It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43% of Republicans say Trump should be allowed to shut down media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

That's some twitch you have there...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Stormdancer777

That's some twitch you have there...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

43% of people claiming to be republican (1003 people roughly) that were contacted for this poll..

NOT 43% of all republicans..

ETA: I guarentee that if you do a phone poll in certain areas you will be able to push that number higher, heck I bet you can get similar poll numbers with just roughly 1000 people surveyed of democrats supporting censorship.

edit on 7-8-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I’ve denounced CNN, MSNBC, certainly FOX, Hillary, and Obama so people here who defend Trump 100 percent of the time when he’s clearly out to lunch on a given issue are the ones who have problems with partiality and consistency.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

We disagree on most things, but yes I have seen you denounce both sides of the msm, and the previous administration on at least a few times that I caught.

So if folks are saying you never have they are mistaken.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

43% of people claiming to be republican (1003 people roughly) that were contacted for this poll..

NOT 43% of all republicans..

ETA: I guarentee that if you do a phone poll in certain areas you will be able to push that number higher, heck I bet you can get similar poll numbers with just roughly 1000 people surveyed of democrats supporting censorship.

Reading through it the poll contradicts itself so makes me wonder how the question was asked. However i will say republicans would be far more willing to censor the media. They jeep being told by Trump its fake news and that simply isn't true.
edit on 8/7/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

A leaked memo circulating among Senate Democrats contains a host of bonkers authoritarian proposals for regulating digital platforms, purportedly as a way to get tough on Russian bots and fake news.

To save American trust in "our institutions, democracy, free press, and markets," it suggests, we need unprecedented and undemocratic government intervention into online press and markets, including "comprehensive (GDPR-like) data protection legislation" of the sort enacted in the E.U.

Titled "Potential Policy Proposals for Regulation of Social Media and Technology Firms," the draft policy paper - penned by Sen. Mark Warner and leaked by an unknown source to Axios - the paper starts out by noting that Russians have long spread disinformation, including when "the Soviets tried to spread 'fake news' denigrating Martin Luther King" (here he fails to mention that the Americans in charge at the time did the same). But NOW IT'S DIFFERENT, because technology.

www.zerohedge.com...

Because there's such a stark difference between party policies and agendas.

ETA: This is a perfect example of the ongoing manipulation to foment and sustain division amongst the citizenry.

You diehard party loyalists are fools to say the least.
edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 07 Aug 2018 17:42:14 -05008pmTuesdayth05pm by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you're telling me a Republican dominated government is funding left leaning news in order to slander their own president? Lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
80% of americans have thier head up thier ***. Also I bet just as many democrats would be for removing conservative media. I'm independent and am for free speach whether I like it or not. Even if it's Alex Jones or CNN.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
double post
edit on 7-8-2018 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
80% of americans have thier head up thier ***. Also I bet just as many democrats would be for removing conservative media. I'm independent and am for free speach whether I like it or not. Even if it's Alex Jones or CNN.

If you can find a leftist who was outraged at Jones oust from Facebook et al, I'd be very surprised.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly. I'd like to see people for free speach across the board. Sadly we are too offended by words these days.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you're telling me a Republican dominated government is funding left leaning news in order to slander their own president? Lol.

I can believe it.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When a media organization actively promotes the abolishment of civil liberties. Promotes the questioning of the founding laws of this country (by which all "laws") must be in compliance. Then I'd say yes, pull their licenses! If the "broadcast media" truely had a "first amendment right"? They wouldn't need a "license" to exercise that "right". Why do you think "laws" are passed to turn "rights" into "licensed privilege"? If you accept a "license" to exercise your "right" you accept that it can be revoked. That's law! Not constitutional law. Nontheless, it's the same mucked up "color of law" that liberals keep trying to push on us.
So again. If they're spewing their unAmerican propaganda and not benefiting the good of the order? Yank their licenses! I see nor have a problem with this. They can go on YouTube who will proudly run their "news".

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Then 43% of Republicans also wish to say bye bye to freedom in general.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
edit on 7-8-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23655936]andy06shake[/pos
edit on 7-8-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Lets do it the old fashioned way. "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

So lets add up all the facebook twitter, youtube bans of conservative voices (and left wing MSM support of those bans), and then just to be fair, Trump can shut down an equal number of liberal entities. But they need to be equal in company value.

And the left wing entities have already done these all first, with no accountability so far.

That's fair right?
(Not that the left worries about fairness, except when it harms them).
edit on 7-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

The media are screwed up, but without such the alternative would be all of us being told only what "They" wish us to know.

That equates to absolute control, simple really.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That's fair right?

That's far right?

So do you want everyone blind and toothless.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join