It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some weird occurrences that are troubling me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

If things continue and all else fails, call in paranormal investigators.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: Night Star

Apologies Night Star. I missed your post. I will continue posting occurrences if they happen.

Please do!

As said yes, a lot of what you mentioned relates to djinn from what I've read. I'm not religious either and tbh I'm an idiot too because I like to prod at such things, I'm fascinated by the freaky things. I'd never advice that though.

Beliefs seem to be a powerful thing when dealing with the unknown, when I've been freaked out a grin and something along the lines if saying "this is earth and I'm a human, what did you come to learn?" has often helped.

Always love this quote:

In complete darkness we are all the same, it's our knowledge and wisdom that separates us. Don't let your eyes deceive you.

Found out it was said by Janet Jackson haha, it's true though. For me anyways. Belief is a powerful thing. Anyways all the best with your issue, whatever it is it's lesser than you and you don't need a religion to know that, or to have it running with it's tail between it's legs.

Do keep us informed

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I experienced the exact same thing in regard to you feeling pressure on your bed.

I was about 12 years old and had a cat who slept on me every night, usually curled up on my chest as I slept on my back. My headboard behind me faced a set of sliding wood closet doors.

One night my cat was on my chest and I was petting him while drifting off to sleep, when suddenly his head snapped up to look at something behind me at the closet doors, then he bolted up my chest and launched himself into the closed door and bolted out of the room. I chalked it up to him being a typical spooky cat, even though he rarely acted like that.

A few nights later I believe, I was laying in bed alone drifting off to sleep when suddenly a side of my bed felt like someone sat on it, everyone knows that feeling when someone sits next to you on a bed or sofa, how the added weight moves the cushions and yourself. No mistaking it. I can't recall if I actually SAW the bed compress where I felt the weight, but feel it I did and I absolutely froze in terror.

I slept downstairs for a while after that, and yes we had an aunt living with us who died in the house years earlier. I never experienced anything like that again.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The seeing lights and shadows, feelings of pressure can be easily written off as natural occurrences. Hallucinations, infrasound, etc, if they were happening alone. The alarm going off while you are having these happen is what kinda freaks me out. It seems like you are seeing a doctor already occasionally, I gather that from you being medically retired and the like. I guess the next step I would take would be looking elsewhere, as most others here have suggested. Burning plants, consulting a priest/shaman/what have you. Interesting, thank you for sharing. Peace to your mother and yourself, sir.
edit on 4-9-2018 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I had another bad night last night. I woke up at 3:00am again. The intense atmosphere was worse like you could cut it with a knife. I got up and got out of my room. I spent 30 minutes in the living room with a hot drink. I went back to bed and attempted to repeat my protected visualisation. Almost immediately I saw my step-dad who died 6 years ago (we were close). He said he had something to tell me. I was a bit shocked at this but asked him to wait until I had finished my protection. He has never come to me before. When I had finished my visualisation he had gone.

I spent the remainder of the night in and out of sleep. I know its a conscious thing as I felt like I was on guard and I was unsettled after seeing a vision and that vision being my stepdad. I have not mentioned any of this to my mum. I have felt really unwell today (my illness). I am taking a sleeping tablet tonight as I am lacking in undisturbed sleep.

a reply to: Damla

Sorry I mistook your post. I started the visualising the protection when I felt like my back was being stroked. You said you didn't think it was the old lady but didn't say what you thought was happening. I would be interested to know.

a reply to: Night Star

That will be my next port of call if the smudging doesn't work. There is an ATS member not far from me that investigates the paranormal. I am hoping he sees this thread as I can't remember his username.

a reply to: RAY1990

Thanks I do value your posts and will keep this thread updated if anything else happens.

a reply to: Schmoe1223

Thank you for relaying your story. At the time I knew it is real but a few days later you start to question if it was in fact real.

a reply to: smashdem

Thanks for your post. I do try to look at rational explanations to occurrences, for instance, I have a small plastic bar in the bathroom which helps me to stand in the bath. It has suction pads rather than screw fixings. It tends to lose its suction after a few weeks and falls in the bath. It tends to happen in the middle of the night causing a big bang as it hits the bath. It fell off again at 5am this morning. It doesn't bother me.

edit on 4-9-2018 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Ok, let me sum it up.

The type of technique you suggest is a collaboration type of work. Such things happen in harmony without you plan them ahead. Normally real usage of such things is not for self protection. It is for strengthening the harmony and is not planned ahead. You tap in when it is there.

If you are in need of planning such a visualisation for self protection it may..well not work. I suggest the opposite. Not something you can do if you are terribly scared but you dont sound that way.

instead try to do it that way try to understand that there are people who has access to that technique and not for self protection.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

Ok, let me sum it up.

The type of technique you suggest is a collaboration type of work. Such things happen in harmony without you plan them ahead. Normally real usage of such things is not for self protection. It is for strengthening the harmony and is not planned ahead. You tap in when it is there.

If you are in need of planning such a visualisation for self protection it may..well not work. I suggest the opposite. Not something you can do if you are terribly scared but you dont sound that way.

instead try to do it that way try to understand that there are people who has access to that technique and not quite for self protection.

If you dont wanna mess with the thing yourself, just think your visualised bubble is a collaboration. you are not alone there.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Hi Damla. Thank you for the advice. I get the impression English is not your first language. I am having difficulty understanding what you have typed.

Are you saying:

don't do any protection? that something else can be tapping into the energy?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I did some reading last night and became aware of several things that I had not connected. The halogen lightbulbs have only been lasting 2-4 weeks so I changed them all to LED. Scratches on my body that have happened when I have been asleep. This happens every 1-2 weeks. sometimes small and occasionally large.

I had another bad night last night despite taking the sleeping tablet. I saw a black butterfly at 5am. I have no idea what that symbolises. I have been with my mother this morning as she had a hospital appointment. I am now going to bed and taking another sleeping tablet.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

you can not visualize a pure bubble of protection alone, by yourself.if such a thing is possible it is assisted and assiting force's main aim is beyond protection.actually it is aimlessly existing for those who can tap in. I am saying you need to feel or understand that.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thank you. I understand now.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Interesting read,
This might be the hatman/shadowman leech, common experience of a night time and when close to sleeping, also toys with people to leech.

I feel this guy is spot on,
I have had similar situation and the trapping sort of works.
you definitely can scare these things away, but remember they are good at it and can read you or your thoughts to some extent.

My home experience.
One night I felt piercing pressure on the back of my neck while sitting on the computer (Awake but really tired really late, zoning out), It came to mind instantly to force myself to think of other things as to distract my mind from it so it was not aware that I was aware..

I got up from my chair and walked out of line of sight so that I was not visible through the crack in the window blinds,
as I done this and was out of it's line of sight I walked towards the blinds and felt this rush come over me just before i considered what I was doing and about to face.
I ripped the blinds open and within 30 cm from me face to face with a robbed/capped deep black void, nothing but black and an outline of clothing, I felt a huge rush of god-mode strength and I just knew if I could just touch this thing it was finished, it sort of looked at me for a second or two, startled maybe I don't know.

Knowing it would take too long to unlock and open the door I jumped through the glass, I did not even make the mental decision it just happened I was literally autopilot fight or flight, it immediately took 2 "steps" backwards and then floated straight up into the sky as if motionless, (no wind movement or anything) on an elevator, I just stood there and watched.. Immediately after it left my sight my "strength" sensation was instantly replaced with the most horrible dread deathly feeling I have ever felt in my life. I then went back inside and turned on the lights and basically waited to die, it felt like i seen something i should not of and was going to be punished for it, no way to escape and no one can help me. did not sleep until lunch time the next day.

Never really bothered me much after that, although once or twice a year it does try to have a poke at me while dreaming.

In saying all that I have heard the opposite from people trying to become violent or angry towards these beings, i guess my situation was different, no violent feelings no anger, just felt like cleansing the thing.

We are way more powerful then these things, they are in our playground and they are literally bottom feeders.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Not sure if it's the case but make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector. Sometimes a leak can lead to delusions. I joined just to tell you, usually just a reader. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Lived this throughout a larhe chunk of my life. Once i stopped believing in such nonsence and took up science i became much more awake.

edit on 6-9-2018 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBing

I have one of these in the hall adjacent to my bedroom along with a fire alarm. I test it weekly.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

You do realise this is a paranormal forum for discussion about all things paranormal. I haven't claimed absolute proof. I have merely asked for advice on occurrences I have experienced recently. Lots of people don't believe in the paranormal but they don't waste their time writing such things on a paranormal thread. If you believe you have scientific evidence and want to challenge belief in the paranormal then please go ahead and start your own thread rather than degrading the quality of mine.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Two nights undisturbed sleep with no occurrences. I have been unwell for 36 hours and spent most of today in bed. Upon waking late afternoon I had a hypnagogic hallucinations. I saw a large black shape which appeared behind me on the right side and moved (glided) to the end of my bed and disappeared.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I've been reading your thread and keeping up to date on what's going on. I would say before you go down the paranormal route, that you try and keep a diary on things like when/what medication is taken, when occurrences happen and if there's any correlation between them, Also your illness is messing up your sleeping routine, could this be part of the cause as to what you feel is happening, being rundown and tired could be effecting your wellness and mind in different ways, maybe also make a note of this in a diary. I noticed you posted about hypnagogic hallucinations, could you also be sleep walking? Maybe try recording a night of your routine to find out?

I just wanted to let you know, I'm out here in the interwebs sending good thoughts and hoping things get better for you soon.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Thanks for your post. I will look at doing this although I have taken the same medication for years. I am aware of the side effects as well.

I am still waking up at 3:00am with the feeling someone is watching me. I try to ignore the feeling and fall back into a light drifting sleep waking up intermittently. I think this is due to me being 'on-guard'. Apart from this I have not had any other occurrences in the last 4 days.

I am going to set up my camera to film me overnight when I can afford a infra-red light source.

edit on 10-9-2018 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words, I've no problem helping someone out who's genuinely asking for advice. Hopefully some of what I've said is of use.

Reading through the rest of the thread your stepfather incident is interesting and kind of provocative. Here's hoping it was a one off or even just a bad dream.

Black butterflies seem to indicate death, rebirth, change. Usually the death of negatively or the changing of fortunes, in a symbolic sense anyways. Here's hoping for some positivity for you.

Sending good thoughts your way, genuinely hope you find a peaceful sleep tonight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join