It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i think its time to ban everyone famous from twitter.
because nobody seems to know how to use it

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Agreed, most public figures seem to think jumping on a worldwide platform either angry or drunk or both is a great idea and should be showered by praise. In most cases it’s a career killer a reply to: humanoidlord

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

ok - standard response :

what evidence does musk offer to support his allegation

why has musk deleted the allegation

From what I heard the country involved has sex tourism and does not seem to protect those underage from abuse, at least that's what they said in reddit.

Why Musk would be researching such, to be able to know such about said country, that's a good question.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

ok - standard response :

From what I heard the country involved has sex tourism and does not seem to protect those underage from abuse, at least that's what they said in reddit.

Why Musk would be researching such, to be able to know such about said country, that's a good question.

and why would you be researching it? you just happened to hear about it. most likely, so did he. i mean, it's so widely known i guess huge percentage of adults using internet daily have heard about it.

long live double standards, right?

i'm amazed by the fact that everyone is throwing stones at Musk (rightfully so), while noone notices how the whole thing is a PR stunt from Unsworth. average person that heard about the story, but didn't follow it closely, most likely never heard his name before (i didn't), while everyone was talking about Musk and #storm concerning his idea (#storm caused mostly by people that never were there and had nothing to do with the rescue efforts - cave divers DID talk with Musk). in the end, kids were saved thanks to Unsworth and he got pissed he's not famous enough (i even saw comments on youtube that people were amazed he wasn't mentioned at all in some of the relations about the rescue). he obviously can't stand Musk in general, so decided to attack his idea, fueling the earlier, unreasonable #storm (Musk WAS in the cave, and he did what he did because he was ASKED TO). knowing what kind of a character Musk has, he could expect it'll backfire, giving him his 5 minutes of fame and a possibility to sue Musk. end of story.

while Musk should definitely apologize, so should Unsworth. with all due respect owned by saving those children, he's a complete asshole with a smirk on his face i just can't stand.
edit on 18/7/2018 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: Xenogears

ok - standard response :

and why would you be researching it? you just happened to hear about it. most likely, so did he. i mean, it's so widely known i guess huge percentage of adults using internet daily have heard about it.

long live double standards, right?

i'm amazed by the fact that everyone is throwing stones at Musk (rightfully so), while noone notices how the whole thing is a PR stunt from Unsworth. average person that heard about the story, but didn't follow it closely, most likely never heard his name before (i didn't), while everyone was talking about Musk and #storm concerning his idea (#storm caused mostly by people that never were there and had nothing to do with the rescue efforts - cave divers DID talk with Musk). in the end, kids were saved thanks to Unsworth and he got pissed he's not famous enough (i even saw comments on youtube that people were amazed he wasn't mentioned at all in some of the relations about the rescue). he obviously can't stand Musk in general, so decided to attack his idea, fueling the earlier, unreasonable #storm (Musk WAS in the cave, and he did what he did because he was ASKED TO). knowing what kind of a character Musk has, he could expect it'll backfire, giving him his 5 minutes of fame and a possibility to sue Musk. end of story.

while Musk should definitely apologize, so should Unsworth. with all due respect owned by saving those children, he's a complete asshole with a smirk on his face i just can't stand.

First time I heard about it and due to people trying to explain Musk's comments.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Musk reminds me of Cary Elwes' character on Twister.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

First time I heard about it and due to people trying to explain Musk's comments.

There was a documentary done like 15-20 years ago about the slave trade and affluent foreigners such as doctors and lawyers traveling overseas to be with underage kids.

At that time I thought it was just a few percentage of the population that were sick enough in the head to do that. Fast forward to today and I think its a huge problem and a large portion of affluent foreigners that are likely doing it. The media ,GOP, DNC, and the police appear to be pretty lazy when it comes to cracking down on pedophiles versus the war on drugs.

Not saying the diver is guilty , but certainly wouldn't dismiss it either.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
www.standard.co.uk...< br />

Tesla investors demand apology from Elon Musk for baselessly calling Thailand rescue diver a 'pedo'

loupventures.com...

Over the last 6 months, there have been too many examples of concerning behavior that is shaking investor confidence. In our view, your outburst at analysts on the March 2018 earnings call, your ongoing frustration with short sellers and the media, your June email exchange with the saboteur, and your confrontation on Twitter with cave diver Vern Unsworth each raised flags with investors.

The exchange with Vern Unsworth crossed the line. I suspect you would agree given you deleted the string from Twitter, but it will take more than that to regain investor confidence.

Your behavior is fueling an unhelpful perception of your leadership – thin-skinned and short-tempered.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

They should ban public figures from using Twitter.

Assistants for Stars and heads of companies should take away their social media accounts so they don't shoot themselves in the foot.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
www.standard.co.uk...< br />

Tesla investors demand apology from Elon Musk for baselessly calling Thailand rescue diver a 'pedo'

loupventures.com...

Over the last 6 months, there have been too many examples of concerning behavior that is shaking investor confidence. In our view, your outburst at analysts on the March 2018 earnings call, your ongoing frustration with short sellers and the media, your June email exchange with the saboteur, and your confrontation on Twitter with cave diver Vern Unsworth each raised flags with investors.

The exchange with Vern Unsworth crossed the line. I suspect you would agree given you deleted the string from Twitter, but it will take more than that to regain investor confidence.

Your behavior is fueling an unhelpful perception of your leadership – thin-skinned and short-tempered.

what a cute load of horsesh..

neither Munster nor Loup Venture own shares of Tesla.
www.cnbc.com...

so no. no "Tesla investors" made such demand, at least not openly. it's just an open letter from Munster. you can write one, too, it'll carry the same exact weight.
edit on 18/7/2018 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Elon Musk apologises to British caver for 'pedo' slur

My words were spoken in anger after Mr Unsworth said several untruths & suggested I engage in a sexual act with the mini-sub, which had been built as an act of kindness & according to specifications from the dive team leader.

“‘Nonetheless, his actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologize to Mr. Unsworth and to the companies I represent as leader. The fault is mine and mine alone. ‘I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.’

Unsworth is among top cave divers who joined the rescue mission for the Mu Pa Academy footballers and their assistant coach trapped inside Tham Luang cave in Mae Sai district.

www.nationmultimedia.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It happens in Asia just as it does in any other country.. Just look at your home countries headlines.
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

An Australian man who was the former owner of a nightclub on Soi Nana faces a lengthy prison sentence after being found guilty of charges related to human trafficking and prostitution.

Bangkok Criminal Court on Wednesday sentenced Michael Pearl, originally from Sudan, to 19 years in jail, while accomplinces Ghassan Wakej, 36 from Syria, a Moroccan and two Thai nationals were each sentenced to 16 years in jail for forcing four Moroccan women into prostitution in Bangkok between 2016 and 2017.

If it is a foreign woman who was promised a job as a waitress or whatever they take their passports and with threats and no telling what else they are then prostituted .. The country is on high alert for such things as they should be.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Elon Musk apologises to British caver for 'pedo' slur

My words were spoken in anger after Mr Unsworth said several untruths & suggested I engage in a sexual act with the mini-sub, which had been built as an act of kindness & according to specifications from the dive team leader.

“‘Nonetheless, his actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologize to Mr. Unsworth and to the companies I represent as leader. The fault is mine and mine alone. ‘I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.’

Unsworth is among top cave divers who joined the rescue mission for the Mu Pa Academy footballers and their assistant coach trapped inside Tham Luang cave in Mae Sai district.

www.nationmultimedia.com...

still no proof of requests from Tesla investors. as i've said, it was an open letter from a 3rd party. also, still following same narrative - "Unsworth is among top cave divers who joined the rescue mission" - he didn't bring a single kid out of that cave alone, the hardest, life-risking part, was done by the pros - those that Musk was in contact with.

i'll repeat - Musk acted like an asshole, and it's good that he at least apologized (but i don't expect it to end there, when Unsworth can milk it). read my previous posts though - Unsworth acted like an asshole as well, and it smells to high heaven like a PR stunt made by himself. we'll see now if he'll wipe that smirk off his face and stops this nonsense, or if he'll sue Musk, to stay in the spotlight and earn some money in the process.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Huh...

He does, kinda, doesn't he?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

still no proof of requests from Tesla investors. as i've said, it was an open letter from a 3rd party. also, still following same narrative - "Unsworth is among top cave divers who joined the rescue mission" - he didn't bring a single kid out of that cave alone, the hardest, life-risking part, was done by the pros - those that Musk was in contact with.

i'll repeat - Musk acted like an asshole, and it's good that he at least apologized (but i don't expect it to end there, when Unsworth can milk it). read my previous posts though - Unsworth acted like an asshole as well, and it smells to high heaven like a PR stunt made by himself. we'll see now if he'll wipe that smirk off his face and stops this nonsense, or if he'll sue Musk, to stay in the spotlight and earn some money in the process.

That's twaddle. No one brought out any of the kids alone - it was an international effort. Unsworth was involved in this effort and your attempt to trivialise his involvement in order to defend the inexcusable remarks of that oaf Musk should fool no one. Anyone would react angrily to someone who had lost face by his rescue proposals being ignored and who had started complaining like a spoilt child. Unsworth's emotional rebuttal is totally understandable - hardly "acting like an asshole". There is no "nonsense" of his to stop, and your suggesting it was a PR stunt is a figment of your imagination.

In short, your cynical analysis of the situation is distorted by your ridiculous defence of Musk's rescue proposal, which was rejected as unfeasible by the Thai government.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
That's twaddle. No one brought out any of the kids alone - it was an international effort. Unsworth was involved in this effort and your attempt to trivialise his involvement in order to defend the inexcusable remarks of that oaf Musk should fool no one.

kids were brought out by expert divers. Unsworth was NOT one of them. i've said it before, i'll repeat it - his role CANNOT be downplayed, without his help (mapping of the cave, telling the government to call the divers, telling them where to look) those kids would be dead. what i'm pointing at is the fact he's getting thrown into the same basket as the rest of the team, being called a diver in the process, making it look like he was bringing those kids out IN PERSON like those divers called by the government did - and that was NOT the case. it doesn't make him any less of a hero, but it just wasn't happening before the whole Unsworth-Musk #storm hit the fan. before that, he often wasn't even mentioned at all in the reports of the rescue operation. that could get on his nerves, don't you think?

originally posted by: micpsi
Anyone would react angrily to someone who had lost face by his rescue proposals being ignored and who had started complaining like a spoilt child. Unsworth's emotional rebuttal is totally understandable - hardly "acting like an asshole". There is no "nonsense" of his to stop, and your suggesting it was a PR stunt is a figment of your imagination.

In short, your cynical analysis of the situation is distorted by your ridiculous defence of Musk's rescue proposal, which was rejected as unfeasible by the Thai government.

Thai government officials are not experts on the matter. if not for Unsworth's persuasion to call the divers, those kids wouldn't survive. why should Musk care what some government official says, when he's corresponding with the diver team on the ground, diver team that is supposed to use his sub when the need arises? half of the world was throwing # in Musk's general direction, just because they got yet another excuse to do so (and that was before this whole situation and his tweets to Unsworth), why should he care when the only two things that matter in such case, are 1) kids and 2) the fact that the clock is ticking? he asked an expert, he was told to proceed. go ahead, ridicule the head of the diver team just because he decided it's better to have that sub just in case and not use it, than to perhaps need it and not have it.

so no, his proposals weren't ignored, and he didn't start complaining like a spoilt child. now, explain this:
- how did Unsworth "angrily react" to Musk, when he was simply asked a question during an interview and the whole #storm is his own making
- how is Unsworth recommending, with a smirk on his face, anal insertion of a submarine to Musk an "emotional rebuttal"

Unsworth found the way to save those kids, Unsworth made it happen, Unsworth got ignored to the point that many people reading the news/watching the reports, heard about the diver team but didn't see Unsworth nor hear his name at all.

in the meantime, Musk put his face on the line to try to help. he has tons of enemies - some rightfully so. he's no saint, that's for sure. he was perfectly aware (he's no idiot), that if the sub won't be used, he'll get ridiculed, because his enemies will use every excuse. he asked an expert, ignoring the naysayers, an expert on the ground that was supposed to actually use his sub if the need arises - received go ahead - so he proceeded. lots of media coverage as a result.

and then you've got the interview, with a person hardly known to many that heard about the rescue operation and Musk's involvment. a person without which those kids would die. a hero. Vern Unsworth.

a hero which turned into asshole in a split second, with a smirk on his face, because he couldn't stand that everyone was talking about Musk, despite the fact his sub didn't help in the end, while many people never heard about himself, a man that saved those kids from certain death.

does he deserve the fame? yes.
but not like this.

heroes don't give a flying f..k.
that diver team? they've refused to call themselves heroes. THAT'S how a hero is supposed to act.

Unsworth just smelled an opportunity - he's no idiot either, he knew what kind of media #storm it'll cause, and it was to be expected that Musk will loose his nerve once again (did i say he's no saint?). apparently saving those kids wasn't enough for him, he wanted fame. perhaps if Musk wasn't involved at all, he wouldn't care, but apparently it struck a nerve. still, it cannot be justified. Musk simply tried to do something good, putting his face on the line, and Unsworth wiped his own ass with that face, knowing he'll get his 5 minutes of fame as a reward. "pedo"? - jackpot, now he can even sue Musk. if that's not a PR stunt, then i don't know what is.

Musk is an asshole, but he also happens to be a brilliant man.
Unsworth happens to be a hero, but he's also an asshole. sadly, even bigger asshole than Musk in this case.

Elon Musk apologized.
guess what. Unsworth should do the same.
edit on 19/7/2018 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join