It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This all started IMO when one of the divers said, "Musk can take his sub and stick it where the sun don't shine" .... widely quoted by people talking about the sub.....Something very close to that as I do not have the exact quote... Well it would appear that Musk did not take kindly to that remark and fired back at one of the British divers calling him a Pedo on twitter.. I am sure Musk spent a lot of money trying get a working sub for the rescue.. But..I would go with those on sight in the cave who said it would not work,,, What a bunch of stupidity as far as I am concerned.... Unless Musk knows some seriously inside information which in my opinion is highly doubtful he acted like an idiot and I would expect a slander lawsuit to follow shortly.

Accusation directed on Twitter at Vern Unsworth, who called Tesla CEO’s offer of ‘mini-sub’ to help rescuers a ‘PR stunt’

British cave diver considering legal action after ‘pedo’ attack by Elon Musk

“It just had absolutely no chance of working,” Unsworth said in a widely shared interview. “He had no conception of what the cave passage was like. The submarine, I believe, was about 5ft 6in long, rigid, so it wouldn’t have gone round corners or round any obstacles.”

On Sunday, when a Twitter user pointed out that Musk was “calling the guy who found the children a pedo”, the billionaire responded: “Bet ya a signed dollar it’s true.”

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
looks like he just shot him self in the foot

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

So I take it you don't believe musk then, what if he was right ?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"It takes one to know one."?
edit on 7/16/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I would look at it this way man, I don't know either one but I know Musk hates bullies and stands up when he sees one pushing it.

upriser.com...

Whether he did it out of anger I don't know but it's something we all can speculate about.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Neener Neener.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
They should ban public figures from using Twitter. Nothing good comes from it. Ever.
Musk may have had good intentions or it may have been a stunt - who knows. However, he does not have the right to call anyone a "pedophile" especially without actual evidence. It's a cheap shot in response to criticism.
I generally like Elon Musk, but this whole submarine affair left a bad taste in my mouth. Musk thinks he is Tony Stark that can do, make and break just what he feels like. Time to check that ego...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Too late for that, twitter has presidential approval.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleepyDude

I would look at it this way man, I don't know either one but I know Musk hates bullies and stands up when he sees one pushing it.

upriser.com...

Whether he did it out of anger I don't know but it's something we all can speculate about.

He hates bullies so he bullied the guy, because he has more money and a big ugly mouth

But let's check reality, one of them went to risk his life to actually save kids the other one talks a lot and has money

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

I tend to agree with that. There are respected persons in our media who at times, think they're super heroes in their own right, sometimes being on top speaks louder than rationality, which often times can lead to derailment.
edit on 16-7-2018 by SleepyDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So I take it you don't believe musk then, what if he was right ?

Maybe but my doubt runs deep and strong on the pedo claim ... newsletter.thaivisa.com...

When asked his thoughts on Elon Musk’s submarine Mr Unsworth replied: “He can stick his submarine where it hurts”.

Well I was close

On a happier note : One diver has fallen in love with a Thai nurse and they are planning on getting married... newsletter.thaivisa.com...

One of the hero British divers who found the twelve boys and their football coach trapped in the Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai has found love with a Thai nurse.

According to the Daily Mail, Rick Stanton, 57, has been dating a Thai woman named Siripon Bugnngern, known as Amp, after meeting her while she was on holiday in England earlier this year.

Coincidentally, Amp is also from Chiang Rai and was able to act as a volunteer translator to the British diver and other members involved in the rescue mission at Tham Luang cave.

This rescue was a big big deal for Thailand and all those who showed up to save the coach and the kids are being called heroes.. Musk screwed up with his tweet IMO.. Something many may not know was Musk showed up at the cave but was asked to leave as his sub would not work,, I think that would have pissed anyone off after the time and expense of getting there..

While the rescue operation was in full swing, Musk tweeted to say his company had built a “kid sized submarine” that could be used to rescue the kids from the cave.

Just a day later, Musk posted a video on Instagram to reveal that he had been inside the cave with his submarine

"Just returned from Cave 3," Musk said.

"Mini-sub is ready if needed. It is made of rocket parts & named Wild Boar after kids' soccer team. Leaving here in case it may be useful in the future."

newsletter.thaivisa.com...
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

upriser.com...

He hates bullies so he bullied the guy, because he has more money and a big ugly mouth

But let's check reality, one of them went to risk his life to actually save kids the other one talks a lot and has money

I think you're missing my point. When a person is bullied, they recongnise bullies by routine and by nature. Often times as i've observed myself, bullied people tend to stand up more for what's right than those who haven't been bullied.

Watching the video above, also gives another perspective. The man being called a pedo seems to think Musk is entitled and it's just a pr stunt. But what kind of pr stunt? For what purpose? It may also be that the Man in the cave dented Musk's ego and Musk in return retaliated.

We don't really know any more than this.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

upriser.com...

I think you're missing my point. When a person is bullied, they recongnise bullies by routine and by nature. Often times as i've observed myself, bullied people tend to stand up more for what's right than those who haven't been bullied.

Maybe, I used to be a bully so maybe I don't get it but I thought that the guy diver did better by going there and risking his life and that gives him more right to talk than musk who did nothing really in the end

I have done bad things in the past while on school I admit so my view may be wrong, if so I admit it I just see things this way right now, I see the diver guy as more real and prepared to say than musk who has no clue for real about what going down there feels like or how it feels to risk it and die, the diver is more prepared to speak about it

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

That's also plausible. Maybe the guy did what he did because he was a bully once, and now he's changed. Or again, he dissed Elon Musk via the media and Musk didn't like it, or, Musk has dirt on the guy. There's no rationality to any of this, because we just don't have enough information to judge it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SleepyDude

Well, in my world, you never call someone a pedo without proof, or you're the lowest pos there is. That is just low. I expected more from musk.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Or maybe he moved to Thailand because he's a pedo?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There's no reason for Musk to put his reputation on the line like that, unless he knows something we don't.

Also suspicious that the "Media" unanimously claim that his attack is baseless without further investigation.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
From the behavior of Vern Unsworth in the video, I conclude something.

Imagine you´re one of the rescue members, been there for days and working your ass off. Press is on site and Elon Musk arrives with his solution. The people involved are already on a high stress level.

Press goes ape# and the tumult of him arriving might even hinder someones (important) work. Musk is a public figure, most who know him either flat out dislike or like him. Either way, stress levels are high, he arrives and from now on only those at site and Musk know how that situation played out.

- Was he discarded right away?
- How was the attitude of both parties?
- Would his sub have worked or was it unuseful?

I don´t know this and if I don´t know if it was a PR stunt. I don´t know what else was said. What counts the most for me in all this is that Musk went to lenghts using the potential he has on his disposal to help.

Both Unsworth and Musk behaved unprofessional. Musk went too far calling him a pedo. Unsworth started the fire with his obvious attitude ("he can stick his submarine where it hurts"). He makes no secret that he dislikes him on a personal level.

Musks tweed was tasteless and uncalled for. He should have answered nothing or something along the lines "I/we went there to help but I won´t stick the submarine up where the sun does not shine. Either way, good job rescuing the kids and the trainer."

And move on with life.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
Or maybe he moved to Thailand because he's a pedo?

I think most of the pedos are in Europe, Americas, and many other places. People who are pedos in Thailand if not killed by the villagers/relatives will spend the rest of their lives in a Thai prison..

Used to be a life sentence was around seven years due to over crowding and very poor food... I think it has gotten slightly better now due to international pressure ? But I do not know as I have no contact with that segment of society.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I can imagine with his wealth and some due favors, he could know stuff we don´t.

Could.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join