It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is of God too, because God is LOVE, whether male or female (gender don't matter)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: howtonhawky

So do you believe the bible is the word of God

well that question itself has questions in itself

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

No.

Homosexuality is an act, not the person who does it. You need to separate the sin from the person. We are not how we choose to have sex. That does not define the totality of who we are.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you are saying homosexuality is a sin?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Akragon

Problem is they believe its written or dictated by the hand of God as opposed to man...

that makes no sense

most understand that man used writing to capture the word of God.

most also understand that most unbelievers think that believers have been duped.

Sure.. dictated or otherwise...

written by man, and thus subject to mans flaws

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Just because you try to change wording on something doesn't make it true,it is pretty explicite if you don't like the rules,join another group that has the same mindset,religion is not supposed to be comprimised

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Thankfully you're here to enlighten us about the age old question "why does god let bad things happen" like it's never been a serious question for theologians.

So you really think Jesus would reject a homosexual and contradict every single thing about his teachings?

He'll embrace a leper and a prostitute but for sure not a homosexual.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

He'll embrace a leper and a prostitute but for sure not a homosexual.

You meant he’d cure a leper, and would convert a prostitute. That’s what he did.. he never condoned prostitution once, but was quick to forgive the repentant.
edit on 30-7-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Yea the most famous line being whoevers without sin cast the first stone. So in other words we're all sinners and don't judge others.

I'm not even religious and I know this stuff.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Sheye

Yea the most famous line being whoevers without sin cast the first stone. So in other words we're all sinners and don't judge others.

I'm not even religious and I know this stuff.

There is a time and a place for quick judgement followed by action. I will judge a pedophile , when he/she is harming a child , and many other situations where morally corrupt individuals need stopping. If one of your family members was being beaten up by a street gang wouldn’t you be grateful for someone making the judgement to call police and perhaps intervene themselves ?

I think we really need to weigh out that peice of scripture in the context it was delivered. The crowds wanted to stone a woman to death for adultery. Jesus’s words saved her.

This world requires laws to function to a degree of normalcy. Even speeding laws are based on common sense. It requires judgement to stop dangerous drivers exceeding speed limits by ridiculous amounts, and putting others at danger.

As far as someone’s personal sex life , as long as it doesn’t involve minors, it’s their own business. I may not agree with it, but realize people are free to make their own choices. Please do not push propaganda at me , though...or try to indoctrinate my young children into your ways of viewing things.
edit on 30-7-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
I mean he went missing for 18 years. The most controversial and coveted person in the history of mankind goes missing for 18 years and NOBODY knew where he was ?

He was in India for those 'missing years' - learning about the message he came to share. Some believe that he returned to Kashmir after he was crucified and that he is buried in a tomb there....he was known as Esa/Issa in India.

edit on 30-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Everything I want to say about God and sexuality is in my thread on Marriage and the God of Life, and I won't go into it again now. (For the curious, the relevant portion is the paragraph on "disorders of sterility")

All I will say here is that the argument in the thread title is fallacious, because it's based on the ambiguity of the English language, i.e. the double meanings of the word "love".

The New Testament has at least three different ways of talking about love and affection.
There is PHILO, which is more about "liking". At least English here is less ambiguous than French, which doesn'r even distinguish between "love" and "like".
There is EROS, which is physical love.
Then there is AGAPE, which is the more charitable love which is identified as the nature of God, and recommended to Christians.

The line of argument sounds plausible when expressed in English; "God is love, so he must approve of all kinds of love".
But in New Testament terms, that translates into "God is AGAPE, so he must approve of all kinds of EROS", which is an obvious fallacy, a complete non-sequitur.

edit on 30-7-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Black face if I’ve ever seen it!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I think the Bible CLEARLY and repeatedly states it is a major sin..

Leviticus going way farther than sin..

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Thankfully you're here to enlighten us about the age old question "why does god let bad things happen" like it's never been a serious question for theologians.

God allows freewill, if God stepped in then many would complain God impinges on the gift (His image) that He gave to us
Why does God let bad things happen? Because love allows choice

Choice to follow God or to choose an alternative lifestyle like homosexuality

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Lol so why exactly does god care if people complain?!?

Even better and off topic , but so why did god choose to have his own son tortured and murdered to appease himself enough to not torture every member of humanity for all eternity???

On what planet does ANY of that make sense??

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Your looking for validation In The wrong place..

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Lol so why exactly does god care if people complain?!?

Even better and off topic , but so why did god choose to have his own son tortured and murdered to appease himself enough to not torture every member of humanity for all eternity???

On what planet does ANY of that make sense??

Complaint, where does it say God doesn't want complaint? what are you talking about, the bible is a book of complaints directed at God. God does care, He wants complaint

God didn't appease himself, that's like saying the judge locked up the murderer to appease himself
The judge works on behalf of the law
The law demands justice and can show mercy if fitting

This eternity believe you have, care to fill me in on what you believe?
edit on 30-7-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

A)The post I was replying to lol..

Your post unless I grabbed the wrong post in my reply...

B ) yea except this judge TOTALLY BY HIMSELF, built the courthouse, made the laws, chose the punishments, hell even built the world around the courthouse and has no constitution he is forced to follow.

C) my personal beliefs???

That every testable claim in the Bible has been debunked..

The creation myth? Debunked..

The Noah story?? Debunked

The census at jesus’s Birth??? Debunked

Any claim the Bible makes that we should still see the evidence for today, suspensiously doesn’t match the reality we see before us today.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Debunked to satisfy your beliefs
Not mine

So, God creates, makes laws for the creation and...
Oh wait, God isn't real, why go on then
I don't get the moaning
Move along

Why do this JC, why go on and on and on
If you really don't believe, really don't, why go on and on and on?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

How could they debunk your beliefs??

What experiment could they do where you would agree, “ok I was wrong it isn’t real”??

There are 1,000 testable claims in the Bible and they got like 1 thing right.. the universe had a beginning..

Which is WAY less than the margin of error lol.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join