It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water is not essential to life.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

No, it doesn't. If she hasn't she should try the cure. There is a treatment which has been tested and found to be potentially 100% effective. Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes but here's how allergies work.

An allergen (a compound) binds to IgE receptors located on the surface of mast cells which have produced antibodies against a particular compound. This then results in degranulation and the release of histamine, along with other inflammation promoting chemicals.

The IgE receptor represents a ''lock and key'' configuration, so if a compound matches the shape of the receptor (the lock) it can bind to that receptor and trigger the mast cell release of histamine.

Someone on Quora (who said he had a PhD in biology and chemistry) said that the reason those people do not react/don't react as much when they drink milk, orange juice etc is because the additional compounds in orange juice/milk mess with the H2O molecule's interactivity with the mast cell receptors.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

She still cannot drink water.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Oh Quora, must be true. Sorry, that's not how it works. In testing when the top layer of skin is removed, allowing MORE water to reach mast cells the reaction is less than when solvents are placed on the skin with the skin left there. The solvents mean more of the 'other chemicals' reach mast cells, and produces a bigger reaction than when more water reaches the mast cells.

You are seriously ignorant on the subject, I don't say that to be demeaning, I say that for you to learn how these things work so you can move past this.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Every single person throughout history that has consumed water has died. The mortality rate of this poison is 100 percent!
Screw gun control, banning abortions, water is the true killer!

Dihydrogen monoxide. Not even once.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Hey Jesus turned water into wine - must be something to it.

Now if I owned a soda or wine company I could see use for these fear tactics to drive business to me

have some non-H2O beer

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

How does this relate to those who have a reaction internally when they drink water? Eg. throat closing up, blisters, and wheezing? Even just a sip of water could cause all those symptoms for them. Rachel Warwick says if she drinks water it burns her throat and leaves blisters.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Anyone who said that is an idiot. Please don't explain to be how allergies work, you are ignorant on the subject, I am not.

That person should try omalizumab, it's been found to be effective for aquagenic urticaria.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

They don't. Why do you keep talking about the throat being internal, it's not. Anatomically speaking it's external.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Anyone who said that is an idiot. Please don't explain to be how allergies work, you are ignorant on the subject, I am not.

That person should try omalizumab, it's been found to be effective for aquagenic urticaria.

Again, how does this relate to those who cannot drink a sip of water without their throat closing up, blistering and burning?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So by your logic then saliva should always trigger it since saliva's supposedly 99.5% water and is always in the mouth and coating the throat.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah, but beer is.. and beer is made with water,

What if I make that beer with scotch or vodka?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Actually that's your logic. If it is an allergy to water, and saliva is 99.5% water, saliva will trigger an allergic reaction, and she would die. Is she dead?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Then what is causing her reaction? And why is it called an allergy to water if it isn't?

link   
This circular logic is making me need a drink.

link   
Wikipedia lists ''water'' as an allergen under the ''environmental'' section -
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Bottom line. If you stop drinking water, or consuming water based products, you will DIE.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 12-7-2018 by Illumimasontruth because: Thread too cringey

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

The theory is now that the stuff in milk and orange juice may be preventing the H2O molecules from binding to the cellular receptors and triggering off an allergy. Apparently they STILL react to milk and orange juice but it isn't as bad.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
I can't even read anymore of this thread, but this is Golden advice.

I was looking for a laugh but the cringe is too strong.

I stopped laughing after page one of this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join