It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor Mill: Deep State Allegedly Sets Terms For East Syria Withdrawl to Assad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Originally I read this on Al-Masdar, but passed on mentioning it since it seemed only these two sources would lend a hint of bias. But JPost entertained it with an article of their own, so I figure I will at least treat it as an interesting rumor and went to the original source (Arabic) which I translated in order to read. It took me a minute but I found it.

A report from Al-akhbar, a Lebanese Daily paper, has alleged that officials of varying US intelligence and security agencies met with a General Ali Mamlouk on behalf of President Assad. They set the terms for the withdrawal of forces from the Al-Tanf region in South Syria. The three primary points driven home were:

On one of the nights of the last week of last June, the Syrian security forces imposed strict measures inside and around Damascus International Airport. Just before midnight, a private UAE plane landed on one of the stands. About forty minutes passed before a huge procession of black SUVs took off carrying the passengers to the Mezzeh area, in the center of Damascus, where the new office of Major General Ali Mamlouk, head of Syria's national security office. There, a senior US officer led a delegation that included officers from several US intelligence and security agencies.

He was accompanied by the visiting American delegation, along with the head of the General Intelligence Directorate, Major General Deeb Zeitoun, and the Deputy Chief of the General Staff, Major General Mowafaq Asaad. The meeting between the two sides continued for four hours. What happened?
According to information obtained by the «news», the two sides reviewed various aspects of the Syrian crisis and the stages of development and repercussions in the region, before talking to «butter». A clear and specific American offer: The United States is ready to withdraw its troops completely from Syrian territory, including the Al-Tanf and East Euphrates according to security arrangements supervised by the Russian and Syrian armies. In exchange for meeting Damascus three American demands, namely:

• First, Iran's full withdrawal from the Syrian south.
  • Second, obtaining written assurances that US companies will receive a share of the oil sector in eastern Syria.
  • Third, to provide the Syrian side with the Americans with full data on the terrorist groups and their members, including the numbers of foreign victims of these groups and those who survived, and those who have the possibility of returning to Western countries, considering that "the terrorist threat is intercontinental, We can get hurt in the service of international security

The article goes into more including the response from the Syrian side. This is getting out because Russia is holding a Security Council meeting on the impending operation that is about to befall Idlib, and the possible retaliatory NATO strikes if Assad goes too far and uses his chemical weapons.
Related: Confirmations of a visit by a US security delegation to Damascus: the first "Idleb meetings" in the Security Council

Lets call this ... supermarket tabloid headlines??

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Second, obtaining written assurances that US companies will receive a share of the oil sector in eastern Syria.

so the whole thing was about the Oil? this is my shocked face.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

SO !! If terrorists and war doesn't bring about the "regime change you want; why not try a little extortion ??

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oil yes, Natural gas - Bigger yes

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
From what i read elsewhere. Assad and the Syrian gov refused the terms.
edit on 30-8-2018 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox
Did they seem even the slightest bit reasonable from the Syrian perspective? I would say no, but the delegates likely knew this anyways. That would explain the radar sites going up and talk of air and ground embargo recently in an effort to curb Iran's influence.

new topics

top topics

join