It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

You just don't get it do you?

For someone ( in this case you ) who tries to defend some who calls a person he don't even know a " peado "/ then you are certainly not the kind of person i would like to be a friend off.

The dude was rude to Musk, Musk was rude back, I dont condone what he said, I dont agree with it, but if someone is going to be a douche to you expect to get douche in return.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Really.

If someone said they didn't like you submarine then you accuse them of being a peado.

You Americans are on another planet.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If someone said they didn't like you submarine then you accuse them of being a peado.

I suppose the dude was lucky it was just a useless little mini-sub and all he got is name called, imagine how screwed he'd really be if Musk had a ballistic missile sub.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If he is going to sue Musk, he needs to get cracking. Musk's comments have gone all Gerald Ratner over Tesla's stock price today.

Karma?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If?

So, that's all it takes these days? An "if"?

That's truly very sad, and not a little scary.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There's a bit of a difference between saying, however rudely, "Your sub plan won't work.", and being called a pedophile.

If I owned any stock in Elon Musk holdings, I'd sell it. That's entirely unacceptable behavior.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Really.

He didnt say he didnt like it he said he could shove it where it hurts.

Thats not the same as just saying 'Your plan isnt feasible for this effort"

Youre railing on Musk for firing back, but it was this pompous British guys attitude that kicked it off.

Why are you making excuses for this guy being a complete douche for no reason?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You're trying to defend the indefensible. Good luck with that. And what does him being British have to do with it?

I would imagine if someone through this false accusation against Trump, ATS would be on fire with people trying to defend him.

edit on 16-7-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

In what world is calling someone, with malicious intent, a pedo even remotely acceptable? Musk deserves every bit of the flack coming his way.

Then he doubled down with that comment on Betting a signed dollar or some such...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Just goes to show give someone enough money and they automatically think they are above the law, this diver is a decent and honest man who risk's his life a very great deal, rescuing or trying to rescue people in this situation both here in the UK and around the world, often at his own expense.

Elon Musk was wrong, to a tiny degree so was the diver as it may not have been a publicity stunt though given his previous stupid space littering idiocy with a dummy in a car hurled into space I really would not put that past Musk at all so it also may have been just that a publicity stunt.

A mini sub bigger than a human body would most likely have been an utterly useless item, worse it could have blocked the passage to these kid's and how do the divers then get that that contraption out of the way, caves like this are often winding with narrow and crouch or even crawl sized only spaces through which such a mini sub would simply not have been able to get and would indeed have probably both gotten stuck and at worst even caused damage to the passage resulting in a potential cave in.

Musk is supposed to be an intelligent guy right?, can't he even see that and were does that pencil neck idiot get off insulting a man whom actually not only risked his own life but during the rescue lost one of his international colleagues who gave his life in the attempt.

If Musk wan't to prove he is a good guy let him go and give a large donation to the widow and family of that diver who died during this rescue, if he does not then that proves it he was actually using the fate of these children and a useless gadget to pump up his image.

Now if he had brought some custom made child sized all in one compact diving gear then that would have been far more sensible but as it was let's put a square peg in a round hole eh!, you know for publicity reason's.

I never had anything against Musk before, just saw him as a eccentric rich american guy with a technology company but now I feel wroth toward him, let him put his life on the line regularly for people regardless of there status in society to save there lives when they are in distress rather than insult those that do and worse try to blacken them.

I GENUINELY hope our diver takes him to court (the diver is only considering it but would probably settle for an public apology) and sues him for libel and defamation of character, there is not a court in the world (Unless he own's it) that won't wipe the floor with musk over this (maybe he was drunk or something when he made the comment since he then deleted it but it give's a very deep view into Musk's true character).

Also this is not against American's but here is a fact, Money does not make a man a hero - risking your life with no certainty of success to save others' most certainly does.

edit on 16-7-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Easy on the hyperbole

I'd be willing to bet a signed dollar, that the vast majority of Americans think Musk overstepped himself...the majority of Americans who are even paying the remotest attention to this tempest in a tea pot.

Though if Musk is taking a hit financially, maybe the teapot is a bit bigger than we thought...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Point taken.

I will rephase it as " Some Americans "

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I remember watching it on the news when Musk first offered help. The rescue team seemed to sincerely appreciate the offer, but they specifically requested generators and/or batteries, which was in short supply on site and was actually what was really needed.

Now, you'd assume Musk was in the perfect position to offer some incredibly efficient portable power devices, given what his companies specialize in... Yet he totally ignored the requests of the experts, then rocks up with this submarine.

It was very odd on Musks part and totally understandable why the rescue teams might have been so frustrated by it.

As to Musks little twitter tantrum... I guess the guy just made a mistake and got his ego hurt, which as we've all found out in recent times, from another billionaire who shall remain nameless, usually results in a total meltdown on twitter.

edit on 16-7-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What I think is weird about this, is why doesn't any one think the diver is a pedo? An ex-Pat living in Thailand could be an adventures individual or could be someone hiding for misdeeds. I guess it's easier to go after a billionaire that tried to help, then a diver who is at the moment a hero. Since we don't know much about the personal lives of either of these guys, and this might latterly be nothing more then "Pub Talk" between the two, why both of these guys matter in this issue is beyond me, but at the same time we don't know which of these guys is telling the truth?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

When did innocent 'til proven guilty change to guilty by implication and innuendo?

Must have missed that memo.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

What I think is weird about this, is why doesn't any one think the diver is a pedo?

Why do you think he could be? That's a stupid a question as the one you have asked.

Approximately 55,000 British ex pats live in Thailand.

So how many do you wish to earmark as peado's ?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When did innocent 'til proven guilty change to guilty by implication and innuendo?

Must have missed that memo.

An accusation was tossed, and zero defense given. I agree with you that we shouldn't think the guy is a pedo, but in the same fashion we can't rule it out anymore then we can agree that he isn't. Personally I would like to think that he isn't, but my opinion doesn't count anymore than anyone else's. Facts should be presented on either side if the claim is made.

What I think is weird about this, is why doesn't any one think the diver is a pedo?

Why do you think he could be? That's a stupid a question as the one you have asked.

Approximately 55,000 British ex pats live in Thailand.

So how many do you wish to earmark as peado's ?

I think you should read the rest of what I said;

An ex-Pat living in Thailand could be an adventures individual or could be someone hiding for misdeeds

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If?

So, that's all it takes these days? An "if"?

That's truly very sad, and not a little scary.

We still don't know if it's true, if it is there are 4 pages of people defending a pedo.

The accusation has been made, it's a serious accusation and should not be discarded because of emotions the guy needs to prove he isn't one now.

Far too many pedos get away with their heinous behavior because people can't handle the reality of it and choose to dismiss it.

Yes it is very scary, some people have likely lost their lives over accusations like that and should not be taken lightly.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Musk is from SA so he might not like the British too much. Even though he seems to be from and have family from everywhere he is now a US citizen. A legal citizen.

edit on 16-7-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join