It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some weird occurrences that are troubling me

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Last night was quiet. I slept for long periods but still having the nightmares causing me to wake up briefly. I checked all my medications online today and 4 of them can cause hallucinations although not very common. Blue Shift mentioned a compounding effect and I will mention this to the pharmacist next week. I have also set up my camera on a tripod to record overnight.

Thanks for all the advice I am being given. I really appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Time seems to slip, sorry about that.
I found you account rather intriguing because I have had such experiences, so I can relate. I have never a had a weak "constitution" nor taken illicit drugs or legal, just to out rule these things.
One specific occurrence became rather physical, and I found out be digging that the house had been haunted and that the specter only targeted females. It was very odd and if I may say, terrifying.

It isn't my intent to over run your thread with details all I wanted to convey was trust your self don't let others discredit your experience. Back then we didn't have sophisticated recording devices and didn't need them, we trusted a man on his word.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Back then we didn't have sophisticated recording devices and didn't need them, we trusted a man on his word.

The recording of Morrads environment is about peace of mind and not about evidence or trust, and by also ruling out all other possibilities helps his investigation. This will be exactly what any good investigator would or should do before even thinking about something paranormal.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have been unwell since the weekend due to my illness. I did manage to set up and record Friday night but for some reason it only recorded 20 minutes. The battery ,which is 6 months old, was completely flat. I am charging it up this evening to do a control experiment ie run it randomly in my sitting room to see if it stops at 20 minutes again. I have bought a smart phone holder and an infra red light off Ebay. When they arrive I will set them up.

Thanks for your post. I know what I saw was real to me. Whether it is real to anyone else is another matter. As Kurokage has advised I am trying to rule out everything else first.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I am sorry if it seemed intrusive. I just wished to say that I trust a persons word. I wanted to be supportive, I find it interesting because I relate. Apologies in abundance.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No worries. I just thought I'd explain my comments and what I thought was the best way forward for Morrad. So need to apologise.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The past few nights have been a bit weird. I have bars at the side of my bed to help me change position in bed. I was laying on my right side and holding the bar when I woke up Friday morning. I was really comfortable (which is rare!) and reluctant to get up. I was contemplating my mother's 2 separate diagnosis this week (angina and abnormal cells from a breast biopsy) when someone hit my forearm quite hard. I opened my eyes thinking my mother had come in to see why I was late up but there was nothing there. I closed my eyes and it happened again. At this point I got up.

My sleep has been disturbed by nightmares and the sensation of something on my bed is still there but not as intense. I am persisting with my visualisation protection. Yesterday evening I had fleeting smells of acidic vomit. The sort you come across in a pub/bar in an evening when someone has drunk far too much. My mother could not smell it and the smell followed me to bed. When I did my visualisation protection the smell disappeared.

I had a consultation with my local pharmacist and I mentioned the visual and tactile hallucinations. She agreed that it could be a compounding effect. She made several recommendations including stopping the Amitriptyline. I have made an appointment with my GP on Friday morning to pass on these recommendations.

I checked my 10 year old camera and it recorded HD video for 20 mins. I could increase this to 60 mins at a small resolution and poorer frame rate. Obviously this isn't suitable for overnight viewing so I got myself a smartphone mount for my phone and a 32GB micro sd card. I cancelled the infrared torch as it was cheap and nowhere near strong enough. I will just leave my bedside light on for the overnight recording.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm East Yorkshire too friend , a lot of crazy stuff around these parts.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I read your WW thread. We are very close mate. Small world!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Thanks for your post. I know what I saw was real to me. Whether it is real to anyone else is another matter. As Kurokage has advised I am trying to rule out everything else first.

It's smart to rule out the logical before jumping to seemingly illogical conclusions,I'm no expert in phenomena other than being experienced with it. Faith/belief is a powerful thing, you believe the realness of this thing since you're experiencing it. You can't just turn that off.

You've mentioned you're not religious, so scientific explanations will always be best... It's a shame that the vast volume of works towards such phenomena are highly related to religious/cultural practices. Sure, there's power in such things, belief is after all a powerful thing.

My advice cannot be much different than Kurokage's, that's the right and smart thing to be doing, the recordings could be beneficial too, even if it's just to see what disturbs your sleep etc... You might find nothing. Knowledge can help too, though I often find confirmation bias can play into researching something that clearly effects oneself. Gotta be weary right?

I'm sure I mentioned a dreamcatcher earlier, little things like that, things we put "illogical" belief into can also bring small comfort too.

All the best Morrad, I'll do some digging into this from more unconventional areas, I feel I have little else to offer unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thanks Ray. My micro sd card arrived today so I will be filming overnight. I will update the thread tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My phone only recorded for 30 minutes. After investigating today I find that Android's default file system limits maximum file size to 4Gb (which is approximately 90 minutes full HD). I am not sure why my phone only recorded 30 minutes. I am changing the default file system to ext4 which my Linux PC uses and oddly what Android uses for its operating file system. If that doesn't work I will use my phone as an IP web cam and record on my PC's hard drive.

Everything has been quiet since my last update [fingers crossed]

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Everything remains quiet. Two nights ago my mum woke up at 3.30am and could here me saying "yes, yes, yes, I will do" over and over again. She came and checked on me a few minutes later and I was still repeating the same words. My mum woke me up (she had to shake me). I was in deep sleep and don't believe I was dreaming. From past experience I have remembered the dream when I have woken up suddenly.

My attempts to record myself sleeping have failed due to the battery draining on my phone despite being plugged in. I am going to record audio tonight to see if the same thing happens.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I hope things are going well Sir.
Many decades ago I recall being told I had been aroused, but I don't recall any one waking me up.
Life is so complicated. We want answers that fit, but some times we must find other boxes.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I had success with the audio recording overnight (8 hours). I analysed it with Audacity yesterday and today and there is nothing to report except me snoring away. Several nights ago I used an EMF app on my phone which has an alarm go off if there are any changes to the electromagnetic frequencies. It did not go off overnight. The heavy atmosphere seems to have lifted completely.

Thanks for asking WIS. I understand what you are saying. As the situation is no longer acute I have been able to reflect rationally instead of emotionally if that makes sense. The situation had me so emotionally charged that it got to the point where I was scared to fall asleep.

I do believe something happened. I didn't mention in the thread but my younger brother died 3 years ago of acute pancreatitis (he was a secret alcoholic). We had not spoken in 20 years but briefly had contact prior to his death. He was very arrogant and a narcissist. He was very jealous of the close friendship I had with my mother (he had not spoken to her in 25 years). He died very suddenly. I didn't feel anything when he died. From what I have read certain types of individuals have difficulty crossing over when they die suddenly. It would not surprise me if he was behind the event.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This past week has been uneventful. In future I will only update this thread if anything significant happens. Thanks to those still following.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Let's hope that continues

I'm not on ATS much these days but I'll make sure to pop in when I'm on.

here's to peaceful nights sleep.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thanks Ray.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Just popping in to see how you are and I am happy to find things have been peaceful. WIS

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thanks WIS.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join