It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Who built this monument, in your opinion? The city of Toronto?

Thousands walk past it everyday, without thinking twice about it, its right on Yonge Street. Even more drive by without noticing.

And then you become a Freemason, and they tell you, look, bet you never saw that there before, and it is an immediate example of the 'power' that they wield.

Honestly, can someone show me a picture of the Grand Lodge of Ontario, I want to drop by.

I thought you lived in the NWT? Is this story changing now?

Originally posted by Leveller
The thing about Washington DC is that it is laid out in blocks/squares. Most US cities are.
When you lay these squares out in their grid formation, you can make any straight lined shape.

I'm assuming that San Fransisco doesn't apply here.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I'm assuming that San Fransisco doesn't apply here.

I've been to that winding road. I can't say that I was impressed though. Maybe I was expecting too much, but when you've seen one winding road I guess you've seen 'em all.
One things for sure though. San Fransisco probably wasn't built by devil worshippers.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
OMG! I also claimed to be from South Africa!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Is this a secret trait of anti-masons?
Mr Necros also claims to have lived in half the countries of the world.

The truth is, neither of you have probably ever left your bedrooms.
You certainly don't show much knowledge about what goes on in the real world.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

But they knew about our satanic baby-eating...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was working in the NWT in the summer, because thats where I grew up!

I was born in South Africa.

I obviously do not live in the NWT right now, as I am a student.

So why does it a matter to be doubted? Do my arguments rely on them? No, but do my experiences back up what I say, yes.

There's no lodge in my town, why would Masons visit? To set up a lodge?
Really, by making some Masons on sight?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Heh - Leveller you really should get out more, you "Little Britain" you.
Hey, here's an idea, maybe you should get a passport and go and visit far away exotic places like...ummm France, Spain...or Germany or even Ireland (you don't even need a passport for that one, just a drivers license.)

Yes all these evil “Anti-Masons” and their cunning, evil, foreign ways.

Get a grip lad, there are no Anti-Masons, it’s just a way your worshipful master keeps your sorry @rse in line by creating the illusion that these random and completely unrelated individuals are all part of some evil plot to stop you taking over the world and bringing the light to everyone.

Just to give a finite response to the topic - No they don't preserve Acane Knowledge, but they want their members to believe they do so that they don't have to pay them for theirs "works" with cash or other useful stuff.
Just run around like a dog for us for 10 years and we'll let you known some really big mystical secret...maybe.

Its quite amusing that the Scottish Rite ends with a ritual that more or less says "...Welll uummmmm your guess is as good as ours, but you wouldnt have achieved everything you did if you realised this in the first place...."

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They wish....the only one who holds the knowledge is mother nature......

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Get a grip lad, there are no Anti-Masons, it’s just a way your worshipful master keeps your sorry @rse in line by creating the illusion that these random and completely unrelated individuals are all part of some evil plot to stop you taking over the world and bringing the light to everyone.

There's no anti-masons? We're not talking about the political party. You're an anti mason, aren't you? Isn't Akilles?
Anybody who is against anything is anti.
Anti = against.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A political party that hasn't run for over 100 years.
And who says I'm "Anti" anything...??
YOU do.
Do you ever see anyone post in this forum saying that they are an Anti-Mason?
No.
The term is used within Freemasonry *exclusivly* in much the same way as n*gger.
Anyone labled as such is "outside", they are the enemy.
You are instantly focused by this "trigger" word - all rational thought processes halt because "The Enemy" has been identified so you must attack without hesitation to prove your worth to Masonry!
All of a sudden its "US against THEM" not several dozen (sometimes even several thousand) cowardly individuals ganging up on an invidual but a valient struggle against tyranny and ignorance...and my dog's digestive system.

Honestly you need to take a look at yourself from a third person perspective.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

But they knew about our satanic baby-eating...

Eating Satanic babies! Now that's Masonic. (No, wait! ..sounds more like what Nekros and akilllllleeeesss get together and do)

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
A political party that hasn't run for over 100 years.
And who says I'm "Anti" anything...??
YOU do.
Do you ever see anyone post in this forum saying that they are an Anti-Mason?
No.
The term is used within Freemasonry *exclusivly* in much the same way as n*gger.
Anyone labled as such is "outside", they are the enemy.
You are instantly focused by this "trigger" word - all rational thought processes halt because "The Enemy" has been identified so you must attack without hesitation to prove your worth to Masonry!
All of a sudden its "US against THEM" not several dozen (sometimes even several thousand) cowardly individuals ganging up on an invidual but a valient struggle against tyranny and ignorance...and my dog's digestive system.

Honestly you need to take a look at yourself from a third person perspective.

You've called masons everything from idiots and cowards to murderers and satanists. Are you sure you're willing to say you're not against masonry? It's very apparent in your attitudes towards, not only the fraternity as a whole, but towards its individual members simply for BEING masons.

And it is YOU who has made US the enemy, Necros. You and every other person who has ever blamed masons for their own problems and God know what, YOU have made us the enemies. YOU have blamed us for everything from baby-rape to brainwashing presidents and controlling the world's banks. And you DARE say that we categorize you guys as anti's and make you guys the enemy!?!? You have made yourself the enemy. It is not us who have a problem with you.

You can chatise me for whatever you want, but in the end all we are ever doing is defending ourselves from YOUR attacks, YOUR accusations, YOUR lies, YOUR blame, YOUR hatred.

And you have the NERVE to say you're not against masonry...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
wow the world is going mad hahahehe

abracadabra

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
wow the world is going mad hahahehe

abracadabra

Now THAT'S what I call a contributory post.

...."allways" Is that anything like "always" ?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I personally have only given examples of Freemasons as:
Cowards (Benedict Arnold)
Rapists (Paul Bernardo)
Liars (I couldn't find any Masons who stuck to ONLY lying, sorry)
Slave Drivers (Cecil J. Rhodes, made MY country what it is, you know famous for racism, worked well over a million Afrikanz to their death for shining rocks in the earth)
Sell Out Politicians (Roosevelt, thanks for the Fed)
Twisted Perverse Occultists (Crowley)
and of course,
Child Abusing Murderer (Thomas Hamilton, a notorious child molester/murderer who was credited with killing sixteen schoolchildren)

Of course, this was only AFTER they were made better men, they have since been made dead men, to ensure no further libel is brought upon the Brotherhood. Each of these people could not have done A LICK on their own (esp. Benedict Arnold and Roosevelt, who had many Brothers assisting them, while they get the blame/glory).

Guess which Masons famously said: "A compelling reason for silence amongst Masons is not so much a compulsion to adhere to their sacred vows... it is more that they do not understand a word of the ceremonies they participate in, and their only fear is that people would laugh at the apparently pointless and silly rituals they perform..."
Who is a Freemason? Someone who joins a society he knows nothing about.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
akilles, do you think if you put a half an hour into the effort you could find examples of the good Masons do?

I'm sure you've come up with a half dozen bad apples in history, all you're focusing in on is the negetive.

Point?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Who is a Freemason? Someone who joins a society he knows nothing about.

Who is a troll? Someone who criticizes a society he knows nothing about.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
akilles, do you think if you put a half an hour into the effort you could find examples of the good Masons do?

I'm sure you've come up with a half dozen bad apples in history, all you're focusing in on is the negetive.

Point?

H.G. Wells
Richard Wagner
Abraham Lincoln
Ben Franklin
George Washington
Bram Stoker
Captain James Cook
H.P. Lovecraft
Baden Powell
Francis Bacon
Louis Armstrong
Winston Churchill
Oscar Peterson
Wolfgang Mozart
Irving Berlin
Burl Ives
Carroll O'Connor
Ludwig van Beethoven
Horatio Nelson
Alexander Fleming
Pushkin, Kipling, Conan-Doyle, Goethe, Clemens, Burns, Voltaire, Robert W. Service,
Red Skelton
Danny Thomas
Peter Sellers
Richard Burton
Ernest Shackleton
Tom Mix
Audie Murphy
Will Rogers
Harry Houdini
Harpo Marx
Harold Lloyd
Glenn Ford
Booker T. Washington
James Naismith
Henry Ford
Dave Thomas
Harlan Sanders
J.C. Penney
Arnold Palmer
Mel Blanc
Christopher Wren
Fred 'Cyclone' Taylor

there.........I hope that at least one of those Masons passes muster and is judged to have been an okay guy.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
H.G. Wells
Richard Wagner
Abraham Lincoln
Ben Franklin
George Washington
Bram Stoker
Captain James Cook
H.P. Lovecraft
Baden Powell
Francis Bacon
Louis Armstrong
Winston Churchill
Oscar Peterson
Wolfgang Mozart
Irving Berlin
Burl Ives
Carroll O'Connor
Ludwig van Beethoven
Horatio Nelson
Alexander Fleming
Pushkin, Kipling, Conan-Doyle, Goethe, Clemens, Burns, Voltaire, Robert W. Service,
Red Skelton
Danny Thomas
Peter Sellers
Richard Burton
Ernest Shackleton
Tom Mix
Audie Murphy
Will Rogers
Harry Houdini
Harpo Marx
Harold Lloyd
Glenn Ford
Booker T. Washington
James Naismith
Henry Ford
Dave Thomas
Harlan Sanders
J.C. Penney
Arnold Palmer
Mel Blanc
Christopher Wren
Fred 'Cyclone' Taylor

there.........I hope that at least one of those Masons passes muster and is judged to have been an okay guy.

50 guys in all of history? That's your position? And can you prove any of these? Most, I think not. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. #, you missed Walt Disney.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

I dont think Abe Lincoln was a mason, but in any case... why do antis always think that one person always speaks for an entire fraternity with millions of members? They need to start looking at the majority, not the exceptions. There's always exceptions everywhere you go. They need to start looking at the norm.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join