It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Lets wait for him to man up then.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Musk is a joke... just another Capitalist "revolutionary techie"... laughable

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It's easy to point fingers, but anyone with a rational mind will look for answers. It would be easy to say he's rich and powerful, so lets hate him because he's probably bad.

A rational person won't attack or assume first hand, they will look for information pertaining to evidence. Not many people do that anymore.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SleepyDude

I never mentioned his financial situation, he gives enough "information" to know he is nothing but a joke

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: SleepyDude

I never mentioned his financial situation, he gives enough "information" to know he is nothing but a joke

When you're a Billionaire that sends a Tesla Car into space, it's kind of burned into your mind that the guy is endlessly wealthy, and that will undoubtably influence the outcome of any situation he happens to be engulfed in.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
it just goes to show that even great men can be as petty as any one of us.
From my understanding, Elon offered to help via twitter, they accepted the help.

Yes, the submarine idea was kinda dumb, but i'm sure someone like Elon has enough money and contacts to also come up with other ways of helping.
was the submarine idea a PR stunt, or just him spit-balling stuff? who knows?
still you shouldn't spit on someone that's trying to help.
On the other side, calling someone a pedophile is INCREDIBLY dangerous, it's the kind of stuff that ruins careers and breaks families, and is pretty much the worst thing you can call someone, to through such a vile jab at someone tells me that deep down you are a petulant child.

kinda disappointed by both of them, frankly

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

You said it better than I could have.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
my opinions on the technical sidde of the argument - and why mr musks " submarine " was a farce

i COULD compose a long technical response to this - but lets go simple with an analogy that everyone at ATS will understand and relate to :

the sofa moving problem :

EDIT :

vid direct

as embed returns error - dunno why

now the big question - is why didnt a man as alledgedly " smart " as mr musk - realise what his submarine farce was uttery unworkable - and why it would not work ????????????????

and more important - why did he not ask anyone who actuallly knew anything about caving // rescue // diving [ or if he did - totally ignore them ] ???

the scale of the obstacles [ there are more than one crux that a " submarine " of the dimensions built by mr musk - COULD NOT pass in the cave ] wwas known BEFORE mr musk made his " submarine offer "

so - it was an utterly pointless PR stunt // wankfest

edit on 16-7-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Is he saying anyone that is not a native of Thailand is a pedo Arthur C Clarke lived there

Publicity stunt back fired ! like trump blame someone else when all else fails

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sounds like defamation to me. Too bad the media picked it up before Musk deleted the tweets. Libel suit incoming?
edit on 16-7-2018 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Considering the smallest gap the divers had to go through was only 38 cms wide, the Submarine idea was totally impractical.

Musk was after publicity and he got shot in the foot.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleepyDude
a reply to: SummerRain

Lets wait for him to man up then.

Who? Musk? He lobbed a nuke, there is no manning up from it.

How is it that people are even considering that maybe he knows something we don't? Is that all it takes now for such accusations to stick? "He wouldn't say it, unless he knew something!"

That's a complete crock of crap. The only reason he said it, is because the guy moved to Thailand. Oh sure everyone loves to brag "Man, had the most awesome time in phuket!!" and no one says "Oh, Thailand huh? Go there for the boys?" But if it's in a heat of the moment tweet, we suddenly stroke our imaginary beards and go "Hmm, what if he's right!"

Bollocks.

Things like this really irk me. Even moreso when I see people actually considering it without any evidence whatsoever... so we wait and see if... if... if... Just because someone has $$$ and says something whilst butthurt.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Too much money (and the power that comes with it) damages the brains of peoples.
Especially the part where things the empathy, the understanding of reality and truth live. But the parts where megalomania lives seem to grow, with more money and power.

It looks like everything but Space X isn´t running so well for him.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Speaking of damage, the same can be said for not enough money.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This was, in simple terms, boys comparing their....personal areas. Mine's bigger than yours. It would seem so below these two professionals but boys will always be boys. Some never become men.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
There's no reason for Musk to put his reputation on the line like that, unless he knows something we don't.

Also suspicious that the "Media" unanimously claim that his attack is baseless without further investigation.

The account IS baseless. He went ahead and assumed the guy was a pedo because he's British and lives in Thailand? So in your opinion do all foreigners who live in Thailand do so for the boy sex? It's ok to just go ahead and do that? Especially if you're Elon Musk and you should know better?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What the hell was he thinking saying that!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think Mr. Unsworth is still resident in the U.K.
He spent time in Thailand exploring and mapping the cave systems but is not resident there.
Musk really screwed up big time throwing such a vile accusation, simply because he got his ego bruised.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Looks like Mr Unsworth is now considering suing Musk.

A British cave diver who helped rescue 12 Thai boys from deep within a cave has said he is considering suing tech entrepreneur Elon Musk.
In now-deleted tweets, Mr Musk had called Vern Unsworth a "pedo guy" after the cave expert ridiculed a mini-submarine built by Mr Musk for the rescue effort as a "PR stunt". Mr Unsworth told reporters on Monday that he was considering legal action.
"It's not finished," he told Australian network Channel 7

www.bbc.co.uk...

Lets hope he does, and wins.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
my thoughts on the legal implications // validity of the claims .

mr unsworths jibe was rather harsh - but - absolutly valid - musks " fantasy sub " was know to be utterly impractical BEFORE he even annoced it . mr unsworth has had to deal with a absolute barrage of inane // insane " ideasa " from idiots with zero clue about caves , divuing , rescue - so his patiernce has worn thin

as for mr musk - cock womble at large - its amazing thjat he slings out the peadophile accusation - within hours of mr unsworths interview going live [ and in DIRECT rebutal to mr unsworths insult about the submarine farce

now some ppeople are peadophiles - and do get acused of such behaviour BUT

musk haas offered ZERO eviddence for the claim - ANDD has deleted the allegation , further - TIMING - musk only made the accusation - after unsworth mmocked mmusks penile subsitute ... err ooops " submarine "`

go figure

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join