It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla / Firefox goes all in for EVIL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Full Title: Mozilla / Firefox goes all in for EVIL… pushes corporate news collusion to silence independent media

Remember the day you found out Google was steeped in pure evil? So you sought out a different browser to escape the evil overlords that run Chrome.

Many of us sought out Firefox from Mozilla, an organization with a strong history supporting free speech and open access to information.

But now Mozilla has joined the dark side. They’re jumping in bed with pure evil, pushing an “Information Trust Initiative” that would block independent media sources at the browser level while favoring corporate media giants like CNN, a cesspool of deliberately fake news.

It is getting harder and harder to access a free and open internet. We are being censored by corporate tech companies, ISPs and now even our software choices.

I have become more and more dismayed as our once great country that originally supported the free and open exchange of ideas as it becomes more and more like Communist China.

Fortunately, there are two browser alternatives suggested that are not funded by big Government or corporate interests. Brave which is run by a pro-freedom group that supports small, independent publishers. Also, suggested is Vivaldi which is run by a small independent group.

Personally, I also suggest using the search engine Duck, Duck, Go as a web service thwt doesn’t filter your results and doesn’t track your search history.

Our freedom is under assault like never before and the sitting down of free speech is an important step in the Globslists plans to enslave humanity.

Sou rce
edit on 2018/8/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What happens on the internet will come to us in real life. We haven"t seen anything yet.
edit on 16-8-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We knew Mozilla was lost when the PC Brigade took down the CEO for supporting gay marriage:

Why Mozilla's CEO had to resign over gay marriage

And this:

Mozilla CEO threatens to fire person responsible for anonymous hate speech on Reddit

I'm not familiar with Brave or Vivaldi browsers... but I suspect if they're any good, and they get achieve any popularity among the masses, they'll be targeted as well. Sooner or later. One way or another.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I recommend Palemoon.

It's an up to date fork of Firefox from a version before they decided to get all #edy. I switched to it a while back after Firefox stopped allowing unsigned addons and haven't looked back.

Main features:

Optimized for modern processors

Based on our own optimized layout engine (Goanna)

Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated

Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development

Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit

Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface

Support for full themes: total freedom over any element's design

Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)

Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing

Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes

Support for many Firefox extensions

Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions

Extensive and growing support for existing web standards

Many customization and configuration options

edit on 16/8/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
brave and Vivaldi use chromium, owned by google.

and duckduckgo will only give you their word they don't pass on your data.

I recommend Palemoon.

whilst a good browser, its run and maintained by one person.
would you trust your internet security to one person?
edit on 16-8-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I read the article and watched the video. I do not find it credible. It's pure speculation of what Mozilla MIGHT do according to one guy who is jumping to conclusions before Mozilla has done anything. They are interested in fighting fake news. Anybody got a problem with that? And consider the source and its other articles.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh, I thought you were talkin' about "MoZella".

This girl blows Kelly Clarkston off the map!

Major writer for acts like Miley Cyrus, Kelly Clarkston, Madonna, and many others!

Take a listen...

Yeah, she's all that!

edit on 8/16/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

As long as there is a switch in the configuration file to modify or disable this behavior I'll stick with Firefox. I've premptively disabled DNS over HTTPS (DoH) until I have more time to consider other options. I'm not really comfortable with sending all my DNS queries to CloudFlare.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Take a walk on the wild side....freedom of expression at it's most gnarly.

turbofuture.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I recommend Palemoon.

It's an up to date fork of Firefox from a version before they decided to get all #edy. I switched to it a while back after Firefox stopped allowing unsigned addons and haven't looked back.

Main features:

Optimized for modern processors

Based on our own optimized layout engine (Goanna)

Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated

Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development

Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit

Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface

Support for full themes: total freedom over any element's design

Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)

Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing

Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes

Support for many Firefox extensions

Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions

Extensive and growing support for existing web standards

Many customization and configuration options

Awesome! Thank you for the recommendation.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Don't fret,

The Blockchain Internet will Soon be here

While everything will be monetized, as in, you pay per page, you also can't censor the chainwax, blam.

Opera and firefox were cool to start, but when chrome rolled out their free office wannabes, they had me, then search console and analytics with free api usage, duh, sign my soul up, i like data...

But ultimately, the way we consume the internet will change drastically over the next 20 years, in increments as we nest ever so closely to a physical virtual digitized version of the very landscape you interact with daily, the world 2.0.

Meshworked together via blockchains, ISPs and even more networking protocols yet to be established, but freedom will never die, infact, we have and will continue to gain even more freedoms for ourselves and for our other " silenced " brothers and sisters!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
They are interested in fighting fake news. Anybody got a problem with that?

Well, I do. My browser goes where I tell it to go, not the people who wrote it.

Would you be ok, if your car wouldn't stop at certain addresses due to fords personal policies? "Just ensuring you have a safe journey, sir! That is a bad neighbourhood!"

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I use start page.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't trust any web browser which comes with an SSDP server pre-installed. I run wireshark to monitor my internet traffic, and I could just not find out which process was sending out SSDP broadcasts. Found a nice utility that mapped ports to processes. Then discovered that Firefox had a SSDP server running. Chrome had an SSDP server pre-installed and running, even thought I had never actually started it up. So I uninstalled that. SSDP is used to allow media player devices like smart TV's to stream the contents of your screen direct from your video card. A badly configured firewall would allow those to leak out across the Internet. I knew a contractor at work was able to see the contents of my screens (both in Linux and Windows) whenever they were connected to the Internet, so I spent weeks researching this.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

They are interested in fighting fake news. Anybody got a problem with that?

I certainly do. Who decides what's "fake news" and "real news"? I don't know if you've noticed, but the term "fake news" has largely lost it's meaning the moment everyone started throwing it at any source of news that directly/indirectly causes damage to their pre-conditioned beliefs. Ultimately I don't trust others to decide what is "fakes news" and what is not - I'm capable of determining that for myself. *IF* Mozilla do indeed take action as outlined in the OP - it's pure censorship through-and-through, which is completely against what they set out to achieve with Firefox in the first place - and will drive many away to use alternative browsers (myself included).
edit on 16/8/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Use Opera.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I read the article and watched the video. I do not find it credible. It's pure speculation of what Mozilla MIGHT do according to one guy who is jumping to conclusions before Mozilla has done anything. They are interested in fighting fake news. Anybody got a problem with that? And consider the source and its other articles.

The point is no one tells me what sites I can see and what I can’t. As long as it isn’t illegal I expect to be a free man and to engage in the free exchange of ideas.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Scratch your ID chips off, cuz everybody owns em...

if you're that paranoid, run a virtual OS version of kali linux and read up on the wireshark tut.

but really, a _javascript blocker will work for a good bit of it, the rest if a madlibs book of " choose your own path "

the funnier part is, your data can be obtain indirectly by other means, it always is a matter of effort and value.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Tranceopticalinclined because: boobs

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i quit using firefox after that CEO was run out for giving political donations as his conscious dictated. I quit using Opera when it was bought by a Chinese company.
I'm liking brave so far, and the BAT idea seems really interesting. If I'm not mistaken the former CEO of firefox is involved in brave.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The point is no one tells me what sites I can see and what I can’t. As long as it isn’t illegal I expect to be a free man and to engage in the free exchange of ideas.

Wait a few more years and watch how they destroy and commercialize the f out of the internet and mske it completely corporste controlled now that the neocon Republicans killed net neutrality .

edit on 07831America/ChicagoThu, 16 Aug 2018 21:07:39 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join