It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan the deceiver or not ..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Whatever you may choose to believe, good must be greater than evil. If that were not true, we would all be destroyed.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What if Adolf Hitler had a kitten?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Yep... Lucifarianism

Lucifer (the light bringer) wanted man to have knowledge and be happy.

God, on the other hand, is like the government. Wanting people to be stupid and at ends with each other.

No, the devil wanted to kill and condemn mankind and dethrone God.

edit on 22/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

God's mislead worshippers are the ones who threaten eternal damnation, not God himself.

if you know anything about the Bible you know that God Himself has established hell and set the ground rules for who goes.

I'm curious as to whom you consider to be God's non-misled worshipers.

'the thief comes to steal, and kill, and destroy; I come that you might have life, and life more abundant.' that is the essence of the difference between satan and God.

btw lucifer was satan's original identity and position ('light bearer'). he lost his position by rebellion. how foolish.
edit on 22-8-2018 by ElGoobero because: clarify

edit on 22-8-2018 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Great Day
We are also taught to beg/suplicate for blessings or help. Why would a God of love need anyone to beg him, or afraid of him. A decent human being see's someone who needs help is going to just help....not make the person in need beg.

where in the Bible does God ask anyone to beg? list the verses please because I would like to read them. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It is very easy to see that YOU have been deceived. Pretty severely too. (If you believe Satan is some good guy).

Satan hates all human beings with a kind of hatred that no human being can even comprehend fully.

It doesn't matter those who think they can "become his friend" by doing evil, because in the end, you will become just fodder for him to enjoy the suffering he will inflict upon those so deceived, (if you don't repent and seek deliverance from Christ).

The days are numbered my friend. The blinders on are heavier than ever and our chances of getting through any more are slim to almost non-existant.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

Everything has to have an opposite. I can believe there may be a creator but the biblical stuff is pure nonsense. Stories

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

God's mislead worshippers are the ones who threaten eternal damnation, not God himself.

I do not wish eternal damnation on anyone. I wish everyone would accept Christ before it's too late.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

According to a book written by men.

...men guided/inspired by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It is very easy to see that YOU have been deceived. Pretty severely too. (If you believe Satan is some good guy).

Satan hates all human beings with a kind of hatred that no human being can even comprehend fully.

It doesn't matter those who think they can "become his friend" by doing evil, because in the end, you will become just fodder for him to enjoy the suffering he will inflict upon those so deceived, (if you don't repent and seek deliverance from Christ).

The days are numbered my friend. The blinders on are heavier than ever and our chances of getting through any more are slim to almost non-existant.

So if the doorway is getting smaller and smaller, the majority of us will never see heaven? Doesn't that bother you at all?

We were all sitting in heaven perfectly content. Then we decided to make the plunge with our chances of getting back through the pearly gates slim to none. How does that make any sense.

Isn't god perfect? So that means if he created us, we are exactly what they intended. So they intentionally damned us to all eternity. Now they demand respect and obedience?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

It will never be too late. You people been saying that for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Says who?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
They say Satan is the great deceiver of mankind and we are taught this by God's followers , What if Satan is actually the good guy and God is the deceiver and has had everyone fooled through out the ages ? I mean realistically we are being threatened to worship and follow God , What kind of supreme being would need to do that ? We hear nothing from Satan's side and he's not threatening us to worship him or else . Why did God not want us to eat from the tree of knowledge but Satan did ?

This has always puzzled me how God earned the faith by saying bad things about Satan and not vice versa .

I'm not religious but I understand something has to make nothing and I will find out what it is someday.

~I believe one of the reasons God earned all the faith He has was by keeping his word whenever He promised something to someone. Also, I don't feel threatened into worshipping or believing in God but am rather glad that He has sent warnings about how not to walk into an evil destiny that will never end.

~I believe you hear from "satan's side" every day - murder, suicides, drugs, demon possession stories, etc.

~satan does want people to bow down and worship him. He decieves us into thinking he will give us anything we want if we do. he has always been jealous of God and hates God's people. When he tempted Jesus 3 times on the mountain...the third time he said:

Matthew 4:8-11
8 Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; 9 and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.’” 11 Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

2 Corinthians 11:14
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Again just a book. No evidence whatsoever. In fact god has done nothing for 2000 years.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
They say Satan is the great deceiver of mankind and we are taught this by God's followers , What if Satan is actually the good guy and God is the deceiver and has had everyone fooled through out the ages ? I mean realistically we are being threatened to worship and follow God , What kind of supreme being would need to do that ? We hear nothing from Satan's side and he's not threatening us to worship him or else . Why did God not want us to eat from the tree of knowledge but Satan did ?

This has always puzzled me how God earned the faith by saying bad things about Satan and not vice versa .

I'm not religious but I understand something has to make nothing and I will find out what it is someday.

Believe what you want to believe. It is your life and no one is going to convince you. You have already made your mind up.
No one is twisting your arm to believe anything. You have heard the gospel here many times, accept it or not.

The seperation of the goats from the sheep continue.....

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Isn't god perfect? So that means if he created us, we are exactly what they intended. So they intentionally damned us to all eternity. Now they demand respect and obedience?

And God gave you free will to choose and you have chosen a side.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I've had this discussion many times with Christians with never a satisfying answer given.

I ask them to show where Satan/Lucifer or whatever in the Bible is doing evils to mankind.
They can't.

Nearly everything bad that happens to people in the bible via supernatural means is the work of God.
Old and New Testaments.

God says love and worship me or else. Even Post-Jesus. Give yourself to me 100% based on nothing but faith or go to hell for at least between now and the end of days (yeah Hell aint eternal apprently.)
But of course you must just love and worship him unconditionally, not out of fear or anything.

Kind of hard to not be fearful of an omnipotent being who has complete control over your eternal soul, especially when you look at his past and future track records.

He's kicked his kids out of home and taken their immortality for making a mistake.
He's nuked cities. Turned wives to pillars of salt for simply 'looking back'.
He's made people suffer horribly and killed simply to win a bet with the devil. Like Marty McFly responding to being called a chicken.
Ordered people to kill their kids to show their loyalty only to say "haha psyche, you don't gotta kill them now I know you would."
He's killed billions with a flood.
and much more.

And before you say "oh but Jesus changed all that. God's on his meds now."
Look at Revelations and the 'End Times' and what God's plan for us into the future is. (Especially if you're not one of his 'chosen people')
Beasts, plagues, famines, war, zombie armies and more with the eventual literal glassing of the planet and all that remains on it.
Memory wipes for all on death, and while everyone get's immortality, those of us who are not his 'chosen' will be stuck living essentially as we are now, but forever. Always outside his city looking in. No matter how good we were, no matter how faithful.
In the end everything kind of counters we have free will when this egotistical, needy, attention seeking super deity controls everything we do. Pulls our strings right to the end.

It's all there in his own words.

But what about the devil? Well we only have one side of that story. God's side.
There's no book dedicated to Lucifers testimony to how things went down.
Whenever he shows up in the bible he is always offering mankind things. No strings attached. Or he offers up an exchange. Hey worship me, get a free country.
He's okay with humans having # that useless to life and survival like TV's, Computer and shows like Jersey Shore.
Under God all our tech and other materialistic things will be gone. Heck God doesn't even like a joke and you can only dance and sing if it's dedicated to him.

I don't see Lucifer doing anything terrible to people until Revelations. But then again those terrible things seem to be part of God's ultimate plan. That same God who supposedly see all, knows all and created everything.
If he created everything, then who really is it unleashing swarms of locust with faces like people and tails like a scorpion to torture us?
Who is it turning rivers to blood and drying up oceans in the future?

Who's plan is it to ultimately kill us all, destroy the Earth and build everything a new including us with our personalities stripped out to be mindless worshipping sheep?
God or Lucifers?

Look at 'visions' of God on his throne. Heaven is a toy box under his seat where we await in standby mode. And everyone else present and witnessed is doing nothing but bowing, praising and worshipping God.
They have no other life than that.

Unconditional love? bwahahahaha.
I love my children unconditionally. For better or worse I love them and always will with no expectations of them.

God's unconditional love is based on you loving him unconditionally, otherwise GTFO.
His love is full of conditions. First and foremost you must dedicate your entire life to the worship and loving of him.
It's anything but unconditional.

And I could go on.
I've read old and new testaments, and a few spin off books and honestly God always comes off in them as being the biggest, most selfish, douchebag in the universe.

In comparison Lucifer honestly comes off as the lesser of the 2 evils.
(and despite seeing all and knowing how # would go down with Lucy. He still made that guy.)

But of course he's infallible, he cannot make mistakes. It's always everybody elses fault.

Honestly if the Christian afterlife is real, or if any major religions belief is the right one, I just want to be able to use my freewill and tell them all to piss off and let me live my after life my own way. (preferably with my mind intact.)

Spent an entire life having people trying to tell me how to live everyday of it and to worship them.
I don't need an eternity of that # to boot.
That would be the real hell for me.
edit on 23-8-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos as usual. probably more in there lol. but hey not like you'll actually read what I wrote.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
And God gave you free will to choose and you have chosen a side.

Is it freewill when our story is pre-written in the book of life?
If our lives are pre-written then we have no choice, no will, free or otherwise, as to the pre-determined path our life takes yes?

If that is so he didn't choose anything. It was chosen for him.

Is it freewill when the options are:
Do as I say, or go to hell.
Love me or go to hell.

You can use your freewill to be a good person, you can literally be a living saint, but if you do not use that freewill to worship and love god on top of being good you're #ed.
Is that really freewill?

No. No it's not.
edit on 23-8-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo or two

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Get Thee Behind Me, Satan!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I think satan is whom the Catholics worship,all the furniture in the Vatican,any reliefs etc,their having a hand in the US and all governments,even spending billions to build a telescope they named"Lucifer",does this really need any explaining?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join