It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up in the future

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This reminds me a bit of one of my favourite book series

Philip Jose Farmer's Riverworld

It's a similar concept. Everyone that's ever lived has been resurrected along a seemingly endless river in a valley with unscalable walls. The books are mostly about Richard Francis Burton and a few other people journeying up the river to find out why they're all there. It's a really great series though. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in sci-fi.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
a reply to: toms54

I am thinking that bad people will be rehabilitated with some future mind fixing tech.
Also I am hoping that killing will eventually be a thing of the past.

You are an optimist.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
This reminds me a bit of one of my favourite book series

Philip Jose Farmer's Riverworld

It's a similar concept. Everyone that's ever lived has been resurrected along a seemingly endless river in a valley with unscalable walls. The books are mostly about Richard Francis Burton and a few other people journeying up the river to find out why they're all there. It's a really great series though. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in sci-fi.

I think I saw the made movie or mini series a while back... I just hope in my scenario everyone doesn't have to be naked and hairless. lol
Also I hope humans do the reviving and not aliens.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

a reply to: toms54

I am thinking that bad people will be rehabilitated with some future mind fixing tech.
Also I am hoping that killing will eventually be a thing of the past.

You are an optimist.

Well I just assume people are good at heart and eventually most people will start to practice what they preach/feel.

I just hope everything will work out in the end.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

idk some people are evil because of some circumstances like a bad childhood or something is wrong with their brain, hopefully they get a chance to be fixed. Is everyone going to be love or is it just the ones lucky enough who are lucky to be normal, it is sometimes not their fault.

Unfortunately, we aren't given precise details as to how every single person will be judged, especially those who lack mental awareness and understanding. Only Jesus has the answer to that one.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well I just assume people are good at heart and eventually most people will start to practice what they preach/feel.

Keep surrounding yourself with those kinds of people.

I just hope everything will work out in the end.

Well, that depends on your definition of "working out". According to the Bible, it's going to get pretty ugly before God steps in to clean up the mess. It won't work out exactly the way you want it to in this life and in this world, but we're promised a new life and a new heaven/earth after it's all over without any evil living in it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I have had a long standing belief since I was little that the people of the future would revive everyone who has ever died into the future. I am talking about 1000 years from now.
I thought about this before Vanilla Sky came out by the way.
This could be a back up plan if the afterlife turns out to be bad. If the afterlife is good would you be pissed that the people of the future took you out of eternal happiness?
Just looking to see what you all think and find holes that I am not seeing. Thanks

Then I finally found something on this website showing the things we would have to have in order to make this a possibility.

Reviving long dead people into the future

Get yourself a medical book with cadaver photos in it (dead bodies) in various stages of decomposition and types of trauma.

I doubt we will ever be able to reconstruct any of them...whether burn victim, gunshot, cancer, car crash...dead yesterday, 5 yrs ago, 100, 1,000 years dead...

Too much irrecoverable body and brain damage..some just a crumbled mess. I've seen them.

Once you look at a few photos? Rethink...and restate your theory...

MS
EMT
University of Michigan Medical Center
20 years

You obviously didn't click the link.
Your current body has nothing to do with it, I am talking about a kind of time travel or picking a Universe according to m-theory and calculating where you are at the moment of death and getting your being.
No # bodies decay.
Thank you for your service.

The future is going to be so much advanced that right now will look like the stone age, is what I am saying.

I believe it would be more in spirit of the person, not bodily. Fantastic future awaits us all! I believe as well...the closest we've come in my lifetime is preserving cryogenically...

And I agree with your op we've currently got no clue how fantastic and unknown our futures are!

Best

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
double post
edit on 26-8-2018 by watchandwait410 because: double post

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The Physics of Immortality: Modern Cosmology, God and the Resurrection of the Dead Paperback – September 18, 1997 - Amazon.com

I actually bought this book last month and I did not like it as much as I thought I would. idk I could not really read it when I got it because I did not enjoy the author , it was not what I expected . Over 150 pages are foot notes by the way
edit on 26-8-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The Physics of Immortality: Modern Cosmology, God and the Resurrection of the Dead Paperback – September 18, 1997 - Amazon.com

I actually bought this book last month and I did not like it as much as I thought I would. idk I could not really read it when I got it because I did not enjoy the author , it was not what I expected . Over 150 pages are foot notes by the way

Not so much footnotes, as the book has a section at the front for general readers and a section at the back for those with a degree. The back section really just restates the front, but with a bit more specificity and physical/mathematical rigor.

I found the back section fairly heavy going and I put it aside several times and picked it up later but in the final analysis I was unable to fault it in technical terms.

As far as hypotheses go, Tipplers' Omega Point stands on a stronger scientific ground than some other more generally accepted hypotheses (such as the Big Bang Inflationary cosmologies or 'String/Brane' hypotheses).

I am a Christian and also have to admit that there may be some confirmation bias in my affinity for the work.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I got the jist of it but it was to much book for me, my attention span is low.

edit on 26-8-2018 by watchandwait410 because: mush to much

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The Wikipedia page on the Omega Point sums things up fairly well. Tippler's book was primarily supporting the concept of an Omega Point cosmology.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The Wikipedia page on the Omega Point sums things up fairly well. Tippler's book was primarily supporting the concept of an Omega Point cosmology.

Thanks

It is weird thinking about merging with God... I hope we keep some of our personality.
In all likely something resembling the Omega Point is bound to happen, I believe it is our destiny. I am confident there is a God I am just iffy on Jesus, even though I know there are infinite Universes making the existence of Jesus with all his powers being true in infinite Universes because there are infinite Universes... That's a lot of possibilities, anything is possible is my point.
edit on 26-8-2018 by watchandwait410 because: added alot.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Thanks

It is weird thinking about merging with God... I hope we keep some of our personality.
In all likely something resembling the Omega Point is bound to happen, I believe it is our destiny. I am confident there is a God I am just iffy on Jesus, even though I know there are infinite Universes making the existence of Jesus with all his powers being true in infinite Universes because there are infinite Universes... That's a lot of possibilities, anything is possible is my point.

To me, it makes sense that there is an ongoing continuum of development in God's plans.

God is in a position to begin a process of eternal upward development. It makes no sense to create universes that appear, flourish, die and leave no trace.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think waking up in past is harder than waking up in future.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
I think waking up in past is harder than waking up in future.

I agree. That is a horrible thought that I have from time to time.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

This long standing belief of yours, must surely come up against a flat wall of logic at some stage.

The future will not have as many resources left unto it as the past. The pressures of ever increasing population, and ever decreasing resources will make any population growth a problem, placing a greater than usual importance on the idea that those who have had their time, can rest beneath the ground, whilst those yet to find their death, enjoy their natural lives above it.

As for the afterlife... The soul is not the body or the mind, and is not something that human beings can either call to a body that has been abandoned in death, nor something that a human mind can comprehend correctly, leave alone manufacture to an old specification. Without soul, natural, as ordained and created by powers beyond all possible scientific advancement, beyond reach of even the people of one thousand years or ten, or a million from now, a human body is just an inanimate sack of bone and flesh, organ and gristle.

People "come back from the dead" with tales of this and that, but if they came back at all, their "deaths" were not deaths at all. People who actually die, stay dead. People say "Oh, I died three times on the table" sometimes after a surgery, and while its important for them to get things of their chest, no, they damned well didn't die, not even once, because death is an either or situation. One is either dead, therefore no longer breathing or speaking, or pissing or sweating, no longer alive to tell of it, or one is simply alive. If you have ever been dead, then you still are. Death is not a mere lack of heartbeat, its a total cessation of all native life (that is life native to the body, as opposed to post mortem insect or bacteria activity), including heartbeat, brain function, organ function in every system in the body, and a total end to all electrochemical signalling in the body also.

No one has ever, or can ever come back from actual death, not without involving powers beyond sciences reach.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This long standing belief of yours, must surely come up against a flat wall of logic at some stage.

The future will not have as many resources left unto it as the past. The pressures of ever increasing population, and ever decreasing resources will make any population growth a problem, placing a greater than usual importance on the idea that those who have had their time, can rest beneath the ground, whilst those yet to find their death, enjoy their natural lives above it.

As for the afterlife... The soul is not the body or the mind, and is not something that human beings can either call to a body that has been abandoned in death, nor something that a human mind can comprehend correctly, leave alone manufacture to an old specification. Without soul, natural, as ordained and created by powers beyond all possible scientific advancement, beyond reach of even the people of one thousand years or ten, or a million from now, a human body is just an inanimate sack of bone and flesh, organ and gristle.

People "come back from the dead" with tales of this and that, but if they came back at all, their "deaths" were not deaths at all. People who actually die, stay dead. People say "Oh, I died three times on the table" sometimes after a surgery, and while its important for them to get things of their chest, no, they damned well didn't die, not even once, because death is an either or situation. One is either dead, therefore no longer breathing or speaking, or pissing or sweating, no longer alive to tell of it, or one is simply alive. If you have ever been dead, then you still are. Death is not a mere lack of heartbeat, its a total cessation of all native life (that is life native to the body, as opposed to post mortem insect or bacteria activity), including heartbeat, brain function, organ function in every system in the body, and a total end to all electrochemical signalling in the body also.

No one has ever, or can ever come back from actual death, not without involving powers beyond sciences reach.

I get where you are coming from which is why I gave you a star but I have 4 points to explain.

1. Once we colonize space there will be plenty of resources and space.

2. I believe that eventually we as humans will figure out what souls are and use them for what ever we want. For example like in Halo when master chief gets respawned, something like that.

3. I agree with you that people don't experience the true afterlife until one actually dies.

4. I think also that the human race (if we don't get extinct) will "walk" into the afterlife w/o actually ever dying... but that is prolly in like 1 or 2 thousand years is my guess.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The future better be a big place.

Else it will be rather a tight squeeze. LoL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join