the first part of what you said but you lost me at D/C.
You wanna talk about music or medicine, I’m your guy, but all I know is dc is batteries and ac plugs into the wall.
I’ll have to take your word for the rest.
Oh and CERNand Shiva are pretty cool. Destroyer of worlds

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Sorry my mistake, I forget often since I studied electronic's as a kid.
AC as you know is alternating current, the best way to describe it is like pushing then pulling electricity.
DC is like you say batteries and it is also how most electronic devices actually need there electricity - it is more like pushing with no pulling on the electricity.

Now think about it like this, magnetic field's pull electrons - the electricity around a conductive material and this is how we create our electricity which we use today.

Think about a motor being a device that turn's electricity into magnetism to create physical force and drive thing's, here are two videos of home enthusiast's turning old motors back into simple generators to change that mechanical force back into electricity.

What I was suggesting is that a society which had either never discovered AC or had left it behind due to discovering the possible link between AC - alternating magnetic fields and cancer might build a city around a powerful source of magnetism, perhaps created by a huge spinning electromagnet powered by geothermal energy for example which would then be used to drive electricity around circular conductors which would have been one reason for a city to be build in that particular shape.

Here is something about AC and DC.

Back to Atlantis, here is another story about a sunken island, I believe this thread is about the real Atlantis but this older Atlantis research show's that a vast upheaval of the ocean bed - and the continent's did perhaps actually happen.
Now a disclaimer this page is obviously by people with there own preconceived notion's and belief's, still very interesting.
www.goldenageproject.org.uk...

Nevertheless If there research was correct and there could have been such a large island - and if it was not Atlantis but just another victim then it would also demonstrate that the plate's of the Atlantic and most likely the continent's on both sides of it underwent a tremendous tilting action as if perhaps at least some part's of the south american continent did indeed in a cataclysmic episode tilt while perhaps this led to at least parts of the west African plate rising along with the Eye of Africa which I believe is the best candidate for Atlantis I have seen while such a sunken island would merely be one of many such which suffered such a terrible fate, I would imagine the death toll was unmerciful.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
IMO, it was in Spain near Cadiz. Pretty good evidence for it found in a Spanish marshland over there, and I'm firmly convinced it (Spain) fits FAR more than Richat ever could.

Over the years, the most popular theories have been that the present-day island of Santorini or the island of Malta had once been Atlantis. Atlantis Rising explores this hypotheses, but finds more compelling evidence in one of the largest marshes in Europe, in Donaña National Park (Southern Spain) which archaeologists have been excavating for years. This location had already been the subject of another National Geographic documentary, 'Finding Atlantis,' in 2011.

The marsh in question used to be an open bay, adjacent to the strait of Gibraltar. "This is important because Plato says that Atlantis was located adjacent to the Pillars of Hercules, the name given in Antiquity to the promontories at the entrance to the Strait of Gibraltar", Freund explains.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Hit up a search engine, and read around. The Spanish Marsh location is very hard to dispute. There's been quite a few TV docus done for this, so obviously, you're gong to be finding a lot about those in the search returns mix.

Oh, and because the thread ttle brought the song to mind, enjoy Mark Petrie's "Richat"

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Thank you so much! I feel smarter already. I can’t wait to watch the videos!
So you think a/c causes cancer? How did you come to that?
edit on 8-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

Also I have been grabbed by a/c before. Is the reason it let me go because of the pushing phase? Or am I way off in my understanding?
edit on 8-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The Atlantis doc by National Geo. will be on again this month. Probably syndicates to all the tops, however I could not find it in an "on demand" or kodi search.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: GoeteJr
Electric Universe theoriese that much of what academia believes are impact craters infact are caused by electric discharge events between celestial bodies. Large lightning bolts if you like.

And the Blackfoot tribes theorize that a talking coyote created Woman.

Harte

Tinder does little to discredit that theory. Well, either a talking coyote or a pouting duck, the jury is still out on that.

While I accept that Atlantis is most likely to be entirely allegorical in nature, a part of me absolutely wants it to be real. I prefer the South American theory though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join