It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very cool F/A18 video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but this is a very nice vid of an F18 breaking the sound barrier.

home.swbell.net...

Good stuff

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
#1 Yes, its a cool video
#2 Its not an F18, its an F14
#3 Its not breaking the sound barrier, thats an effect of moisture

[edit on 22-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is another cool video of a F-14 going supersonic less then 100 feet above the water. www.big-boys.com...
Turn the sound up, you can here the sonic "boom"

[edit on 22-2-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Any idea WHY the moisture cone is seen or why it happens?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Air density caused by the pressure wave. Same reason why you see a fog created within an aircraft cabin when depressurisation happens at altitude. The pressure drops, making the air unable to sustain the suspension of the water molecules.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why mut people bring science into an aircraft forum, they have nothing in common :rollseyes:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paladin327
Why mut people bring science into an aircraft forum, they have nothing in common :rollseyes:

Please tell me you are joking....

By the way, skippy, that effect of moisture I believe happens when an aircraft breaks the sound barrier. A cloud forms around the aircraft.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No way that plane was going that fast in that video, and it happened twice if you look closely. You telling me it jumped from mach 1 to mach 2 in a 100 yards? Now thats a plane!

Nah, there are photos of the B2 experiencing this effect, and that plane cant hit mach 1 in a dive with a rocket strapped to its back
Ill try to find one.

top topics

join