It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up in the future

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: watchandwait410

The future better be a big place.

Else it will be rather a tight squeeze. LoL

We will eventually colonize space and it is big.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Things to do and people to see long before that will happen im afraid, if it happens

1000 years sounds about right the way we are going.

There is enough problems with the people we already have without bringing back more.

Why the hell would future humans want to re-experience the bullcrap of some people?

Take Hitler, Stalin, or Genghis Kahn for instance, would you really wish to unleash those bastards back into reality?
edit on 28-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Things to do and people to see long before that will happen im afraid, if it happens

1000 years sounds about right the way we are going.

There is enough problems with the people we already have without bringing back more.

Why the hell would future humans want to re-experience the bullcrap of some people?

Take Hitler, Stalin, or Genghis Kahn for instance, would you really wish to unleash those bastards back into reality?

I have high confidence we will go to space.
I would want to bring back my dead relatives and I am sure people of the future would want to meet their ancestors.
As for Hitler he will always be hated but think futuristically, I am sure science will develop a way to fix crazy lunatic. They will prolly become normal instead of power hungry a holes.
What I am saying is the science is going to move fast once AI's are trillions of times smarter then all of humanity combined.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

AI and humanity will eventually merge to form humanity 2.0, but only if the singularity goes our way as well as the AI.

The ability to learn at an exponential rate will either free us from mortality or lead to our extinction.

They might be able to simulate your dead relatives or Hitler for that matter but where would you get the information to do so?

Anything created would not be the same similar to how a clone would only be a copy of an original without the same life experience.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There is a lot of artistic nuance out there which computer networks do not have access too.
Computer simulations like Homer3 are just animation extensions of prior art. I hope..

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

AI and humanity will eventually merge to form humanity 2.0, but only if the singularity goes our way as well as the AI.

The ability to learn at an exponential rate will either free us from mortality or lead to our extinction.

They might be able to simulate your dead relatives or Hitler for that matter but where would you get the information to do so?

Anything created would not be the same similar to how a clone would only be a copy of an original without the same life experience.

idk maybe time travel, if traveling to the past is possible. If you travel back in time you may end up in a completely different Universe and because there are possibly infinite Universes the chances are someone will come to this one.

I hope we don't became The Borg

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

idk maybe time travel, if traveling to the past is possible. If you travel back in time you may end up in a completely different Universe and because there are possibly infinite Universes the chances are someone will come to this one.

I hope we don't became The Borg

Maybe we will become masters of time.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: andy06shake

There is a lot of artistic nuance out there which computer networks do not have access too.
Computer simulations like Homer3 are just animation extensions of prior art. I hope..

What is Homer3 I looked it up and I got something about proteins and the simpsons.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

"idk maybe time travel,"

Need a lot of energy nevermind matter with negative mass to time travel.

Plus i don't think you end up in the same timeline anyway, well not according to Jonny boy anyways.

Whats wrong with the Borg, look at what they achieved? Then there was Unimatrix Zero, they were not all bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

"idk maybe time travel,"

Need a lot of energy nevermind matter with negative mass to time travel.

Plus i don't think you end up in the same timeline anyway, well not according to Jonny boy anyways.

Whats wrong with the Borg, look at what they achieved? Then there was Unimatrix Zero, they were not all bad.

Come one The Borg take away personalities, they are bad news and prolly are some species like that through out the cosmos!!!

As for time travel if we live long enough getting that much power will be a cake walk I think.

If we don't go to the same timeline then we save the people there and hope people from a different timeline do the same for us.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

That would be from the Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace episode of the Simpsons.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't different timelines and different Universes be to same thing because if you change the past you create a new future/Universe … right???

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

oh that explains it, I thought The Simpsons popped up just because of Homer. I think I saw it but I am having a brain fart.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Let's say there are infinite Universes then that means anything can and will happen.

Let's say in one of those Universes you are the "king" of the Universe and found out that when you die you go to hell, but that is not a problem for you cause you are immortal...

If I was that king I would want to save every version of myself so none of my selves would go to hell.

Let's say that the thing sending me to hell was a evil alien which he defeated eons ago.

It sounds crazy but it is true that's to unlimited outcomes.

idk that would be amazing.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

More like individuality, the borg embraces different race and personalities, and take the best of such for there own. That's quite admirable really if you think about it, aside from the lack of actual choice.

Apparently, travel to and from the same timeline is impossible down to the laws of conservation and natures attempt to deal with paradox.

So you cant go back and kill grandpa, that would simply be some other persons, grandpa.

The required amount of power is infinite by the way, allegedly.

Can we not just go back to discussing Startrek?
LoL

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If our universe is infinite then anything can and will happen, repeatedly, as there are only so many ways matter can be arranged.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

There is a process that can occur in a human brain that produces non sequitur false cause and effect relationships.
I remember once trying to explain the math behind Doc Browns flux capacitor when suddenly I started hearing Rush lyrics and getting visions from Finland. This continued till I thought I had solved the CIA Kryptos puzzle. I did some searching on the internet and found that this was just non sequitur thinking caused by previously stored memories connecting in parallel "out of time" as it were.

When you rewind and try to analyze what just happened it feels like time traveling because the memories had real dates and times.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yes, all the time allegely.

But where does choice/when would choice, spawn a new timeline?

It's not very economic through unless the parent timeline is/was/will be destroyed.

Now my head hurts. LoL

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

More like individuality, the borg embraces different race and personalities, and take the best of such for there own. That's quite admirable really if you think about it, aside from the lack of actual choice.

Apparently, travel to and from the same timeline is impossible down to the laws of conservation and natures attempt to deal with paradox.

So you cant go back and kill grandpa, that would simply be some other persons, grandpa.

The required amount of power is infinite by the way, allegedly.

Can we not just go back to discussing Startrek?
LoL

You can't have fun at the beach if you are a Borg! lol

I always knew you can't change the past since I saw Trunks go back in time on Dragon Ball Z. He went to a different Universe to change the future unable to change the timeline he was from.

Star Trek Rules!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join