It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Falsify My Claim: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

I see cracks in the right hand side of your image and in the background, they are all around the rock faces.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

I did a lot of studies:
wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
THE THING IS that there is not a shred of evidence for cracks producing numerous basalt columns all over the world.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

" cracks in the right hand side of your image and in the background, they are all around the rock faces."
The cracks did not PRODUCE the column that a climber is climbing on.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Basically I claim geological processes did not and could not produce basalt columns. So, I infer that they were produced by life of a human kind. If someone could prove geology did that, then I lost my case.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for saying that. Now I feel better.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

" Whats the point of making these colums with no apparent function?"
I have no definitive answer to this. But I noticed that many columns are near water of sea or river. So, the columns may have served as "piles" in waterfront construction.
"How do you propose these colums are made?"
I SPECULATE that they were molded from CONCRETE-like material.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Okay, lots of studies. Can you show us some data from these studies?
like:

Carbon dating of core samples to determine the age of the basalt

Composition of the basalt to compare to other known compositions of basalt in the local area

etc.
edit on 28/8/2018 by Badams because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin
a reply to: Badams

So, did you see cracks that produced this column:
cdn-files.apstatic.com... (Devils Tower)

You do realize basalt is volcanic rock don't you? So why would someone creates a mountain out of basalt anyway?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Jubei42

" Whats the point of making these colums with no apparent function?"
I have no definitive answer to this. But I noticed that many columns are near water of sea or river. So, the columns may have served as "piles" in waterfront construction.

And many are not.

"How do you propose these colums are made?"
I SPECULATE that they were molded from CONCRETE-like material.

With what equipment? How was each column made? How were they assembled into such large structures?

There is ample evidence, both theoretical and actual, supporting the processes of cooling that produce columnar joints and the features that you find inexplicable are quite easy to explain with a few moments' rational thought.

There is absolutely no evidence supporting your theories.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
Carbon dating of core samples to determine the age of the basalt

You need organic carbon to be present in order to carbon date, so you'd need other methods of radiometric dating for these basalts.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

the obvious question - how did humans " create " bassalt collums - as per your delusion ?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is one explanation that may or may not be faulty for the Earth observation.

journals.aps.org...

Tesla claimed to hear signals coming from Mars at his Colorado lab in 1899.

Link requires desktop PC with two dust shields..

This was likely a Tesla redux from an earlier discovery of a signal coming from the storms on Jupiter which may date back as far as the legends of Thor.

Both explanations above are man made.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

There are a bunch of problems with your argument. Basalt can be used to reinforce concrete which is a
in favour of your theory. Basalt is formed as an extrusive rock which means it's forced up under great pressure in molten form. This is a
against your theory.

Basalt is very common around the world. It forms much of the world's sea beds and is an underlying layer of much of western USA. Pretty much anywhere on the planet that was once sea floor contains basalt layers. The fact that it's a natural rock is a

Basalt columns. Let's think about it. "All basalt is naturally formed apart from the columns." This would require a civilisation so
for your idea. It'd require a very advanced civilisation to account for the intensive work required to create the columns (size, weight, location) and a very populous civilisation.

To create a basalt column, the civilisation would need a lot of basalt and that's cool because we've established there's a LOT all over the planet. They'd need to break down the basalt into dust to reform them as columns or would they use tools and perhaps machinery to carve them?

Carving them out isn't as simple as it looks and especially as the columns are on, or near, every landmass on Earth. Luckily, most everywhere 300 million years ago was one massive landmass. We'd be talking about a super-civilisation that spanned the planet. This raises problems because there are no remnants at all to show a civilisation spanned the planet "300 million years ago." Sure, there are basalt columns, but where are the lintels? Where are the walls and steps and foundations of all their towns and cities? I think the lack of any other structures is a
on the theory.

We've got some fossil evidence of what types of life existed 300 million years ago. No upright beings although it's possible we just haven't found one yet. It was the Carboniferous Period and the planet was covered in plants and trees. Oxygen levels were very, very high and it was a hot tropical climate. There were no mammals and primates weren't due for another 250 million years. Reptiles and early dinosaurs were settling in and bugs were plentiful. All these points are a
on your theory.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Indeed you are correct. Should of thought my post through a bit more and not rushed. The missus gets annoyed when I’m “arguing online” during dinner.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

a reply to: BigDave-AR

It's a FACT, not a theory. I never said it was a theory.

Oh really what would you call a WAG posted with no back up aside from these look human made to me therefore the rest of the world must agree with you or prove you wrong? I think theory was a rather mild way of putting it.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Basically I claim geological processes did not and could not produce basalt columns.

OK

So, I infer that they were produced by life of a human kind.

what evidence is there for this?

If someone could prove geology did that, then I lost my case.

You have already lost your case when you are asking others to prove you wrong which in reality cannot happen.

You need to prove your claim's or bring evidence supporting your claims to be debated then accepted or dismissed.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

"You need to prove your claim's or bring evidence supporting your claims to be debated then accepted or dismissed."
The 12 pieces of evidence listed in wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
attest to the improbability of geological processes forming the "basalt columns". They also attest to the probability of humans constructing the columns.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I looked at your blog. You make Flat Earthers sound logical and plausible.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

1. Basic misunderstanding: I never claimed the columns were formed from basalt. I speculated the columns might have been produced from concrete-like material. Concrete is anything produced from the mixture of water, aggregates, and bonding agent. There are many kinds of concrete in the past. There will be many more kinds of concrete in the next 1000 years.
2. One geologist said Devils Tower was originally formed underground, although most geologists say most columns were formed with volcanic lava (on the ground) .
3. To be continued when I have time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join