It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family ganged up and attacked me.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Asking someone why they allow their kids to watch something is "telling them how to raise their kids" when did you become a snowflake?

I didn't tell her how to do anything. When I say I consider it risque I didn't say that to her. I simple asked "How come your kids are allowed to watch it". I didn't make a judgement.

Many people here did. Their loss I suppose. Most of the negative comments here are people assuming how the conversation actually went, no one bothered to ask. Expected more from you Mr Mason.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Asking someone why they allow their kids to watch something is "telling them how to raise their kids" when did you become a snowflake?

Stop being coy, you made it clear when you related your woeful and miserable story of your opinion of said show. Obviously when you say to someone 'why do you let your kids watch that, I think it's raunchy' the implication is that your parenting skills are superior due to your morality.

And the snowflake is the one who gets offended by television shows. Turn off the channel and stopping being a mary if you don't like it.

I didn't tell her how to do anything. When I say I consider it risque I didn't say that to her. I simple asked "How come your kids are allowed to watch it". I didn't make a judgement.

You must think people are morons to not get what you are implying. What did they think you were getting at? That you approved?

Many people here did. Their loss I suppose. Most of the negative comments here are people assuming how the conversation actually went, no one bothered to ask. Expected more from you Mr Mason.

Your expectations of me should be what mine are of me, that I don't tell people how to lead their life. You did and you got a smack down from your family and it's kinda odd that you seemed taken aback by it.

edit on 30-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My take on it is this:

First - I decide if I'm in the mood for a fight.

Second - When I decide I wanna fight someone, I think about how I can really beat the living crap out of them.

Third - I decide if they are worth my time or not.

Fourth - 99% of the time I decide 'Nah, not worth my time'.

But if I want a fight, I won't just make an uppity comment then act confused that I offended them. I'll try to rip them to shreds. I am not confused nor amused, I am The Machine. hehehe

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
But if I want a fight, I won't just make an uppity comment then act confused that I offended them.

You should explain that to the Original Poster.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: muzzleflash
But if I want a fight, I won't just make an uppity comment then act confused that I offended them.

You should explain that to the Original Poster.

Well I told em they need to decide what's really important here - having a happy loving family or being jerks and fighting all the time.

I do strongly believe that he is very confused about this dichotomy.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

It's a case of do you want to be right or do you want to be happy.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: muzzleflash

It's a case of do you want to be right or do you want to be happy.

No reason not to be both. Piss 'em off enough that they completely clam up and go about your day has gotten me this far. I'm struggling to see the downside for the OP in their scenario, and he didn't respond to my earlier comment saying as much.

two of my sisters wont talk to me [SNIP] I can't even talk to my sisters as they blocked me on social media and live far way.

This would seem to be an ideal outcome of a disagreement in which the words and attitudes of another were the problem. The sisters were pissing him off with their blathering and henlike clucking, now they've gone silent. I'm not seeing a downside here, but maybe that's just my cultural roots coming out. Vikings were known to kill their own siblings, so...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I guess because I look at fighting with your family as a lose/lose.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is the new norm. I heard an audience clap the other day when a speaker said something about perverting cultural norms.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I would say , set this whole issue aside , getting fixated on your family and their emotional states and their ego pandering will only cause you more problems.

Just do you , set your own example and be the more conscious aware human being!

they can either learn from your good example (desired outcome)
or they can continue blindly following their ideals and holding their bigoted views (least desired outcome)
but dont let them act as a rock on your path, be like a river and flow past the rock in your path!

If someone straight up refuses to see an alternative point of view, then there is no point trying to show them the forest from the trees and certainly dont rub their nose in the # on their knees!

if anything assert your opinion without judging them and move on!

You cant please everyone and you cant win everything
sometimes you just have to chalk it up as a fail and a learning experience !
Also as you get older you realise that your family arent that great and they maybe , racist, bigot, sexist etc !
you dont have to ensure your family is perfect and happy , it can be upsetting to know your family are egotists and live unconsciously !

time can change things, so just lead by example. I someteimes like to do this

I think of a subject which I know they have issues with , I then wait until I am asked a question about a particular subject then I state how I have managed to work this out for myself .
Hopefully by showing this example to them without making any judgements they will learn from your example
of being able to see the other side without emotional reaction or without snap judgement !

either that or you make them some lovely italian food , with mushrooms , but replace the normal mushrooms with stropharia cubensis and watch that ego dissolve into a puddle !

they probably wont watch Ru Paul or most TV again

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: kelbtalfenek
Thankd for the response and holding off making a character judgement like others here.

Maybe you are right to just let it go.

There's no call for any sort of judgement here. Families disagree and they squabble. I remember getting into a big hub-bub with my sis because her kid was throwing food all over the floor during dinner. I took his hand and tapped it saying "we don't throw food." The evil looks at that table were ridiculous...all pointed at me because I disciplined the boy by tapping his hand. But guess what...my nephew didn't throw any more food the rest of dinner. It was worth it in the short run, but it caused a great deal of disagreement within the family.

Anyways I hope that things calm down and you and your sisters can come to some sort of agreement/peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Joneselius

Get ready for more. Satan is working overtime on non-believers. I've never seen anything like it. Time must be getting short. The only advise I have for you is to pray for them. Nothing else is going to work.

Prayer does not work, that had been clear for milennia.

Intention with coherence does...first must work on oneself.

The belief that prayer works is one of the biggest lies ever told..and is why the enemy is a victor...almost all of the time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join