It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water is not essential to life.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WillSawyet
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, they speak as if the H2O molecule in itself is what is causing the mast cells to fire.

Here is your source.
www.bbc.com...

Here is what it says.

Technically, the condition isn’t actually an allergy at all, since it’s likely caused by an immune reaction to something within the body, rather than an over-reaction to something foreign, such as pollen or peanuts.

Others have suggested that water may simply dissolve chemicals in the layer of dead skin, allowing them to penetrate deeper where they can cause an immune reaction.

Indeed, treating the skin with chemical solvents – which allow more water into this layer – before exposure makes the reaction worse. But when the upper layer of skin is removed completely, the reaction goes ahead as normal.

Your sources do not say what you claim, they say what I was telling you.
edit on 12-7-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It's just giving theories on other causes.
However it still stands because it was referring to the skin, not the throat.

link   

Well they call it an allergy to water, not ''an allergy to substances IN the water''

No, that is the sensationalist headline to draw you in. Next time don't read headlines and think you understand.

link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

Are you serious? I'm quite sure you think you are... whereas I know medically... you are so far off center.

Everything has water as a base at minimum. Man can only live so long without water. Read the 1St ingredient in juice, diet soda, energy drinks, coffee, iced teas... Whatever.

Geez... Respectfully... How old are you? Read, study....medical texts and product labels instead of websites.

MS
1St Responder
EMT/ERT
Advanced Life Support
edit on 12-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It's just giving theories on other causes.
However it still stands because it was referring to the skin, not the throat.

Throat is skin. Seriously, you are ignorant on human anatomy and physiology.

Stop ignoring my posts and answer them. If it is a water allergy why does milk which is 90% water not trigger it much?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

He doesn't get it....

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Something causing hives does not mean you are allergic to it. The most common cause of hives is basic itching and scratching.

"it is not a true histamine-releasing allergic reaction like other forms of urticaria"

This means it's not even technically hives, or at least your body does not think it is hives.

It's just similar to hives.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Nope, but I am bored and my cat is on my lap so need to entertain myself somehow.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Um, did you even read those articles?
I'm guessing not.

Apparently you didn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It really is the easiest explanation kind sir or madam, but you will not like it. The genetics are flawed, and were it not for modernity natural selection would have killed them off before they reached beyond infant hood. Be thankful for the knowledge modernity has brought, and the innovations it can achieve to keep people alive beyond the plans of natural selection.

All liquid beverages derive their liquidity from water to some extent. So if I were you op, id probably get just a little bit more educated on the role of H20 in your existence. If you were truly allergic, with your body majority composed of it, you probably would have become dust or combusted or something by now. Certainly would not be typing about such nonsense on day 1.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Water is not essential to life

As far as the title goes, water is so essential to life on Earth that the scientific community thinks life can only exist in the presence of liquid water.

Remove water, all life on Earth dies within days. Plants, animals all of it gone. Even organisms that live deep in the Earth need water in their environment.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Actually we would die instantly as the water in our bodies would be removed and we would stop functioning immediately.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The doctors tell me it's unhealthy but my brother works at a warehouse that sells soda and he often brings boxes of soda back home and I've been drinking those, H2O is also an allergen and I already have a lot of allergies so I try to avoid potential allergens and never heard of anyone allergic to cola, dr pepper etc. I'm not dehydrated at all but I kind of worry about my teeth at times.

It takes roughly a week to replace your body's entire liquid content so it's safe to say my body is now 70% cola and dr pepper and my cells don't seem to be complaining! If water is really so ''essential'' to life then how come I'm still alive and kicking?

There are also people who are allergic to H2O, so allergic in fact that taking a sip of water would cause their throat to swell up and potentially kill them, so instead they survive on cola, orange juice and milk, and do not have any reaction.

By the way, in case people don't believe me about the water allergy thing, here's a series of news articles about that very thing -
www.birminghammail.co.uk...

www.bbc.com...

www.itv.com...
They cannot drink water at all, instead they opt for diet cola, milk or orange juice, which brings them no harm.

So the whole thing about water being essential to life is a blatant lie, they always talk about how Mars for instance must have water to support life but because it doesn't have water then there's zero chance of extraterrestrial life living there, but there's people on Earth who have went without water for decades and are still alive and kicking. I think it's just a lie by the water companies to sell water, ever noticed how expensive bottled water is compared to sodas?

Uhhhh....what liquid do you think makes up most of the contents of those things??? And a good majority of vegetables and meat has a fairly high water content...
Also....seriously for # sake

m.ivyroses.com...

link   

Is it possible that drinking orange juice, milk etc doesn't bother them because the H2O binds to the stuff in the milk, preventing the H2O molecules from binding with the mast cell receptors?

link   
a reply to: dug88

They also have to avoid eating watery foods.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KatWouldKillYou
Something causing hives does not mean you are allergic to it. The most common cause of hives is basic itching and scratching.

"it is not a true histamine-releasing allergic reaction like other forms of urticaria"

This means it's not even technically hives, or at least your body does not think it is hives.

It's just similar to hives.

Heidi Falconer has epi pens given to her by a doctor, so whatever this is, it seems a lot different from a mere skin condition causing hives as she cannot even drink water and the reaction is potentially life threatening. She has to wear a space suit outside to protect her when it rains or in case it rains.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Water is not essential to life.

Yeah, but beer is.. and beer is made with water, so water is essential to Life.

I'm afraid I cannot argue with iron clad logic. Beer is essential to life, and beer is made with water, therefore, water is essential to life, in beer form. (water, not life)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

No, it's not. Basic chemistry. Milk is 90% water. Your theory is truly dead my friend.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Maybe the H2O binds to the stuff in milk so that the H2O doesn't bind to the mast cell receptors and cause a reaction, or it prevents most of the H2O molecules from binding to the receptors so that the reaction isn't as bad. Someone on Quora mentioned that.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Is it possible that drinking orange juice, milk etc doesn't bother them because the H2O binds to the stuff in the milk, preventing the H2O molecules from binding with the mast cell receptors?

No... This is why drinks tell you to"shake well" before drinking. To blend them because they do not bind to the base of the main ingredient by volume: WATER.

EMT

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join