It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family ganged up and attacked me.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I only had to read up to the part where you opened your mouth about someone else's children, however, I chose to continue reading the OP. Not your business or place. I wasn't the biggest fan of how my brother's wife chose to raise my niece and nephew, but that's not my business. I don't like some of the parenting decisions my daughter makes. Not my place to call her out.

That being said, the response was pretty over the top. There was no debate to be had, and assuming you have a pretty solid understanding of your sisters, your comments were meant to elicit the response it got.

Some parents let their kids watch Ru Paul. Some parents let their kids watch South Park. Some parents let their kids watch Fox News. Everyone uses poor judgement from time to time....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Its time to get their feet off your neck, and fight back! And many of us are proud of you for doing so.

But they aren't his kids so I'm not sure what he needs to fight back over. He gave his opinion on their parenting and they blew him out of the water.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you miss a 'b' in your response?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

excuse me, but every single person on this board, including yourself, has offered their opinion on someone else's children and parenting everytime an emotionally charged story about kids has popped up. Well, your opinion is typically limited to whether you want them medium or well done and with a hint of béarnaise either on top or on the side.

But if we are free to point our fingers at bad parents when we read a story, how dare we criticize this man for expressing concern for his own blood relatives and their innocent minds.

Thats one hell of a double standard.
edit on 5-29-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Did you miss a 'b' in your response?

Baphomet?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

excuse me, but every single person on this board, including yourself, has offered their opinion on someone else's children and parenting everytime an emotionally charged story about kids has popped up.

And if said person wants to blow me out of the water that is their prerogative, just like his sisters did to him.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
well now, we all know thats not possible. The feasting on the blood of innocents has made you immortal, we could never challenge that kind of power

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

well now, we all know thats not possible.

Sure it is, I'm in sales, I get called horrible things daily.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No, actually I was thinking 'b' for "braising", as opposed to your "raising" (other peoples kids).

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh, hah, that would have been funny too.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Joneselius

Get ready for more. Satan is working overtime on non-believers. I've never seen anything like it. Time must be getting short. The only advise I have for you is to pray for them. Nothing else is going to work.

...Said a religious zealot every single day since religion existed. Yet...here we are.

Time is getting very short and things will only get worse.People must repent now before it is
too late.

You know....i've never really understood what the difference between say Armageddon or getting hit by a #ing bus would be? Either way, if you believe in whatever religion, you're going wherever the # you think you are whether Jesus comes for you or something else...and if Jesus is coming to bring the righteous to heaven or whatever what do you care if you're already dead...you've got some front row seats. There's always the chance anyone could die at any time...why do people get so worked up about the end of the world when in all honesty there's really not much difference between that and dying in the countless other ways there are to die?....
edit on 29/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Because all the kittens and monkeys die in the Apocalypse
If I die (I aim not to) it's just me.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Since this is only one side of the story, I really shouldn't comment BUT...

I don't know your relationship with your sisters, nor the tone in which you addressed them. Tone means everything and can put people on the defensive immediately. I'm not a fan of drag queens, but I can understand why some people are...DQs can act outrageously and get a laugh. They can be a little raunchy and get a laugh. They can and do poke fun at conventionalism and I can understand why people enjoy that. It's a break from reality.

Whether or not you or I enjoy the show is immaterial. And sometimes it's best to not comment at all.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek
Thankd for the response and holding off making a character judgement like others here.

Maybe you are right to just let it go.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The show is about makeup.
Lots of women watch it.

I have removed part of this post myself saving the mods the trouble.

Just makeup? What about the pickle/penis in the box thing? Do you suppose it’s okay for 7 or 11 year olds to watch such a show with so many sexual innuendos?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Lots of women watch it.

Just makeup? What about the pickle/penis in the box thing? Do you suppose it’s okay for 7 or 11 year olds to watch such a show with so many sexual innuendos?

Considering the OP's utter s#fit over it, I expected something way more risque than a mediocre skit.

No wonder he didn't link a video, it's nowhere near as offensive as he made it out to be. Is there innuendo? Yes, and about as bawdy as that innuendo gets is a hole in the box reference, which went over MY head the first go 'round.
Is it earth-shatteringly detrimental in theme? Lmfao, no.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius>>> My own take is that kids are being targeted and have been for at least two decades as means of population reduction. Endocrine disruptors, social programming and maybe even subliminal messaging at an early age or those more easily susceptible( autism, ADD, ADHD). Mess kids up so they don't reproduce and get them focused on gender issues or racism so they won't focus on declining economic problems or loss of personal freedom. And get older adults to die off from health problems through GMO and poisons and bad food( corn syrup, Monsanto) or alzheimers. Get us early, middle and late, depopulate.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Lots of women watch it.

Woman watch that sort of thing for the entertainment, laughs and nothing else. Admins in our office liked to get their hair done by some guy because he was such a scream, but then one admin asked another, "would you date him?" and the reply was "Oh god, no!"

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: kelbtalfenek
Thankd for the response and holding off making a character judgement like others here.

Well, I'm pretty sure I didn't make any character judgements in my earlier response, but now that you mention it...

Consider for a moment that you originated a 'My two sisters are being mean to me' thread in the Rant section of the ATS forum, and you questioned their parenting skills based on a controversial television program (one specifically designed to push the envelope of acceptable), which not so incidentally is probably a whole other thread, and then you asked the great people here on ATS, people who believe in flying saucers and trans-species-ism, what their opinion was.

Ummm...what exactly did you expect?

Now, on the other hand, if you had started off with the premise that this Ru Paul 'organism' is actually the alien spawn as a result of the New World Order media and Darth Vader copulating, and that 'it' had abducted your mind for the purposes of conducting kinky sexual experiments using pickles, well, then this would have been a whole other conversation!
edit on 5/30/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The only thing I can add to this is that yes a lot of people have their views and its their views only. In some cases some people will have views and behave as if they do not wish to push their ideals onto others and have the background stance yet still hold strong views which when given the right time, they will vent them.

It is a shame that everything is taken so serious these days and I think this is down to media wrongly dealing with important issues that have people running off having a skewed viewpoint on reality. Very rare do people take something thats said as fact and check, is it fact?

I do think that many younger generation mentality is, I hear it, so its true and older generation, I read it since I was a boy, so its true. Clashing mentalities.

It is rare to find people that have a view but are not offended if you listen or not. I take this stance myself, if others wont listen, its wasted breath.

Some are too far gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join