It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Recycling Scam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: CharlesT

Dude roadkill is a great way to get a lot of decent meat. In Oklahoma if you hit a deer and the police tell you that you can take it then you do. Same with raccoon and most other animals. Armadillo not so much because it is illegal to eat that now but......on a backroad and no one around and if you can stomach the thought. It is really REALLY good!

In Montana now if you hit a critter, you just butcher it and the next day fill out the tag online.

I have friends now with well drill casing front brush guards. For the occasional Elk.

Sunday on my drive back from Sedona I almost nailed an Elk on my way out. Now if I had my old truck wouldn’t have been a problem but I was in my Buick Verano. That Elk would have most definitely f#ed my car up
Olso I forgot how big they are!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Lumenari

I was in Great Falls 4 years....100 below in winter. I remember washing my car in my shorts and no shirt when it hit the 40's..lol Jeezus that was cold there.

I said Western Montana... lol

Anything Eastern Montana is a winter deathtrap... I say this as someone who lives in Western Montana but works on the Bakken oil patch in North Dakota... ~bbrrrr~

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

A Buick! So just to profile you, you gotta be 80+, white, wealthy, and don't recycle your plastic. amirite?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Or a Moose. Although they normally write off a truck so that may not be a good tradeoff. Moosemeat is the bomb though, and Blackbear is good as well.

I ate some Beaver once and I gotta tell ya, it was lip-smackin delicious.

But see, wild critters don't require plastic. See how this works.

I have never had bear of any kind. But I love all meats so I imagine that would be pretty tasty! I want to try all the meats of the world.....besides human flesh obviously.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Actually I followed the chain of custody for my community's (Tampa Bay) curbside recycling program some years back. First it went to a sort facility off of 50th and Hillsborough. The paper goods we're compressed and loaded on flatbeds by the truckload and delivered to a place that used to be called smurfit (name has changed) somewhere between 30th and 34th near MLK Blvd. The plastic was picked up by specific extruders in the Southeast who would process it back into the pellets for sale to manufacturers on the open market. The glass was basically sold in a similar fashion. The aluminum and steel were not as easy to track. much of the aluminum iirc was picked up by domestic manufacturers. But almost all the steel cans/bottles simply went to the port, where much of it likely did end up the way your op mentions.

But no, I discovered most of this city's curbside recycling is sold off domestically. It was a pet project of mine back in 2009 I think.

So I can still feel good about recycling. Im sure you just want an excuse to be hard headed and rationalize the belief of it being more effort than it is worth.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

A Buick! So just to profile you, you gotta be 80+, white, wealthy, and don't recycle your plastic. amirite?

HAHAHA close but I’m 30 and am white. I wouldn’t say wealthy by any means but am well off. And my car is super fun to drive! I feel like I’m in a jet when I drive. I do recycle but now I believe all that is going to help build islands and what not.

Also my gas mileage is amazing

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thats more West than East...LOL. Its on the cusp dammit. I have done that train ride from ND to Great Falls, and anyway, peeps that live in ND are insane. Cold, flat, I mean mind-numbing cold and flat.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What cracks me up is they charge us for the purple bin and we throw money in it for them . I just use mine for trash now they want it they can sort it , Well what's left over from the trash diggers at least . If you bought yourself a trash truck you could make a killing picking up the recycle bins before the city gets them lol

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Ahhh, you busted me....hard headed indeed. Of course I provided links and...well...you did not, so I take your "research" as just being hard headed .

Notice what I did there????

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Shut the Frank up! NOBODY in the history of mankind has EVER driven a Buick that is under the age of 76. It's a fact so you must be makin it up.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Wait, you throw money in purple bins? Where do you live, I got a pick-up truck and time......

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Shut the Frank up! NOBODY in the history of mankind has EVER driven a Buick that is under the age of 76. It's a fact so you must be makin it up.

I got a really good deal on it man. It’s sleek, black and has all the gizmos. It’s a 2015 model and actually looks nice. And ALMOST paid off
Maybe I am a old man and a child at the same time?!? It can happen ya know.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Or a Moose. Although they normally write off a truck so that may not be a good tradeoff. Moosemeat is the bomb though, and Blackbear is good as well.

I ate some Beaver once and I gotta tell ya, it was lip-smackin delicious.

But see, wild critters don't require plastic. See how this works.

I have never had bear of any kind. But I love all meats so I imagine that would be pretty tasty! I want to try all the meats of the world.....besides human flesh obviously.

Bear is the better pork.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'm pretty close to that presently. Getting there.

Bally, nice post.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

well to a true capitalist out there this sounds like a great place to make some money, start a recycling processing plant you could make a killing now

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

My exact thoughts on possum...you see me eating one then you know for a fact I am in a very desperate situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
The only way to get rid of plastic is to burn it but that's not environmentally practical either.

Funny thing is that they talk about "carbon capture" from the atmosphere, but plastic is hydrocarbon chains, so they already have the carbon in solid form.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Dude roadkill is a great way to get a lot of decent meat. In Oklahoma if you hit a deer and the police tell you that you can take it then you do. Same with raccoon and most other animals. Armadillo not so much because it is illegal to eat that now but......on a backroad and no one around and if you can stomach the thought. It is really REALLY good!

There are restaurants near me called
Wait for it

"Road Kill BBQ" and "Road Kill Cafe"
I kid you not
Some of the best country cooking in Georgia...
Or , used to be. I haven't been there in some time.

edit on 8/24/18 by Gothmog because: Forgot to add the other

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Plastic ?
How bout all those mandatory CFL light bulbs ?
That mercury gonna hit the water table....
Hard

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well, Jed doesn't think so.

Kind regards,

bally

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join