It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up in the future

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have had a long standing belief since I was little that the people of the future would revive everyone who has ever died into the future. I am talking about 1000 years from now.
I thought about this before Vanilla Sky came out by the way.
This could be a back up plan if the afterlife turns out to be bad. If the afterlife is good would you be pissed that the people of the future took you out of eternal happiness?
Just looking to see what you all think and find holes that I am not seeing. Thanks

Then I finally found something on this website showing the things we would have to have in order to make this a possibility.

Reviving long dead people into the future

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Shortly into the article...

We are the gods; we are the creators; the existence of our afterlife could depend on our efforts to improve humanity.

Well, that's not very encouraging based on history, now is it?

That's what God has been trying to tell us all along. We're not capable of saving ourselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Shortly into the article...

We are the gods; we are the creators; the existence of our afterlife could depend on our efforts to improve humanity.

Well, that's not very encouraging based on history, now is it?

That's what God has been trying to tell us all along. We're not capable of saving ourselves.

At some point though we are going to need to take the bull by the horns and grow up to be responsible for our own collective destiny.
We are not kids anymore, it is a thing here on Earth that we have to live on our own. I doubt God wants to hold our hands forever.
edit on 26-8-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

At some point though we are going to need to take the bull by the horns and grow up to be responsible for our own collective destiny.

Something God told us we would never be capable of doing for ourselves.

We are not kids anymore, it is a thing here on Earth that we have to live on our own. I doubt God wants to hold our hands forever.

You're right, God doesn't want to hold our hands forever. That's why he said that he would bring the people who believed in him into a new world that he created just for us.

What you forget is that as long as this world exists, evil is going to exist to wipe out all progress. Until God removes the evil, we're all just going to see everything peak and then retract. As long as we have this back and forth (good vs. evil), we're never going to make real progress. For everything we invent, we're capable of using for both good and evil. You're never going to fully change the direction of men's hearts and ways without the Creator getting involved.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Why would we bring back the dead? We would just have to kill most of them all over again.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

okay but what if we are working for the greater good, and what if we abolish evil on Gods behalf.
I know mans heart is corrupt but what if we are able to sooth mans heart via technology not invented yet.
I get why you think technology will be our down fall because it only takes one person who wants to see the world burn take everything we achieved away.

The only thing that I think we should be worried about are evil aliens.

I think the true God is love and I think God would want us to take it to the limit.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I am thinking that bad people will be rehabilitated with some future mind fixing tech.
Also I am hoping that killing will eventually be a thing of the past.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Love the movie Vanilla Sky, but the thought of cryogenics and bringing people back seems awful to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Love the movie Vanilla Sky, but the thought of cryogenics and bringing people back seems awful to me.

I am talking about no body needed to get revived. I am talking about future humans somehow getting our DNA in the past and making a brand new bodys. I am thinking about 1000 years in the future, we didn't even have electricity or guns back in 1000 a d. new tech comes out fast and it is only going to come out faster at an exponentially faster rate unlike anything we have ever experienced once Artificial Intelligence becomes common place.
Besides it will be great as long as the future is peaceful. I get why it may seem scary.

If the future is horrible or a person revives you only to kill you over and over again the yea that would suck.. but I am optimistic.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Sounds like playing god; I prefer the natural order of things!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

okay but what if we are working for the greater good, and what if we abolish evil on Gods behalf.
I know mans heart is corrupt but what if we are able to sooth mans heart via technology not invented yet.

Not possible. Although I find it interesting that you think a machine might have the ability to appeal to ones emotions before another human being could.

I get why you think technology will be our down fall because it only takes one person who wants to see the world burn take everything we achieved away.

True. It's not that hard for one evil person to try and do.

The only thing that I think we should be worried about are evil aliens.

"Evil aliens" have the ability to infect the minds of humans. Evil is quite contagious.

I think the true God is love and I think God would want us to take it to the limit.

God is love, but he wanted us to come to the realization that we need him to take us to the limit. Unfortunately, many will never reach that realization in order to make it happen on this earth. That's why God prepared another place for us. A world and a life where evil is dead.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

science cures cancer making a person live longer, that is playing God.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I see where you are coming from but you can not have good without evil, there would be nothing to measure good against.
I get that God is the answer but we can at least try to make God proud by trying to mimic, he might be flattered by our initiative.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I’m all for curing cancer, not for living as AI for hundreds of years.

As in Vanilla Sky when the main character is revived, his loved ones and friends have already passed on. I believe certain people are in our lives for a reason. Plus I doubt with healthcare costs being what they are now it will see the light of day for most.

edit on 26-8-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from but you can not have good without evil, there would be nothing to measure good against.

The two can not reside side by side forever and make any progress. One will and has to overcome the other. Good will always win in the end. At some point, we will no longer need evil to measure anything, as all will be the way it should be.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I’m all for curing cancer, not for living as AI for hundreds of years.

As in Vanilla Sky when the main character is revived, his loved ones and friends have already passed on. I believe certain people are in our lives for a reason. Plus I doubt with healthcare costs being what they are now it will see the light of day for most.

When he is revived in Vanilla Sky at the last second you hear Penelope Cruz's voice telling Tom to wake up so it is debatable that they all passed on.

As for the price of health care, hopefully money will be a thing of the past or we will have so much it will be a nonissue thanks to mining asteroids and all that future space cash flow.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

The two can not reside side by side forever and make any progress. One will and has to overcome the other. Good will always win in the end. At some point, we will no longer need evil to measure anything, as all will be the way it should be.

idk some people are evil because of some circumstances like a bad childhood or something is wrong with their brain, hopefully they get a chance to be fixed. Is everyone going to be love or is it just the ones lucky enough who are lucky to be normal, it is sometimes not their fault.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I have had a long standing belief since I was little that the people of the future would revive everyone who has ever died into the future. I am talking about 1000 years from now.
This could be a back up plan if the afterlife turns out to be bad. If the afterlife is good would you be pissed that the people of the future took you out of eternal happiness?
Just looking to see what you all think and find holes that I am not seeing. Thanks

Then I finally found something on this website showing the things we would have to have in order to make this a possibility.

Get yourself a medical book with cadaver photos in it (dead bodies) in various stages of decomposition and types of trauma.

I doubt we will ever be able to reconstruct any of them...whether burn victim, gunshot, cancer, car crash...dead yesterday, 5 yrs ago, 100, 1,000 years dead...

Too much irrecoverable body and brain damage..some just a crumbled mess. I've seen them.

Once you look at a few photos? Rethink...and restate your theory...

MS
EMT
University of Michigan Medical Center
20 years

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: watchandwait410

Get yourself a medical book with cadaver photos in it (dead bodies) in various stages of decomposition and types of trauma.

I doubt we will ever be able to reconstruct any of them...whether burn victim, gunshot, cancer, car crash...dead yesterday, 5 yrs ago, 100, 1,000 years dead...

Too much irrecoverable body and brain damage..some just a crumbled mess. I've seen them.

Once you look at a few photos? Rethink...and restate your theory...

MS
EMT
University of Michigan Medical Center
20 years

You obviously didn't click the link.
Your current body has nothing to do with it, I am talking about a kind of time travel or picking a Universe according to m-theory and calculating where you are at the moment of death and getting your being.
No # bodies decay.
Thank you for your service.

The future is going to be so much advanced that right now will look like the stone age, is what I am saying.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I do think you are right
1000 years from now people will look back and think what the hell was the matter with you people .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join