It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Recycling Scam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Some of the plastic is recycable and much of the paper goods are recycled. They make ceiling tiles out of recycled newspapers. Here in America there are places that take and reprocess lots of these items, but contamination does cause problems much of the time. They are not taking glass now in our county till they figure out how to economically get it to the factories that recycle it. It is very heavy and often contaminated because of the present collection method. We are told to now stop the recycling of glass, it is not that environmentally toxic like the plastics and the ink in the paper products.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
actually I was told that they burn the recycle plastics most of the time

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The solution is simple , though the implementation might take some research.

Everything we make and produce should be compatible with our living system.

Leaves from trees on the floor is not seen as harmful or considered litter because it works with the living system.

Sometimes I think plastics are pushed to maintain additional income for the petroleum industry.

Biodegradable plastics are the way. Many manufacturers already make them. Maybe they can become even more sophisticated and degrade after a given length of time like a few years.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Wow, that’s hardcore.

I heard pidgeon is good too. I can’t imagine dressing an animal.

You bury the skulls? .. eek

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I never got the term dressing an animal. Technically you are undressing them.

a reply to: nOraKat

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I get 5 cents per bottle and cardboard in bulk is also bought at recycling centers.

China does not just fill holes. They will buy a million 5 gallon used plastic paint buckets, that are considered infected with dangerous toxins.

China will then recycle that plastic and turn it into plastic knives and forks and dollar store toys sold back to America.

There are certain levels of toxins each country uses. And u.s. is one of the most lenient

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Old Jed (well Buddy Ebsen) damn near died from his makeup test as the Tinman in the Wizard of Oz and was replaced by Jack Haley.

But possums “recycle” large dead animals by entering the rectum and chewing from the inside out. Give me great big gobs of greasy, grimey gopher guts and mutilated monkey meat any day of the week.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Read ALL the links in the OP. Poland is filling holes, and China has stopped importing contaminated waste....so it is backing up in the ports or wherever.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Bear is the better pork.
Is it? I have a couple of chops in the freezer, but I hear it can taste wicked gamey!

originally posted by: Ahabstar
But possums “recycle” large dead animals by entering the rectum and chewing from the inside out. Give me great big gobs of greasy, grimey gopher guts and mutilated monkey meat any day of the week.

edit on 25-8-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: dagnabbit!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You are from Ohio and never ate an opossum? If you can get one with babies, even better, you can deep fry the little suckers. Yum Yum. Now Racoons, never liked those too much.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Oddly enough I was discussing this with a work colleague several weeks ago and the prospect of all that plastic making islands into the ocean. My question was how does that much plastic get there? It is not just juice bottles and straws that inadvertently get blown off the beach into the sea. There are lots of different plastic objects making these islands. Instead of banning poly bags and straws, why are the governments not trying to trace where all this rubbish is coming from? Could it be dumped from cruise ships? Or maybe the very barges who are paid to take it to places like China but dump it way off shore to save the cost of fuel and time it takes to get to China whilst going back to a different port to be paid to haul another barge of waste. This kind of thing gets done on land on a small scale where rogue companies are paid by a resident for disposing of their hedge, old bathroom units, furniture etc which then gets dumped at the side of a rural road instead of being taken to the recycle centre. I see this happening a lot.
edit on 26-8-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Earth itself recycles everything of the Earth - always has, always will.

Plastic, or anything else, is made of materials which have always been on Earth. It doesn't appear out of nowhere. It's not junk dropped from space, or whatever.

Garbage cannot ruin the Earth. Everything called 'garbage' IS from Earth.

The whole point of recycling is to make companies more profitable. It has nothing to do with saving the planet, or the environment. That's the REAL garbage, in fact.

Since they claim recycling is for the good of our planet, we gladly pay money for it. Let's all save the whales.

Environment is in peril, so pay up and save it. Carbon tax.

The news shows there is a gigantic garbage patch in the ocean, which is getting bigger and bigger all the time. See, that's what happens if we don't all start to 'recycle' all our plastic bottles!!

Garbage has become a massive lily pad, magnetically pulling independent garbage in, where it will float around with all the other garbage, forever.

It's a beautiful story.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

SnF OP.. Its not a great situation at all - but please bear in mind, this is not the people's fault. Everyone has been trained, conditioned and programmed to live in a disposable society - its normal to most people. The fault is with corporate dictatorship.. TPTB should be held accountable for the immense detrimental effects that their actions have had on OUR home. And its not just our home, this Earth is home to millions and millions of species. We as one species have no right to destroy anothers..

Where I live they now don't even recycle. We still have to recycle our tins/plastics etc - but they now just go into landfill..... Its rubbish!!

I do as much as I can, buy very little, only what I need and I hate throwing anything away...

I hope this changes....

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You GO GIRL!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

You are talking about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. There is one in the Atlantic as well.

response.restoration.noaa.gov...

They aren't actual islands though, just massive areas twice the size of France where the plastic gets trapped in a vortex and creates a much higher PPM than normal.

I could see unscrupulous people doing just that...but look at those vids of the Japanese Tsunami and the amount of trash that pulled out into the ocean. It has taken decades to make that amount of pollution though.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Ummm, yeah. If there were negative stars on this site I would give you one.

Old airfields are so contaminated with oil/fuel/other chemicals that you cannot build homes on them. And what about that nuclear fuel being dumped by the Fukashima plant. Loads of examples.

Even microbeads are turning up in your fish.
www.independent.co.uk...

Honestly man. Plastic is not of nature.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

I beg to differ. It IS our fault. We elect TPTB over and over. Look how much traction David Attenborough got with the Blue Plant 2 films.

The trouble is...95% of peeps don't care until it affects their backyard.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

You are talking about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. There is one in the Atlantic as well.

response.restoration.noaa.gov...

They aren't actual islands though, just massive areas twice the size of France where the plastic gets trapped in a vortex and creates a much higher PPM than normal.

I could see unscrupulous people doing just that...but look at those vids of the Japanese Tsunami and the amount of trash that pulled out into the ocean. It has taken decades to make that amount of pollution though.

Yeah those are the ones, and I know they are not actually islands, but are the size of islands. Yes it has taken a while to build, but I still think the main cause is illegal dumping. It was only because of a fairly recent article about China stopping importing our rubbish that I realised that we as a nation were not actually recycling all the stuff we are more or less being forced to separate into our different bins. I was quite outraged at that.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

we arent parasites, we are human beings , who just arent conscious enough of the crimes we are committing for our own satisfaction now in the present!

we dont care about consequences, we just want everything at our fingertips now, wealth, freedoms, ease of use !

the only reason this # isnt getting sorted is because someone somewhere is losing money from it !

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

hey check this out

DIY plastic recylcing

looks really cool and a good way to make money from plastic waste

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join