It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan the deceiver or not ..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I think satan is whom the Catholics worship,all the furniture in the Vatican,any reliefs etc,their having a hand in the US and all governments,even spending billions to build a telescope they named"Lucifer",does this really need any explaining?

Indeed................onward Christian soldiers...........going around stealing and killing people for not becoming their slaves.
Reminds me of that film 'Avatar'.
edit on 23-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You have to give to get in Satans world.
The more you want the more you must give, and
if you want allot eg, fame, fortune you will have to
sign a contract in blood and attend rituals.
Rituals so debaucherous the wicked details cannot be described.

The road to Satans world is lined with souls who are committed down its path. All of its
path lead to more and more rituals and enticing others down the path.

So chant when in doubt.
Satan is not my equal. Satan I own.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Is it freewill when our story is pre-written in the book of life?

God has the foreknowledge to know everything you're going to do before you do it, it doesn't mean that He didn't allow you to make those decisions for yourself. He holds all knowledge that's not limited to time.

Knowing that some people were going to accept Him and others would reject Him, is it your thought that God shouldn't have created the world or the people in it in order to spare the ones who He knew would reject Him?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I ask them to show where Satan/Lucifer or whatever in the Bible is doing evils to mankind.

They can't.

There's plenty, but the book of Job in the Bible comes to mind. While God allowed Satan to tempt Job and take everything away from him short of taking his life, God provided Job with a new life that was more abundant than the first after it was all over.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Listen to the world closely to see that its filled
with the voice of the creator.
Satan and who is he? The hustler, always trying to lead you to
hand over your soul to him.
Complicity he draws his strength from and
so being complicit makes him more strong.
Them who are slaves for Satan then you are not knights
of Gods round table.
And what is it they chant around the table.
Weaken Satan, Weaken Satan.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I kind of find Lucifer, and the way Jesus claims to be the Light bearer is akin to Promotheus, the titan that gave man fire, and was punished by god(zeus) to be bound and have his guts eaten day n day out.

Satan might as well be that of Cereberus or Zeus lightning bolt with a mind of it own. Just point him the direction, he will wreak havoc. Or maybe it Hermes just playing tricks.
edit on 23-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I kind of find Lucifer, and the way Jesus claims to be the Light bearer is akin to Promotheus, the titan that gave man fire, and was punished by god(zeus) to be bound and have his guts eaten day n day out.

Lucifer was a light bearer who fell as outlined in Isaiah 14.

Jesus was the "Bright and Morning Star". Lucifer was just a "son of the morning".

Isaiah 14:12

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Lucifer was just an underling who wanted the power of God.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Thanks for getting to the real meat of what I am saying.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The real meat is that good and evil can not reside side by side forever. Either choose God (life) or choose Satan (death). If you're more content with death, that's your choice. The problem is that people don't want black and white options. They want to be able to choose every shade of gray that's inbetween, but that only weakens the definition of truth and all that's good.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: TruthJava

Again just a book. No evidence whatsoever. In fact god has done nothing for 2000 years.

how about restoring Israel as a nation?

find me a people that have maintained their identity for 2000 years IN EXILE and been re-established in their homeland.

as prophesied.

‘For behold, the days are coming,’ says the LORD, ‘that I will bring back from captivity My people Israel and Judah,’ says the LORD. ‘And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.’ ” Jer 30:3 NKJ

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

And does "Noah" read a whole like Gilgamesh re dux?

Nobody gets that fact that 'The Quorum™' got together and removed ALL the feminine principles, so there isn't any balance...

It is ALL Mr Yang who suffers from 'micro penis syndrome' and if they were around today they'd be driving a BIG RED TRUCK

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Lucifer was a light bearer who fell as outlined in Isaiah 14.

Jesus was the "Bright and Morning Star". Lucifer was just a "son of the morning".

Isaiah 14:12

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Lucifer was just an underling who wanted the power of God.

I think it depends on what Lucifer we and the texts are trying to depict. There the symbolic reference to the planet venus and it many other personifcation throughout various myths. Then there Jesus claiming to be "He", then there a verse or two that claim that Lucifer was the last king of Babylon before it fell.

As for the eden story, I'd like to know if the serpent is actually labeled/named as either one, Satan an Lucifer where I don't think it is. From what I'm seeing, it very two different characters that some how got mashed due to pagan origins an demonization.

The Devil is the details.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The serpent is forked tongued............it's language is divisive and deceptive.
The wholeness of God is complete but gets overlooked because of speaking.

edit on 23-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That the way bible like to depict it, whether the serpent a strange little voice that got inside Eves head, or is a trickster is up for debate.

Thing is Serpents, or snakes are widely revered across many other cultures and are associated and symbolized with wisdom or even intelligentence. In one bible verse regarding the bronze serpent, it is said that the son of man(Jesus) is to be placed at the same status.

I believe that serpent also played a very similar role to messengers like Platos Daimons, the Angel's in Christianity an Islam, similar to that of Hermes, who is symbolized with a winged serpent I believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Re: "Wasn't both Jesus and Lucifer referred to as "Morning Star"

www.truelife.org...

We SHOULD pay heed as this was written by a guy who makes His living by Preaching.

Worship = War Ship

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
Gee. That's a tough one. Are you serious? John 8:44. Amazing that one of God's most primal complaints is against all liars, which He is not and has never been, but all of you have been liars, as well as the devil you emulate. They say there's no stupid question, but, clearly, that's debatable. Your comfort is going to be fleeting, calling God a liar, even if, perhaps especially if, you're trolling around His good name.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

That is a great post.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is a really good question and it would make a great movie! What a twisted ending!

I just don't ask these kinds of questions.
The God that I believe in gives me focus and clarity. Strength when I need it, patience when I need it. He's given me more abilities than I can count. He's given me choices and little messages along the way to help me choose the right path. I've always had God in my head and in my heart since I can remember. He provides me with the words, thoughts and actions necessary to create my reality. My God doesn't demand a thing, he doesn't make me feel guilty or afraid, he doesn't command worship... he's given me the free will to do all of those things because I feel it in my heart. He's more concerned with how I treat other living beings, all living beings. In terms of the question of proof... well why is it so difficult to believe in something you have no proof of? I loved my mom, she's passed on, can I prove that I loved her? Nope. That doesn't mean my love for her didn't exist. On the other hand... ever take a look at some of the beauty in this world and get so filled up with awe and love that you can't even speak? That's all the proof I need. Conversely, ever read a story about some kind of horrific child abuse or animal abuse, of people starving, fighting, hurting each other? That's Satan. It's simple really... there is just good and evil. All you have to do is pick one. In the end all I can really say is if you're pissed off at your God, if you doubt your God, if you feel like your God makes unnecessary and cruel demands upon you? Then you picked the wrong God.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Well yes they are, although the only connection that they have is a few verses that Jesus claims to be the morning star...whatever that means?

Satan and Lucifer, I beleive they just got mashed together, as to how, monotheism disposition to polytheism.

Also the modern depiction of Satan, the little red monkey/goat devil with a trident look nothing like his Hebrew counterpart, and I think that form of him was meant to mock Satan by Christainity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join