It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family ganged up and attacked me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In the words of my Euro trash gay cousin,

"You dont need to stick a feather in your hat to screw a dude".

I say, you dont need to put on heels to go jogging.

Being exaggerated and extravagant is the drag thing. Thats personality.

Gay is sexual preference.

Having to become a cartoon of anything isnt genuine. Some drag queens just like the moment in the spot light. Others like a life style formed around it.

If all you are about is makeup and showtunes MASKING sexual undertones to personal unsatisfied desires, then you are really just a vapid hoe.

Sashay away with that mess. Be human first. Kids dont need adult sexuality around them. You are correct in that respect hands down OP.

Your sisters were part of your childhood. The family you build is part of your adulthood.

Everything in its place and in its measure you know. Family is family but relatives are only that.

Like friends vs "brothers" from other mothers.

edit on 5 28 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Never watched but heard about the show. Not interested.

Accept it-being gay, trans, bi, whatever is really "in." It shows other people how open and sophisticated you are.

Being Christian is rapidly going out of style and it sounds like your sisters don't share your religiosity.

With this knowledge, the statements you made sound like you think you know better than them and come across as arrogant and disagreeable-very opinionated and you have been for a long time. For this reason, they get triggered when you start your opinionating, knowing ahead they won't agree.

You need to accept and be respectful of their lifestyles, parenting and different opinions.

This will take time, if ever, to mend. You need to work on your ability to socialize with those, including family who are different than you; I am sure you do fine at church but most of your life is outside church.

Family is important; you need to decide if your opinions are more important than a relationship with them.

edit on 28-5-2018 by Justso because: typos

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
In the seventies we had kennie everate. And Danny la rue in drag and I used to copy Kennies American chat show host with tennis balls for boobs.
Kids do that type of stuff.
edit on 29-5-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It’s weird how some women have a strange affection for fags and trannies. So much so that they coined the term “Fag Hag”.

I don’t mind seeing them as long as they genuinely look like women and are naturally feminine. The people on those shows (which I mistakenly saw a preview of) looked like monsters.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I'm confused by what you are really asking here.

Obviously, your sisters were very offended by your words. It also sounds as if they were on the defensive. As in they felt you were attacking them.

Do you care? That's a serious question. And it's all that matters. If you just want to say what you will and don't care how your words affect them, then you'll get exactly what you're getting and rightfully so.

If you want a quality relationship with your sisters, then you need to respect their perspective as well. You don't have to like it and you don't have to pretend to like it. You can ask your sisters to please not discuss that topic because you will never agree, and ask them for the same respect they want from you; i.e., they don't want to hear your opinions on it and you don't want to hear their opinions on it.

If you just want to be "right," then okay... you're right. For yourself. If you want a relationship with your sisters, then you need to show them respect and courtesy for their opinions and positions -- whether you like it or not. If you cannot do that for whatever reason, then perhaps you should just leave them be.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Personally, I'd double down on your position. That's how I react to situations like that. Waffling and backing down will only make it worse, and give them the satisfaction of thinking they 'won'. Next time they'll be 2x as abusive, thinking they've almost got you to seeing it their way. Don't go there!

In fact, now is the opportunity to take your position to extremes. Go hard over the other direction, let them know your will over yourself is stronger than their opinion. They may not ever agree with you on the subject, but they'll know where you stand and respect you for it.

Now, I am known to have a strong opinion on things (heh, probably the understatement of the week), but in the same breath I also respect differing opinions (I'm actually quite interested in understanding them frankly...to a point). I expect the same of others, and will accept nothing less. That said, there's a point where you realize the time for words is over, and action is required (no, I'm not talking about physical violence here). Your opinion is yours, you are entitled to it, and no one is allowed to take it away from you. Period.

Bottom line; you are entitled to your opinion, and without it you are nothing but a wet towel, not of value. People who are unable to respect a differing opinion are shallow people, and people who demand other people to cow-tow to their opinion (or else) are even worse. The worst of all are people who will withhold a familial relationship over something petty like this. Screw 'em! I have exactly zero tolerance for stuff like this. At some point people have to agree to disagree, and if they can't respect that then they have no respect at all, only selfishness.

ETA...your best card to play is to show them, irrespective of their opinion, that you still love them. If they are unable to reciprocate the same, then that's their problem, not yours!!

edit on 5/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
They aren't your kids.

And it's just an effing TV show.

Move on.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Well, and there's that!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I can't imagine anyone watching that show.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You should kill both your sisters and adopt their kids, then you can raise them the way you want. Problem solved. Feel free to thank me with a fruit basket.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You should kill both your sisters and adopt their kids, then you can raise them the way you want. Problem solved. Feel free to thank me with a fruit basket.

It's the Christian thing to do!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
It's the Christian thing to do!

I like raising other people's kids, this way I can plump them up the way I want.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The world is more on fire today than it has ever been in human history. Maybe Looney toons has more influence thN you thought.

What was loveline?? That was on the radio?? I did not tune into the radio at night before bed when I was a kid. I fell back to my Walkman and the mixtapes I recorded from the radio during the week. A lot of red hot chili peppers, Busta rhymes, Metallica, 2pac, diddy and sugar Ray. Lol. Actually the radio has become much more tame thankfully. Ppl like bubba The love sponge have been forced to sat. Radio.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: Deetermined

Get ready for more. Satan is working overtime on non-believers. I've never seen anything like it. Time must be getting short. The only advise I have for you is to pray for them. Nothing else is going to work.

...Said a religious zealot every single day since religion existed. Yet...here we are.

Time is getting very short and things will only get worse.People must repent now before it is
too late.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well your sister has the right to let her kids watch watch whatever they want, just do what I would do-shake your head.

However I'm no parent but if I had kids and I caught them watching Keeping up with the Kardashians they would be grounded for a week. Sure I was raised on a diet of Transformers and Ninja Turtles, but there was always Sir David Attenborough and I learned a lot from watching his documentaries, not to mention all the other documentaries I watched and learned from.

But and the end of the day if you sister wants her children to get brain rot, don't be afraid to ask her how she can explain to her kids how these reality "stars" got "famous" and then got universally hated in the space of a few years.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Don't even bother arguing with them.

In fact you should apologize to them, tell them you love them and hope to see them again soon.

Ignore everything wrong with them, it will only create problems.
If they criticize you, just turn it into a joke or something.

End your family feud, dude life's short. Don't you care about them?

You won't change their stupid crazy beliefs, but maybe you can remind them about what really matters in life?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I would do that but you dont know them. Theyre rather petty and stubborn.

I have spent an eternity trying to placate them and cowtow to their ridiculousness. I stand up once!
I understand people think Im being self righteous yada yada but I'm not. I just dont get why they cant accept my position. I accept theirs. I just disagree with it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You're almost as self-righteous as they are, can't you see that?

You actually got it in your head to criticize drama queens for being drama queens, and now you're upset that it created drama for them (their favorite thing)? They just ate it up, drama queens love all that negative energy and they love to get into criticism debates so they can puff up their egos.

I avoid people like that and if I must be around them I leave them alone and be nice. Therefore zero incidents.

You just gotta let go of it.
You believe in God? Well prove it, let God handle this.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
But did you not read what was posted from the bible earlier? it is God's demand that we fight unholy blasphemy and affronts to His rules with righteous indignation! He did it quite respectfully actually.

I think most people here are just trying to give his sisters their pussy pass. Don't do it J, you have been giving them their PP your whole life. Its time to get their feet off your neck, and fight back! And many of us are proud of you for doing so.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
But did you not read what was posted from the bible earlier? it is God's demand that we fight unholy blasphemy and affronts to His rules with righteous indignation! He did it quite respectfully actually.

I think most people here are just trying to give his sisters their pussy pass. Don't do it J, you have been giving them their PP your whole life. Its time to get their feet off your neck, and fight back! And many of us are proud of you for doing so.

I dunno man, maybe I'm just getting old?

I realize that I only have so much time to live and so simply don't have time for all that pointless crap.

I'm not giving anyone a "pass" by choosing to ignore them. I'm giving myself a much needed break!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join